Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Feedback On My Blog

Options
  • 14-11-2009 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Recently, I've started a blog about saving money - not like a finance blog - more so hacks and tips for younger people (16-30) to save money in weird yet everyday ways.

I was hoping the boards.ie bloggers could maybe give me some feedback. The address is www.artofstinginess.com

Let me know what you think.;)

Thanks,
    Dean.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Hi Dean,

It looks like a fine blog, and it's very similar in tone to iwillteachyoutoberich.com, so you'll have to work to develop your own voice.

A general comment though - my feeling of web 2.0 is that it's one of generosity of content. The people who are generous with their information garner interest and loyalty and then succeed based on this generosity.

Have a look back at all your posts on boards so far - I'd say half of them aren't contributing anything other than pimping one of your blogs. Why would anyone volunteer their time to critique your blog if you're not volunteering the same amount of time to contribute to the community here?

Good luck with the blog(s), you seem industrious and taleneted for a 17yo, but lay off on the pimping. Post information & help in generosity here and you'll get a reputation as an expert and people will naturally seek out your blog.
    Once you have a good few readers who believe in you they'll start commenting on articles and you'll get specific feedback on your content.

SEO and look-and-feel are completely seperate topics that you may get help with in the technology forums of boards.

Advertisement