The usual questions and a bonus ...
1. IMT for five locations (Claremorris, Mullingar, Casement, Oak Park, Shannon) ... the 1981-2010 normal value is 6.8 C.
2. MAX for all 25 locations that report daily weather data on met.ie website.
3. MIN for all 25 locations also.
4. PRC for 11 locations (the five listed in (1) above plus Malin Head, Ballyhaise, Belmullet, Johnstown Castle, Cork, Valentia) given as a percentage of normal.
5. SUN for 6 locations (Casement, Dublin, Belmullet, Shannon, Cork, Valentia) given as a percentage of normal.
6. BONUS _ On the 17th, what will be the highest temperature at any of the 25 locations and which location will record it? (7/10 points for temperature and 3/10 for location, superbonus of 2 or 1 available for 7+3 (2 pts added) or either 6+3, 7+2 (1 pt added). Location points, three only for right location or if nobody has that, closest location, and two for either of the two locations in 2nd and 3rd place for temperature, 1 point for location if in the right province (Malin Head would be included with the Connacht stations for this determination). Temperature points strictly rank order, equal numbers sharing eight score levels from 7 down to 0 (0 will get the fractional share if that is necessary). Ties will jog the numbers sharing to keep pace.
Good luck ... we haven't reviewed the late penalty for a while, my recollection being that it was to be 1 point deducted for each 3 hours late (including portions after a reasonable interval) with the deadline being 0300h of the 1st of the month (Friday, 1st March in this case). I intend to change this slightly to become 1 point per four hours late to 15z of 2nd then it would increase to one point per hour after that. Reason for reducing this slightly is that we are taking off points and not percentages which is the standard on another contest, so as a good score is 75, this will be an equal penalty in either case (3/4 as harsh on time for the 4/3 as punitive points vs %). Anyway, don't be late, problem eliminated altogether.
Normal _____ 6.8 __ 17.5 _ -5.0 _ 100 _ 100 ___ 13.0 (location pts by climate)
MTC ________7.2 __ 18.0 _ -4.5 _ 090 _ 115 ___ 14.5 Gurteen