Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Noah Donohoe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

poor young fella, RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

TBH, if I seen a 14 year old walking/cycling down the street naked I'd think it was some sort of prank so would not report it.

So many circumstances and questions to this case. Why was he naked? If it was foul play, why was he walking/cycling naked? Why was he there in the first place?

The biggest question of all, why did it take the PSNI one whole week to find him considering he was found where he was last seen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Lundstram wrote: »
    TBH, if I seen a 14 year old walking/cycling down the street naked I'd think it was some sort of prank so would not report it.

So many circumstances and questions to this case. Why was he naked? If it was foul play, why was he walking/cycling naked? Why was he there in the first place?

The biggest question of all, why did it take the PSNI one whole week to find him considering he was found where he was last seen?
    RTE are reporting he was found in a storm drain and that wasn't accessible earlier in the week due to high tides

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Feets

joe40 wrote: »
    I really hope this turns out to be a tragic accident with no foul play. That still seems to be the message from PSNI but I presume autopsy will shed more light.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0627/1149995-noah-donohoe-missing/

from what I gather from local up there, his body was found in a storm drain that had already been searched. I am now thinking his death wasn't a tragic accident. I think if an area had been searched and then a body shows up, it may mean he was dumped there very recently . RIP Noah Donohue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Feets wrote: »
    from what I gather from local up there, his body was found in a storm drain that had already been searched. I am now thinking his death wasn't a tragic accident. I think if an area had been searched and then a body shows up, it may mean he was dumped there very recently . RIP Noah Donohue.

It does look really suspect, to be missing for so long and now found close to where he went missing.

I'm just hoping, for the parents sake it wasn't foul play. Hopefully the circumstances will become clearer. If the police suspect foul play surely they would be launching murder investigation by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,562 ✭✭✭✭walshb

As bizarre a case as it is, foul play being ruled out for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Acquired brain caused hyperthermia and the intense need to cool down. Paradoxical undressing followed.

Entered water to cool down even further, unfortunately swept into storm drain, came to rest in a area unable to be searched previously in the week due to tides.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

RIP. Poor lad. Sympathy to his heartbroken family and friends.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mod

Antgal unless you have a reputable source for that claim please do not post it in here, that goes for everyone else as well, thanks. Do not respond to this post.

Thread re-opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

RiP young man, my condolance to the family ye must be going through hell take care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Such a sad story.
    May he rip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

May he rest in peace; such a sad story.

Also to those who have absolutely zero evidence of any foul play to constantly harp on about it: you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Billdenop wrote: »
    I knew from where he went missing that he may have fallen victim to sectarian pondscum. And SF are the bad guys? RIP.
    Bunch of fcuking animals.

He only a kid,what hope have we,if the next generation is carrying on killings aswel
    Its clearer and clearer its sectarian to me

How many bonfires on the 11th will this young lads effigy appear on???,and still people will claim it not to be sectarian...nothing is ever gonna change there,

why bother with pretense of peace/normailty anymore
    antgal23 wrote: »
    Too many southerners with their heads in the sand

Not one idea to they have of the North

It's essentially a lynching
    To think that there are still no go areas in Belfast like this for young Irish catholic people to put up with.
    It's a sickner, I'll never set foot in that hell hole of a city again.
    God help his poor mother.
    If you think,what i have said isnt going to happen,you are incredibly naive

They gonna be gloating and singing.about this by tonight in parks and graffetting walls all over belfast, and yous tell me to have respect

Last week they were screaming abuse at kids for playing hurling,Nothing ever changes if people continuelly turn blind eye to this

WTF are you all smoking- hang your heads in shame you dimwits and take your brains back out of your arses and stop believing everything you read on twitter

“No foul play is suspected.”

RIP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 Walnut Salad

RIP to the poor lad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Lemsiper wrote: »
    Acquired brain caused hyperthermia and the intense need to cool down. Paradoxical undressing followed.

Entered water to cool down even further, unfortunately swept into storm drain, came to rest in a area unable to be searched previously in the week due to tides.

Sounds about right. Although there'll be a few who will claim it was a unionist paramilitary path he hit his head on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Lemsiper wrote: »

This is so sad. It's reading like a very unfortunate sequence of events. Poor little fella. RIP.

Thoughts are with his family and the people who spotted him also.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

https://twitter.com/vincekearney/status/1276928934425161728?s=20

Edit ..people quoting these rumours and lies are fueling the flames.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

They gonna be gloating and singing.about this by tonight in parks and graffetting walls all over belfast, and yous tell me to have respect

If you're so sure about that can you go get any picture or video evidence for it... or let police know where it's happening?

Can people not hold off on speculation at least until a post-mortem is carried out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

RIP young Noah.

What a cruel world we live in. My heart goes out to his family, especially his poor mother.

As for the rumours. They are rubbing salt in the wounds. There has been a lot of sectarian tension bubbling in North Belfast over the past month which has probably fuelled the rumours.

I don’t however think there will be any gloating or celebrating over this. Worth remembering the sicko arrested/charged on suspicion of improper use of public electronic communications network is from “our” side of the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,833 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭The_Fitz

Still no word on the Post Mortem. Funeral is tomorrow.

Being from North Belfast and Noah attending my old school it's been on my mind a lot.

Think it's been disgraceful the speculation that has arisen on social media about this. Some people have got themselves so excited that they want this to be a sectarian murder. Obviously people who have no idea on the consequences of that happening. North Belfast is the most divided area in the north, it doesn't need more speculation.

Can't get his mother out of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,198 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Didn't see the thread about this.
    that poor lad, whole life ahead of him. Doubt his family would get over this, every parents worst nightmare. Hope neighbour's and friends hold them close.

RIP

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,441 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I'm curious as to why do you say no media coverage?

I just watched UTV news report on an appeal by Michelle O'Neill for anyone with any information on this to come forward.

Given this tragedy occured in Belfast, an appeal for info on the most widely watched news show in NI is surely the most appropriate channel of appeal?

Michelle O'Neill has it as a pinned tweet and it is subject to a fairly broad social media push on top of that.
    The inquest is in January afaik and there is ongoing appeals for info.
    The actions of the PSNI here need to be assessed and accounted for, and a full accounting of Noah's end needs to be formulated to give his mam some certainty as to what happened.

But, demonizing the media for a lack of coverage?
    Seems odd, when it's quite widespread.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

whats the allegation here, was it something about him being killed by a loyalist who then committed suicide a few days later?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Muahahaha wrote: »
    whats the allegation here, was it something about him being killed by a loyalist who then committed suicide a few days later?
    There’s allegations of such. I am not sure the two events are linked, they may well be. There was a young boy of a similar age attacked, beaten and robbed in the same area about a month before, grown men involved.

It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that Noah suffered a similar fate, then again the lack of witnesses and the bizarre sightings leave huge question marks over his final known movements. How he ended up in a storm drain is the most baffling and there is a chance he was lured there, however that is just me speculating.

The behaviour of some of the residents whose gardens back onto the storm drain has also been raised. What is disheartening about the police investigation is the fact they lied about doing a leaflet drop when they did no such thing. It’s such a sad tragedy and his family deserve some form of closure.

this young lads mother is on morning ireland tomorrow to talk out on this

I hope the truth will come out soon.....no evidence exists,that kid knew of the existance,or location of enterece to that storm drain

WTF are you all smoking- hang your heads in shame you dimwits and take your brains back out of your arses and stop believing everything you read on twitter

“No foul play is suspected.”

RIP

No foul play

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/noah-donohoes-family-appeal-photograph-23484415.amp

Psni lied to calm sectarian tensions at height of marching season imo......no sign of head injury
    https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1155337/

• Registered Users Posts: 84,833 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Advertisement