Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin City Bus Service Improvements from 2nd December

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Stephen15 wrote: »
    The 236 still runs but only 3 times a day in either direction. It's due to move to Go-Ahead in January so it may get an increased frequency.

That would definitely be a welcome development.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Still very disappointed the 40e bypasses a lot of Finglas South.

Here's hoping Go Ahead also run a bus through Finglas into Cabra to access the LUAS at some point in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Stephen15 wrote: »
    The 236 still runs but only 3 times a day in either direction. It's due to move to Go-Ahead in January so it may get an increased frequency.

I think it would benefit all for the 238 to be extended to damastown and merged with 236. Would cover all areas the 236 covers. More buses to increase frequency and extra services for blanch centre damastown etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

thomasj wrote: »
    I think it would benefit all for the 238 to be extended to damastown and merged with 236. Would cover all areas the 236 covers. More buses to increase frequency and extra services for blanch centre damastown etc

That sounds logical alright but if the NTA but if they did you would probably the local PBP TD or councillor sprouting nonsense like "it's a bleedin disgrace this English profiteering company trying to cut our buses d'elderly will be d'ones to suffer" even though a change like that would be done by the NTA and not Go-Ahead. They campaign to save "vital community services" despite the fact nobody uses them and their highly infrequent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭Daith

Here's hoping Go Ahead also run a bus through Finglas into Cabra to access the LUAS at some point in the future.

Aye, I thought it might have gone down Wellmount, Tesco then Tolka Valley to Cabra.

I got the Luas to Broombridge and walked to my folks house in Finglas South. Didn't take that long and not having to deal with the Whitworth Rd was a blessing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭XPS_Zero

AngryLips wrote: »
    It wouldn’t be ireland without a politician there to take credit for the opening of an envelope

Stop rewarding them at the ballot boxes for going to the opening of an envelope, and start rewarding them for actual policy proposals and doing the actual job they are meant to do in the Dail, and tell them at the door you want them to do the actual job not turn up to the cutting of a ribbon or the opening of a curtain in front of a plaque.

At the moment, if you don't go to the opening of an envelope, and you just do your job as a minister or TD or both, your constituents will say they "never see him/her around" and you will loose re-election.
    They all know this. It's that easy. If you make it LOOK like you are doing things you get back in, if you ACTUALLY do things you get punished because voters are not taking a close enough interest to see what you are doing unless it's done right in front of their noses.

There are two sides to this problem: 5050, voters and politicos are equally to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Daith wrote: »
    Aye, I thought it might have gone down Wellmount, Tesco then Tolka Valley to Cabra.

I got the Luas to Broombridge and walked to my folks house in Finglas South. Didn't take that long and not having to deal with the Whitworth Rd was a blessing.

It'll be a pointless route for many if it went around the world, like the original 40D route did. By the time it got to the Luas you'd have been better off just getting the 40D into the city, unless you lived pretty much near the end of the route.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭Daith

Hurrache wrote: »
    It'll be a pointless route for many if it went around the world, like the original 40D route did. By the time it got to the Luas you'd have been better off just getting the 40D into the city, unless you lived pretty much near the end of the route.

Yeah, fair point. Hopefully it does lead to more feeder buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Here's hoping the 39A changes come soon.

Ridiculous that at 8.30pm at night and there's no room on buses. Same thing this evening. Happening on a weekly basis now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

thomasj wrote: »
    Here's hoping the 39A changes come soon.

Ridiculous that at 8.30pm at night and there's no room on buses. Same thing this evening. Happening on a weekly basis now.

After the next round of routes move over to GAI probably on the 20th January likely. I'd say they'd have to push one of the less frequent routes out of the depot into Conygham Road or Harristown the 67 or the 70 perhaps as Phibsoboro dosen't have routes going to GAI.

• Advertisement
Advertisement