Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Win a pair of VIP passes for Taste of Dublin this Thursday!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

I love a coddle - preferably cooked by my Mammy!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Froggy123

I love pulled pork in bbq sauce on a lovely brioche bun!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tink2

I love eating Massaman Curry and would definitely visit Saba with these fab tickets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Gotta be a nice homemade pizza

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Hard to beat a nice homemade beef lasagna.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Redkilkenny

Just love a proper Roast Leg of Lamb and all the trimmings:)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

Steak fried in butter, creamy mushrooms and steamed broccoli.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gaz123

Would definitely have to be chicken curry (with onions and green peppers) lashed with benson curry sauce and fluffy rice

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Cabaiste Sabhaiste

A proper Dublin Coddle with really good thick lumps of bacon and quality sausages

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Sherlof3

French onion soup has been my favourite dish for years, it carried me through being a broke student (because it's so cheap to make) to couple's dinner parties as a well-liked starter, that delicious umami taste can't be beaten! Drink with a nice dry white!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

My favorite dish is chicken and broccoli bake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Weetabix.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Bœuf bourguignon. Start it on a Friday and eat it on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Alkers

Steak from the BBQ with fried onions, pepper sauce and sweet potatoe fries :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Shakshouka made fresh, with lamb mince through it as an extra!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Seámus-Púbach

A whopper rib eye cooked medium with all the trimmings

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

My favourite to cook is a Chicken and Chorizo Jambalaya. That smokey creole taste can't be beaten!

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭millie35

I love thai green curry and I make the paste from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

My favorite dish to cook is Chocolate Brownies, using a fantastic recipe from Donal Skehan, which always go down a treat when i make, so much so that friends ask me to bring them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭francois

Oxtails slow cooked in the oven for 4 hours with red wine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Oh a favourite in our house is campfire stew - piece of ham in the slow cooker with tomato, baked beans, onions and peppers and a few spices and herbs - lush

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Hayden Pennyfeather

Cajun salmon with roast sweet potato and butternut squash :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Pissarro

fillet steak - medium rare with green pesto, caramelized onion, roasted mushrooms, peas and mash and a bottle of merlot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭scheister

My favourite dish to cook is homemade lasagna nice simple and filling

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

Mac and cheese... just need to watch the waistline now..! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jen1950

My favourite dish to cook fillet steak with roast potatoes and asparagus!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

What's better than starting a Saturday morning with glazed bacon, scrambled eggs and a side of toast? Nothing!

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Buttynic wrote: »
    Moroccan lamb
    tink2 wrote: »
    I love eating Massaman Curry and would definitely visit Saba with these fab tickets!

Congratulations to Buttynic and to tink2 who have both won a pair of VIP passes to Taste of Dublin for Thursday night, 17.30-22.30.

I'm very hungry after reading all of those posts, some of those dishes sound amazing. You should get yourselves over to the Food forum to share your wisdom!

I'll PM the winners now, well done :)

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

EDIT: these tickets have now been allocated to scheister who PMd me first.

One of our competition winners can no longer make it tonight :(

The tickets are for tonight's session, it takes place from 5.30pm until 10.30pm in Iveagh Gardens, D2.

You don't have to be there at 5.30, you can turn up anytime during that period but the event will be over at 10.30pm.

We'll give these 2 VIP tickets for this evening to the first person to PM me and ask for them - you will have to be able to pick them up from our office in Dublin 2 today.

Thanks!

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement