Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

So how many people do you know so far that have got a vaccine?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

About 20 in Ireland alone.

7 are elderly family members.

6 are frontline health care workers.

7 (all under 50) are people with some association with HSE, for e.g.- one is a financial adviser for a doctor that works directly with the HSE. Some of these 7 people were the first people I knew to get it.

So about 33% of the people I know in Ireland that have received it wouldn't have been people you'd think were top of the list. Or at least I didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

None yet

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭FrankN1

A few over 70s

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Mother and her 2 sisters, all in their 80s, are fully vaccinated.
    Myself and my bother have had one dose - me in Ireland as I'm cohort 4, him in Switzerland. He was in Ireland since last year but as he's not normally resident here he had to return to Switzerland to get a vaccine as he's not on any list here. Not even sure if he has a ppns number tbh as he left in 1978.
    My partner's father is fully vaccinated, her mother has had one dose but both her brothers are fully vaccinated. One is a psychologist who works with children with disabilities and the other works for Pfizer.
    No-one is particularly impressed by the guy from Pfizer in his early 50s with no underlying conditions being fully vaccinated, and no - he's not a scientist.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,115 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

3 in their 40's
    5 under 20
    6 over 70

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

OH and myself got a call a from my GP at 2.30 today. Got offered a Pfizer jab. I nearly climbed down the phone for it. Got into town in 10 minutes was punctured and back home delighted and drinking tea at 3.30...

So thats 2 60+ in this house with 1st jab
    2 70+ neighbours
    1 immunocompromised 33 y.o. neighbour
    1 immunocompromised 66 y.o. sibling

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    No-one is particularly impressed by the guy from Pfizer in his early 50s with no underlying conditions being fully vaccinated, and no - he's not a scientist.

Why wouldn't he be vaccinated?

Do you want to risk the supply chain crashing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Why wouldn't he be vaccinated?

Do you want to risk the supply chain crashing?

Exactly, I know a number of people working for Pfizer and all have been vaccinated in fact the whole factory got done. All Pfizer workers in Ireland have been done and rightfully so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Bannasidhe wrote: »

To my knowledge the scientists at pfizer haven't been vaccinated as they are all working from home. Pfizer have vaccinated their 4,000 manufacturing line workers and I think the associated subcontractors, essentially the guys who if they didn't show up to they're place of work then the work wouldn't get done

Advertisement