Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Rail September Timetable Changes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,141 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Getting very difficult to squeeze in at raheny under new system.

People at Killester and clontarf have little chance.

Can't go on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭Deviso

noodler wrote: »
    Getting very difficult to squeeze in at raheny under new system.

People at Killester and clontarf have little chance.

Can't go on.
    One benefit of having the option of Clongriffin or Bayside as my local stations. I'll always get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Deviso wrote: »
    One benefit of having the option of Clongriffin or Bayside as my local stations. I'll always get on.

The population of North Dublin really needs to push transport and commuting times as an election issue

I actually don't understand the weekend termination of commuters at Connolly. It's adds twenty minutes onto any commutes to the South side for what can only be minimal benefit

• Registered Users Posts: 28,980 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

trellheim wrote: »
    Surely there must be a timetable run possible that has peaks inbound 8 Carr in the rush and outbound 8s in the evening, cover the missing other directions with a dmu you can’t tell me the whole fleet is on the road

apart from EMU sets out for maintenence i believe the rest are out working. there aren't any more DMUS availible to cover the dart shortage without taking capacity from other services. stopping the suburbans at portmarnock and clongriffin i think is about the only thing that can be done and i'm sure the users of those services are going to love that.

shut down alcohol action ireland now! end MUP today!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Just seen this tweet by Irish rail regarding the Drogheda train running from Malahide to cut back on delays.

https://twitter.com/IrishRail/status/1043874193572601857?s=19

• Advertisement

08.40 Connolly Maynooth left Maynooth 30 minutes late and not expected in Connolly until 09:50 (usual ETA in Connolly is 09:20)

No announcement by Irish rail on social media and they didn't answer a single query from people asking where the train was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

thomasj wrote: »
    08.40 Connolly Maynooth left Maynooth 30 minutes late and not expected in Connolly until 09:50 (usual ETA in Connolly is 09:20)

No announcement by Irish rail on social media and they didn't answer a single query from people asking where the train was.
    Do you work for Virgin trains or something? Yes mistakes happen but I never see a message from you about the dozens of journeys that start and finish on time!

Do you work for Virgin trains or something? Yes mistakes happen but I never see a message from you about the dozens of journeys that start and finish on time!

I'm a passenger just like most people on here that have put up with constant delays since the new timetable.

And when it comes to my line the Maynooth line there has been very few, if any occasions of trains running on time since the new timetable, well in my experience anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,713 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

why would he complain about trains being on time - that's the least we should be expecting from Irish Rail.

loyatemu wrote: »
    why would he complain about trains being on time - that's the least we should be expecting from Irish Rail.

Is this discussion just for complaints? No congratulations or thanks for a well run service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Is this discussion just for complaints? No congratulations or thanks for a well run service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's no well run service to begin with.

Platform announcement blamed a tech issue, driver blamed low rail adhesion for that delay. Three has been significant leaf fall but it wasn't even close to the first train of the day

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

No congratulations or thanks for a well run service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What well run service? People at my stop still unable to board multiple trains due to overcrowding. Not an issue prior to the new timetable so they've messed this up. Not a huge surprise if people aren't thankful when they have made it worse for many.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭JayRoc

I never see a message from you about the dozens of journeys that start and finish on time!
    What a very odd thing to say

JayRoc wrote: »
    What a very odd thing to say

I just feel that we are all being too negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,980 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Do you work for Virgin trains or something?

what's your point in asking that question? because if you are suggesting he is saying that irish rail is the only operator who has late trains and all other operators are perfect, then you are mistaken.
    Yes mistakes happen but

mistakes happen, but no communication as to why the train is late, or that it's even delayed is unacceptible, indefensible and inexcusable.

I never see a message from you about the dozens of journeys that start and finish on time!

so? why would people comment if their train is on time? all though on time in irish rail land is 10 minutes late.

that's not surprising given it's not a well run service. some of that isn't the operator's fault, but the lack of communication most certainly is

shut down alcohol action ireland now! end MUP today!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

At this stage it's obvious that there is no new timetable. It's just pot luck what time a dart will come. When it was every 15 mins they could make a fist of maintaining the schedule but every time ten minutes is completely beyond them. I'd actually prefer them to go back to what it was, at least I could make some kind of plan around it.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Mousewar wrote: »
    At this stage it's obvious that there is no new timetable. It's just pot luck what time a dart will come. When it was every 15 mins they could make a fist of maintaining the schedule but every time ten minutes is completely beyond them. I'd actually prefer them to go back to what it was, at least I could make some kind of plan around it.

This is it, can't make accurate plans because who knows what time one will arrive.

https://twitter.com/PaddyFeelo/status/1044285333960093698?s=19

Similar case on the Maynooth line this evening where the next station should have been castleknock but was showing grand canal dock

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

my going home Dart was cancelled today, I'm not too bothered because I only get it because it consistently runs late.
    The Northside dart at Pearse was pretty full which was shocking considering the one I got on going the other way was half full, even after the cancellation

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭Deviso

Absolute **** show this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

First Sligo service late at Maynooth as usual yet actually comes in to Connolly on time - on the wrong platform! 1 instead of 4, people having to run for connections particularly if they'd placed themselves for the right door and are now multiple cars down P1

L1011 wrote:
    First Sligo service late at Maynooth as usual yet actually comes in to Connolly on time - on the wrong platform!

Beyond a joke at this stage , the Maynooth train to Bray should be AHEAD of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

https://twitter.com/PaddyFeelo/status/1044285333960093698?s=19

Similar case on the Maynooth line this evening where the next station should have been castleknock but was showing grand canal dock

At least its the same city :). I've had charleville, clontarf Road, thomastown, mueir Beag amongst others :).

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    At least its the same city :). I've had charleville, clontarf Road, thomastown, mueir Beag amongst others :).

I had a quantum 29000 that was on the Midleton, Waterford and Rosslare lines all at once according to the next station signs and announcements while actually heading to Maynooth.

Station was different in Irish and English at that

Hilly Bill wrote:
    At least its the same city . I've had charleville, clontarf Road, thomastown, mueir Beag amongst others .

Haha :D

L1011 wrote: »
    I had a quantum 29000 that was on the Midleton, Waterford and Rosslare lines all at once according to the next station signs and announcements while actually heading to Maynooth.

Station was different in Irish and English at that

Possibly the same set. I didn't want to get off as i wanted to see where else i was supposed to be.

L1011 wrote:

I had manulla junction at one stage! Train was heading to longford

Cancellations tonight as per Irish rail Twitter:

17:30hrs Malahide Bray
    19:25hrs Bray Howth
    20:45hrs Howth Bray
    22:10hrs Bray Howth

No driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Decuc500

gimli2112 wrote: »
    my going home Dart was cancelled today, I'm not too bothered because I only get it because it consistently runs late.
    The Northside dart at Pearse was pretty full which was shocking considering the one I got on going the other way was half full, even after the cancellation

I think it's quite obvious that the 10 minute Southside service could easily give up a few rush hour carriages to give to the 20 minute Northside service but Irish Rail don't seem to want to do this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    No driver.

Are there no spare drivers for this eventuality?

Advertisement