Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,225 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    About to jump into shower. Anyone want to scrub my back.

I'm sure Seph will be along shortly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Deskside. Wondering what today will bring.

Have run out of perfume. May have to walk to town at lunch.

northgirl wrote: »
    Deskside. Wondering what today will bring.

Have run out of perfume. May have to walk to town at lunch.

Ooh what perfume???

Autosport wrote: »
    Ooh what perfume???

Ideally a bottle of Molecule but that'll be around 100 which I really can't afford so might go for a small Jo Malone which will be around 50 and tide me over a while :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ideally a bottle of Molecule but that'll be around 100 which I really can't afford so might go for a small Jo Malone which will be around 50 and tide me over a while :)

Or buy a can lynx, 2.50, sorted :pac:

• Advertisement

Or buy a can lynx, 2.50, sorted :pac:

now why didn't I think of that - thanks Seph :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

You were looking for me? :p

Waiting for meds to do their thing so I can have my breakfast.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'll shave yer back and then exfoliate with a beaded apricot scrub and finish off with fine layer of aloe vera :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Just home from a 24 hour shift in work.. I hit the wall about two hours ago and now I'm on my second wind and waiting for overwhelming exhaustion to take me away for a few hours sleep.. (in short, I'm home).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Has anyone seen sight or sound of Graces lately? Her last post nearly a week ago and she didn't respond to a PM I sent a few days ago. Just a bit worried as she hasn't been very well according to posts here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Lying down in my friend's house, absolutely knackered but very, very happy. I passed my viva on Monday and have spent the last two days celebrating, eating too much food, and generally being more sociable than usual. So now I'm crashing and have treated myself to a netflix free trial so I have something to look at while I do absolutely nothing.

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    Lying down in my friend's house, absolutely knackered but very, very happy. I passed my viva on Monday and have spent the last two days celebrating, eating too much food, and generally being more sociable than usual. So now I'm crashing and have treated myself to a netflix free trial so I have something to look at while I do absolutely nothing.

Congrats!

Haunting of Hill House is my Netflix recommendation!!!!!!!! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Congrats!

what's a viva exam?

Congrats!

what's a viva exam?

PhD isn't it?

Dr. Bolgbui41 :)

PhD isn't it?

Dr. Bolgbui41 :)

Oh my :eek:

Congrats!

what's a viva exam?

It's an oral exam at the end of your PhD - you have two experts in your field who try to pick holes in your thesis, ask you why you didn't include some stuff they've written, and prove to it's your own work.

Mine wasn't as scary as that sounds, though. I'd two nice examiners, a relaxed setting, and a bottle of champagne at the end (though they had to rush out and buy me a bottle of lilt when they realised I didn't drink:) )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Well done. That's seriously impressive. I wouldn't mind being you some day :)

It's an oral exam at the end of your PhD - you have two experts in your field who try to pick holes in your thesis, ask you why you didn't include some stuff they've written, and prove to it's your own work.

Mine wasn't as scary as that sounds, though. I'd two nice examiners, a relaxed setting, and a bottle of champagne at the end (though they had to rush out and buy me a bottle of lilt when they realised I didn't drink:) )

I'm obviously dehydrated after being sick all night. A can of lilt sounds delish!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Slooooowwllyy drinking a mug of coffee kitchen tableside to delay all the sh1t that needs to get done today. As it is such a beautiful day I will get off my bum and get going, all that needs doing is within walking distance and not too much to be carried home. I will maybe fit in my favourite walking route too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Whispered wrote: »
    Has anyone seen sight or sound of Graces lately? Her last post nearly a week ago and she didn't respond to a PM I sent a few days ago. Just a bit worried as she hasn't been very well according to posts here.

I was only thinking of her last night, thought it had been a while since we heard from her

That's unreal, congratulations! :D

Currently bedside, trying to gear myself up for the phone call I'll have to make later

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Congrats Doc.

Home after a quick visit to a friend in a nursing home. All good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Waiting for gym class to start, late one today. It was this or nothing. There's a 2 year old sitting beside me (you can bring them if you're stuck :D) she's singing along with the music.. Lol. Word for word. She's so cute. Can't wait to see her on the bikes. :D

Congratulations Bolgbui! :)

I'm sitting on the couch doing a bit of work before heading in to work :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Congrats Dr. Yellowbelly!

Whispered wrote: »

I was just thinking that aswell, hope all is well with her xxx

Congrats Dr :D

Now carside people watching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Sitting to do today's crossword....at last!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Is there a Dr in the house? Congrats ya smart arse.

Lying on the sofa trying to motivate myself to bed. Not long finished work and then was trying to organise food for a party in July to celebrate my sister's wedding. Tis all go be jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Back at home after my seminar at uni and mini grocery shop after. The seminar was good, we workshopped the draft of our monologues and got some feedback on what we could improve. Will edit it a bit tomorrow, and hopefully submit it tomorrow evening (it's due Friday :eek:) On the plus side, it'll by my first assignment submitted in an English uni as an Erasmus student :D

Thanks, everyone!
    Congrats!

Haunting of Hill House is my Netflix recommendation!!!!!!!! :D

I went with your recommendation, northgirl, completely forgetting that I am a total scaredy-cat. And that everyone else who lives here would be out till at least ten. So now I'm hiding in my bed in a big old farmhouse in very rural, very dark mid-Wales, waaay to afraid to go downstairs for tea cause God knows what's lurking out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Great show. Deskside, trying to get a decent stream for the match.

Piracy poilce are cracking down tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement