Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mikrotik ltab mini lte

• 26-02-2021 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hello,

i have a mikrotik ltab mini that I was hoping to use to tie together a tablet and various other monitors in tractor cab to the internet. The router had a few issues initially and I sorted them.
    I put in a vodafone mobile BB sim and set up the apn etc and its registered, pin is sorted and has full functionality but internet is still limited.
    I tried a Virgin media sim too and it was the same.
    There are small packets in and out ok.
    I have tried the sim in a vodafone router and it is fine.
    The guys that sold me the router who also make a few of the devices I want join in the cab say the router looks to have full functionality and that the problem is the network provider.

has anyone successfully gotten a vodafone MBB sim to work in one? is it actually a thing? or are they just incompatible.

thanks

tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Irishmale

I got a 3 mobile bb sim there and it seems to be fine. The router is not registering that its receiving any signal but it's working at the minute.
    I think it's the PAP authentication that vodafone then leaves blank that it doesnt like.
    3 mobile dont use PAP.

Irishmale wrote: »
    Hello,

i have a mikrotik ltab mini that I was hoping to use to tie together a tablet and various other monitors in tractor cab to the internet. The router had a few issues initially and I sorted them.
    I put in a vodafone mobile BB sim and set up the apn etc and its registered, pin is sorted and has full functionality but internet is still limited.
    I tried a Virgin media sim too and it was the same.
    There are small packets in and out ok.
    I have tried the sim in a vodafone router and it is fine.
    The guys that sold me the router who also make a few of the devices I want join in the cab say the router looks to have full functionality and that the problem is the network provider.

has anyone successfully gotten a vodafone MBB sim to work in one? is it actually a thing? or are they just incompatible.

thanks

tom

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

3 sims seem to work with the default APN settings, for Vodafone you have to have the correct APN in there, different depending on if broadband sim or regular phone sim.
    I know you said you put in the APN, but was it defiantly the right one?
    for broadband sim: hs.vodafone.ie
    for regular sim: live.vodafone.com

Advertisement