Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Yolo app

• 19-12-2020 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭

Hello All,

We have a cyber bullying case in the house. I allowed my daughter download yolo on snapchat. Naive by me as I didn't really understand it. We now have a situation where somebody in her contacts has been online bullying her on the app but its anonymous. I would like to be able to find out who so I can approach her school with this info.
    Can anyone help me with how to reveal usernames on the app?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I had to google it.
    The app is supposed to be anonymous so I doubt there is anything to find.

https://www.mcafee.com/blogs/consumer/family-safety/yolo-what-parents-need-to-know-about-the-anonymity-app-kids-use-with-snapchat/
    The exact reasons kids love YOLO — anonymity, curiosity, honesty — are why the app could (and by some reports already has) turn into the latest breeding ground for bullying. Similar to anonymous apps preceding YOLO such as Yik Yak and Saraha, users can say whatever they want without attaching their name. Apple and Google stores have banned similar anonymous apps over accusations of hate speech and bullying.

It has a "What parents can do" section.

Advertisement