Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C+H Sports Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

England won hurrah for that.

Wigan just edged passed Cas 29-26 in a brilliant game of Rugby League, really puts Union to shame these days but oh well no one seems to think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Cork bate tyrone in the football!
    Woo-pe-dee-doo :D..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Cork bate tyrone in the football!
    Woo-pe-dee-doo :D..

You're supposed to be asleep :eek:

You're supposed to be asleep :eek:

Hehehehehehehehehehehe...
    Im "supposed" to be asleep but im not :D.

Now if only clare can beat kilkenny in the u21s, ill be a happy girl..

Can you tell your friends to leave me alone? I'm scared :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Performance of the weekend goes to Michael Chopra for this goal celebration alone.

Can you tell your friends to leave me alone? I'm scared :D

LOL! Sorry :P cant do anything about it.. Block them sure. Maybe they're playing fire with fire. You scared them earlier now they scare you!

Soccer...*yawn*. I was forced by my cousin to write on my boards profile that i think chelsea will win the league. Does that have any significance? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Did us a bit of a favour there. We were busy losing to Rovers in the cup. Hasn't been a good week or so for UCD.

Wow someone supports UCD in the LOI.

unknown13 wrote: »
    Wow someone supports UCD in the LOI.

I know :D not many of us around

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I know :D not many of us around

Last time, I was in that old dump of a ground there was only about 20 UCD fans and about 250 and that was against your neighbours up the road who are currently in the premier division and still in the cup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

So Limerick are so poor that you've transferred your allegiance to Clare. What has the world come to.:p

So Limerick are so poor that you've transferred your allegiance to Clare. What has the world come to.:p

ah no! Limerick have been knocked out of everything so i might as well support clare (the county that gives me food, water etc) in the u21s as i need something to keep my spirits up after the tipp-limerick match :(.

And i know a guy on the u21 team :P.. So dont go pointing fingers!

unknown13 wrote: »
    Last time, I was in that old dump of a ground there was only about 20 UCD fans and about 250 and that was against your neighbours up the road who are currently in the premier division and still in the cup

Yeh our support is pretty cack I'll admit.

The new ground is pretty snazzy though. Have you been?

Champions League group stage draw was made a while ago.

A
    Bayern Munich
    Juventus
    Bordeaux
    Maccabi Haifa FC

B
    Manchester United
    CSKA Moscow
    Besiktas
    Wolfsburg

C
    AC Milan
    Real Madrid
    Marseille
    FC Zurich

D
    Chelsea
    FC Porto
    Athletico Madrid
    Apoel FC

E
    Liverpool
    Lyon
    Fiorentina
    Debreceni

F
    Barcelona
    Inter Milan
    Dynamo Kiev
    Rubin Kazan

G
    Sevilla
    Rangers
    VFB Stuttgart
    Unirea Urziceni

H
    Arsenal
    AZ Alkmaar
    Olympiacos
    Standard Liege

Group G is shockingly bad. Some tough travelling ahead for United, though Wolfsburg would be a nice trip. Disappointed we didn't draw the Circus though. OT would have been rocking. Oh well, we'll just have to knock them out at a later stage then ;)

Handy groups for Arsenal and Chelsea, Liverpool's is fairly tough. Once again though, the usual suspects will come through I expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,015 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Chelsea have a fairly tough group. Atletico are a good team, even removing my FM bias support of them:D

Group G will be horrendous. I'd love to be a fan of any team in Group C, the travelling would be lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Warrington beat Huddersfield in the Challenge Cup final, some match but my god the Giants played suicide rugby.

United beat Arsenal 2-1 thanks to Abou Diaby.

We were rubbish today. Evra, Fletcher and Rooney the only ones to come out of today with some credit. Wonder will Eboue be given a retrospective ban now for his dive? :rolleyes:

Wenger is a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fince

And you'll notice all bar this one have reached at least 5 pages too. So there's no shortage of quality threads made by me either. :pac:

Having said that, this one seems to be dying a slow death. Someone discuss some sports quick!

Premier League starts this weekend. Any one want to throw their predictions out there?

Chelsea v Hull City
    Aston Villa v Wigan
    Blackburn v Man City
    Bolton v Sunderland
    Portsmouth v Fulham
    Stoke City v Burnley
    Wolves v West Ham
    Everton v Arsenal
    Man Utd v Birmingham
    Tottenham v Liverpool

I think Liverpool will really struggle without Alonso. At least for the first 6 weeks anyway.

prophet bob
    (ha ha, i keep thinking of rowan atkinson in blackadder when i hear someone say bob. bob. bob. ha ha)

A week to go and I'm already looking forward to the big one.

Also, Leeds, what a start!

Cyprus v Ireland tomorrow night. HUGE game. We just want any sort of a win, to keep Bulgaria off of our backs for good. I fancy Montenegro to get something in Sofia tomorrow.

This is how the group looks atm:

Team MP W D L GF GA Pts
    Italy 6 4 2 0 9 3 14
    Ireland7 3 4 0 8 5 13
    Bulgaria 6 1 5 0 6 4 8
    Cyprus 6 1 2 3 6 9 5
    Mont. 6 0 4 2 5 8 4
    Georgia 7 0 3 4 4 9 3

All things going well tomorrow, we could have the play-off spot all but secured.

I fancy us to get the win, we've looked impressive in all of our away games so far, it's at home we've struggled to be honest. Having said that, I'll take a scrappy 1-0 every time.

• Advertisement

Cyprus v Ireland tomorrow night. HUGE game. We just want any sort of a win, to keep Bulgaria off of our backs for good. I fancy Montenegro to get something in Sofia tomorrow.

This is how the group looks atm:

Team MP W D L GF GA Pts
    Italy 6 4 2 0 9 3 14
    Ireland7 3 4 0 8 5 13
    Bulgaria 6 1 5 0 6 4 8
    Cyprus 6 1 2 3 6 9 5
    Mont. 6 0 4 2 5 8 4
    Georgia 7 0 3 4 4 9 3

All things going well tomorrow, we could have the play-off spot all but secured.

I fancy us to get the win, we've looked impressive in all of our away games so far, it's at home we've struggled to be honest. Having said that, I'll take a scrappy 1-0 every time.

Well, we got the win, but it wasn't as convincing as I'd have hoped. But as I said, I just wanted the win.

The group now looks like this:

Team P W D L F/A Pts
    1 Italy 7 5 2 0 11 / 3 17
    2 Ireland 8 4 4 0 10 / 6 16
    3 Bulgaria 7 2 5 0 10 / 5 11
    4 Cyprus 7 1 2 4 7 / 11 5
    5 Montenegro 7 0 4 3 6 / 12 4
    6 Georgia 8 0 3 5 4 / 11 3

Bulgaria get something against Italy on Wednesday, and top spot is well in our own hands. :cool:

United v City tomorrow.

Undoubtedly the biggest match of the season so far.

I really hope Tevez plays, hope he goes deaf from the boos. That's all I'm saying about him here, or else I'll get banned :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Harps were on the receiving end of a 5-0 drubbing, really hope UCD go up since they're a really good passing side with the necessary physical attributes.

Leeds v Liverpool coming on in a few minutes.

Never thought I'd say this.........but......

C'MON LEEDS!!!

(I feel dirty now) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Should that goal have been disallowed? This Cavilieri lad in goals for Liverpool looks dodgy to me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Was definitely a goal. Very entertaining first half anyway! :)

Boooooooooo to Leeds losing...although they did play well at least. On for MK Dons now on Saturday:D

More trials for gaelic tonight...pity my knee is destroyed from mondays session(not the drinking kind), so tough to walk, let alone run. Stupid all-weather pitch.

Play-off draw for Ireland on tomorrow at 1pm.

Seeded teams:
    France
    Greece
    Portugal
    Russia

Unseeded teams:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Ireland
    Slovenia
    Ukraine

With a bit of luck, we'll draw Greece.

We could take France over two legs at a push, purely because Domenech is possibly the worst manager in living memory (though Maradona is doing his best to take that title) and it's a mystery how he's still in a job at all, nevermind the France job. Benzema has been poor so far this season, and Henry isn't the player he was when we played them in 05, although he's obviously still capable of the odd moment of magic.

While Portugal are an average enough team minus Ronaldo, the pure necessity to use 2 or 3 players to mark him out of the game is going to leave gaps for the rest to exploit. They're on a good run of form too. Could possibly go to extra-time if we're lucky.

Russia should be the team we look to avoid most. The tactical knowledge and prowess of Hiddink is a daunting enough prospect to take on, without even taking into account the quality at his disposal. Arshavin, Zhirkov, and Pogrebnyak could quite possibly tear us to shreds at will.

I'll admit I don't know a great deal about Greece, but they finished 2nd in the weakest group of the 9, a point behind Switzerland (who lost to Luxembourg in qualifying), and only 3 ahead of Latvia.

Either way, I'm delighted we're at this stage, and no matter who we play, I'll be watching from behind the sofa with the nerves. I was only 8 for the 2002 WC, and I loved it. Major tournaments are so much more magical when we're there ;)

So it's France then.

Bring on the Cheese-eating surrender monkeys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Of all the teams :( ah well we'll just have to wait and see how it goes

Advertisement