Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Concorde last flights 24th Oct

Options
  • 08-10-2003 9:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

Not sure if many are aware or interested, but BA end's all Concorde services on the 24th October after which all aircraft will pass to museums. BA will have a final Concorde flight into Belfast on Tuesday 21st between 11:45 and 15:45. There are also flights to Birmingham, Cardiff, Manchester and Edinburgh. Last flights into Heathrow are on Friday 24th with 3 Concorde's due to arrive together at 4pm.

Info is from one of my old workmates in BA, so should be good.

Comments

Yeah, sad to see it go.
    Richard Branson wanted to get his hands on it, but brand politics got in the way.

I flew on concorde from New york to london in February and one of the things I remember was the captain coming over the tannoy no more than an hour or so into the flight saying he was speaking to Irish air Traffic control.

That flight was over Britain in about 3.5 hours!
    Despite everything I'd read about it beforehand though, the flight was very shaky, despite the height.
    The champagne ( of which there was a non stop supply ) was in danger of spilling!
    The plane looks tiny up close and we boarded direct from the lounge in jfk.
    When you are used to a 747, the inside of the concorde is very narrow and dated in appearance.
    And as for the bog , it was finely decorated but you wouldn't want to be more than five foot tall:eek: :D

mm

Advertisement