Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colts Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Luck is endorsing products!! Was all over the Fifa campaign here, I've also seen him in Gatorade, Quaker Oats and pretty sure it was Topps material! Don't believe everything you hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Just found the original story and its dates the 30th of August! Was tweeted by Wells last week so things have obviously changed since August!

Not turning this into an argument but did a quick search of Luck FIFA and Gatorade and got this article straight away, dated 25th August, so that original article you saw seems to have been some terrible reporting!

Larry Browne Sports? Never heard of him myself before! My naiviety was exposed!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Luck didn't disappoint me last night, calm, controlled and such poise for a kid. The most impressive moment of the game for me? Was when he went on the run for the down late in the 4th quarter, he took a hit to the head as he slid near the end of the run. Did he get up and act up, bitch or moan like Cam Newton would have?

Did he fúck, he got up, brushed it off and then calmed down his teammates who were baying for blood after the hit. To see a rookie with such a wise head, calming his boys down and saying lets get on with it - wow. He was then sporting enough to accept the hand of the guy who hit him. That's what impressed me the most, the little things, but the things that really matter imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

calmed down his teammates who were baying for blood after the hit. To see a rookie with such a wise head, calming his boys down and saying lets get on with it - wow. He was then sporting enough to accept the hand of the guy who hit him.

I loved that moment. Showed great leadership :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Luck didn't disappoint me last night, calm, controlled and such poise for a kid. The most impressive moment of the game for me? Was when he went on the run for the down late in the 4th quarter, he took a hit to the head as he slid near the end of the run. Did he get up and act up, bitch or moan like Cam Newton would have?

Did he fúck, he got up, brushed it off and then calmed down his teammates who were baying for blood after the hit. To see a rookie with such a wise head, calming his boys down and saying lets get on with it - wow. He was then sporting enough to accept the hand of the guy who hit him. That's what impressed me the most, the little things, but the things that really matter imo.

Didn't see the game last night, fell asleep doh!!!

But from what you have described he has a very old head on young shoulders which is great to see, and also great leadership to calm the lads down and get their heads back in the game.

6-3 for the season so far i bet not many people predicted this good a start with a rookie QB and then the news about the coach.

Roll on the play-offs hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

In all fairness you've had 5 games against truly shocking opposition so far. The wins against the Vikings and Packers have merit but the record is piss, and the thing is you'll be able to ride that schedule to the end, with a game against each of the Chiefs, Bills and Titans, only the Chiefs away from home. Shocker if you miss the playoffs now, though the Dolphins do have 4 extremely winnable games left this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SpottyWetWang

Hi colts fans,
    I only started following the NFL and the Colts last season so I'm still learning as I go. Can anybody please explain to me why Luck took the three knees at the end of last nights game. I know we had already won, but why not go for another touchdown? I would of understood if there was less then eight points in it but not in this case.

It's be a good idea for you to check out this thread and any links within it, along with searching Google for guides to the game!

The reason Luck did that is they had the game won, there was no reason to score again, it can be seen as disrespectful to the opposition! Only Belichick really runs up the scores on teams ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

matthew8 wrote: »
    In all fairness you've had 5 games against truly shocking opposition so far. The wins against the Vikings and Packers have merit but the record is piss, and the thing is you'll be able to ride that schedule to the end, with a game against each of the Chiefs, Bills and Titans, only the Chiefs away from home. Shocker if you miss the playoffs now, though the Dolphins do have 4 extremely winnable games left this year.
    Show me one pre season ranking that didnt have us in the thirties. We don't claim to be the best team in the league. Coming into this season probably 10 coaches and GMs of the teams we play had a W for next to us on the schedule.
    Get some perspective. The shocker wont be that we miss the playoffs. The shocker is that we are still in the conversation halfway through November.
    We were dead last in the league last year. Behind the Browns and Chiefs. Thats why we have to play them. You know how the schedule works, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Hi colts fans,
    I only started following the NFL and the Colts last season so I'm still learning as I go. Can anybody please explain to me why Luck took the three knees at the end of last nights game. I know we had already won, but why not go for another touchdown? I would of understood if there was less then eight points in it but not in this case.
    What would going for another TD have done for us, other than risk handing over possesion, or injuring players?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,329 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Obviously I hope you guys lose next weekend but just looking at the Texans schedule and they have to go to Chicago this weekend, then in two weeks time they go to Detroit and two weeks after that to Gillette to face us.

You could be playing them for the divisional lead in week 15 if things went right for you and then have a chance to finish them off the last week of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

davyjose wrote: »
    Show me one pre season ranking that didnt have us in the thirties. We don't claim to be the best team in the league. Coming into this season probably 10 coaches and GMs of the teams we play had a W for next to us on the schedule.
    Get some perspective. The shocker wont be that we miss the playoffs. The shocker is that we are still in the conversation halfway through November.
    We were dead last in the league last year. Behind the Browns and Chiefs. Thats why we have to play them. You know how the schedule works, right?
    Where did I say you were hot favourites coming into this season? Because that's what you seem to think I said. I'm just saying you've been riding a very weak schedule.

kmart6 wrote: »
    It's be a good idea for you to check out this thread and any links within it, along with searching Google for guides to the game!

The reason Luck did that is they had the game won, there was no reason to score again, it can be seen as disrespectful to the opposition! Only Belichick really runs up the scores on teams ;)
    And Sean Payton!

Chapman has been elevated to the active roster! Powers is put on IR and out for the year!

Always weird for me not seeing Peyton facing us today in a Colts jersey. Our secondary has given average QB's career days against us. Luck is certainly no average QB and he should have a very productive day. If our receivers keep dropping the ball like they did last week, there's no telling which way it could go.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Gonna be weird not seeing Peyton tonight but I'll be very interested to see how Luck gets on tonight. I'm more worried for our defence though against that unrelenting no huddle offence Brady employs so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

I hate to say it but one thing i've really noticed is that Brady is at his best when he's playing a young upstart - he always wants to show him up and show that he should have the attention. Twice last year he threw in unbelievable performances against Tebow and the year before he humiliated Sanchez on primetime. I worry that tonight could be the same

spiralism wrote: »
    I hate to say it but one thing i've really noticed is that Brady is at his best when he's playing a young upstart - he always wants to show him up and show that he should have the attention. Twice last year he threw in unbelievable performances against Tebow and the year before he humiliated Sanchez on primetime. I worry that tonight could be the same
    Lets hope that it's 3rd time Lucky(waheyyyyy) for the young upstarts!

• Advertisement

Have the pats not lost 3 of their last 4 games against rookie QB's?? Or is that BB?

Michael Irvine tipped the colts to win today....he also tipped (today) the cowboys to win the NFC!! This does not fill me with confidence!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Come on Luck!

Knew it. Brady always feels he has a chip on his shoulder when it comes to these matchups, like he has to put the young lads in their place.

Yes, all down to Brady, nothing to do with the 21 points from returns and INTs!

Team sport, not all on one indidual, especially this evening!

True, though i think the Pats as a whole step it up in those situations

Let go of the hate man.

59 - 21 = 38. But I'm sure Brady had no involvement whatsoever in those other 38 points. Whatever we do, we mustn't give him any kind of credit. Unless he played for another team I suppose.

Tough night for young Luck last night, but it will be an invaluable lesson for him. He's a very smart talented kid and I've no doubt it will make him a better player.

Let go of the hate man.

59 - 21 = 38. But I'm sure Brady had no involvement whatsoever in those other 38 points. Whatever we do, we mustn't give him any kind of credit. Unless he played for another team I suppose.
    Eh ok, there is no hate! Brady is one of the best QBs to ever play the game, and I have no issue saying that. I'm just pointing out that he alone did not beat a team, and that he doesn't have a chip on his shoulder just cause he's playing some rookie, he goes out to win, and win strong every week.

So don't do the usual thing every Pats fan does here and presume that everyone hates Brady or the Pats, not all about the Pats!

Eh ok, there is no hate! Brady is one of the best QBs to ever play the game, and I have no issue saying that. I'm just pointing out that he alone did not beat a team, and that he doesn't have a chip on his shoulder just cause he's playing some rookie, he goes out to win, and win strong every week.

So don't do the usual thing every Pats fan does here and presume that everyone hates Brady or the Pats, not all about the Pats!

Oh don't start with the tired old some Patriot fans blah, blah, blah, crap please. Every week I see rival teams return INT's for TD's and kick returns for TD's and there's nothing made of it. We all understand the game here and how it works. Nobody was crediting Brady with those plays, so I don't understand why you even needed to point it out.

• Advertisement

One thing about Luck is that he is not afraid to throw the ball into tight windows! It seems that most throws he makes are into guys that are covered or very nearly covered. Perhaps he needs to learn to check down to open receivers (TBH there mightn't be any) or maybe throw it away! Not saying its a bad thing he's so aggressive throwing the ball into coverage rather that than being gun shy like say for instance Gabbert!

I guess the big thing is that our O-line is so poor outside maybe Castanzo that opposition defences can get lots of pressure with just 3 or 4 rushers, which means they can drop everyone else into coverage eating up the space!

Sunday nights game was very disappointing (I wasn't overly confident but I thought we could keep it close for longer) but giving up 21 points to the Pats when Brady isn't on the field is never gonna end well!!

Advertisement