Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Grey tracksuit bottoms

• 27-02-2021 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭

What is it with them?? As usual most of the trouble makers arrested and stopped today were wearing them.

Are they the cheapest? Or is it just a way for them to know each other?

Comments

The have to have cuffs so the sit 2 inches above the shiny black runners also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

What % of the attendees were wearing cheap black North Face jackets?

I'm in a nice pair now, grey, with cuffs.
    Penguin though.... I'm a sophisticated type :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Probably brought them home from Jail.

Grey 'fleecy' tracksuit is the standard attire given to prison committals these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Don’t forget the socks tucked into the bottom of the tracksuit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

Work clothes, you gotta be quick when you snatch a bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭statto25

Also must have room in the waist for one if not both hands

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I wear them. Good for when you want to have clothes on the lower half of your body

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Have to admit. Girlfriend got me a pair recently and they are just very comfy and easy to slip on quickly. Bit scummy depending on what shoes you’re wearing but feck it - comfort first.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,276 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

What would people make of grey tracksuit bottoms tucked into socks, but the socks are thigh-highs? Asking for a friend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I have a pair for lounging around the house.
    I wouldn't wear them around in public - way too scummy looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Could they all be on the way home from the gym?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

I love wearing them. They really accentuate my bulge.

kowloon wrote: »
    What would people make of grey tracksuit bottoms tucked into socks, but the socks are thigh-highs? Asking for a friend.

With or without a walking stick?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

They are for catching jobbies, hence they are call ed jobbiecatchers where I come from.

The same gyms that are all currently closed due to level 5 lockdown? Those gyms?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Fine for “around the house” but they’re useless if you want to go out anywhere with wallet, phone and keys.

Also, for those of us packing “heat” they can be a bit showy. Things tend to swing a bit if you’re not strapped down in tight boxers or y-fronts.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭berocca2016

They see themselves as "sans-culottes" when in reality they're just entitled assholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Steve012

Your Face wrote: »
    I have a pair for lounging around the house.
    I wouldn't wear them around in public - way too scummy looking.

Feck what other people think... its 2021 No one gives a flying F

• Registered Users Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Why is it only really Ireland and UK where people wear tracksuits?
    If everyone could just do us all a favour and not wear them outside please. For me it's the equivalent of women going around in their pyjamas. I mean make just a few seconds effort and put some grown up clothes on, Jesus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,848 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

What is it with them?? As usual most of the trouble makers arrested and stopped today were wearing them.

How do you know this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Tracksuit bottoms.....
    Evening wear for Skangers :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Thread reminds me what my best mate said to me once.
    He works with a woman who grew up in the flats and she told him the amount of "all for show" is insane.

You'd see people from the flats with trainers that cost over a hundred euro and the latest addias tracksuits but the same sort would be absolute broke. All image.

Also went on to say that when she was a kid playing with her friends shed hear her ma shout over the balcony "OLIVIA YOUR CHICKEN DINNER IS READY!" then she'd run in to see beans on toast. Says they all did it. All for show. So the neighbours would think they were better than what they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

I love them on men.

They leave nothing to the imagination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Steve012 wrote: »
    Feck what other people think... its 2021 No one gives a flying F

Lol, ok Blindboy.

He works with a woman who grew up in the flats and she told him the amount of "all for show" is insane.

You'd see people from the flats with trainers that cost over a hundred euro and the latest addias tracksuits but the same sort would be absolute broke. All image.

Also went on to say that when she was a kid playing with her friends shed hear her ma shout over the balcony "OLIVIA YOUR CHICKEN DINNER IS READY!" then she'd run in to see beans on toast. Says they all did it. All for show. So the neighbours would think they were better than what they were.

Nothing wrong with beans on toast. Snobby feckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,349 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Why is it only really Ireland and UK where people wear tracksuits?
    If everyone could just do us all a favour and not wear them outside please. For me it's the equivalent of women going around in their pyjamas. I mean make just a few seconds effort and put some grown up clothes on, Jesus.
    Not just an Irish UK phenomenon, by a long way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

That would require motivation and dedication.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

I love them on men.

They leave nothing to the imagination.

what if your a grower not a shower :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,848 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

The world over.

Advertisement