Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-09-2019, 09:18   #16
Little snowy old me

I'm hearing that the remnants of Dorian may hit Ireland late next weekend / early following week ... As a powerful ex tropical low.
Advertisement
02-09-2019, 09:24   #17
pad199207

Not a bad start. Cool though
02-09-2019, 09:29   #18
Meteorite58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little snowy old me View Post
I'm hearing that the remnants of Dorian may hit Ireland late next weekend / early following week ... As a powerful ex tropical low.
Nothing in the charts to give any indication of that.
02-09-2019, 09:45   #19
Tim76

What are peoples opinions on the best weather app/site out there?

I'm using Met Eireann and YR.NK but but seem to be getting it wrong a lot lately. Granted the weather in the west of the country can be fairly unpredictable at times.
02-09-2019, 10:47   #20
Billcarson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sryanbruen View Post
No research done for Autumn 2019 but I’ll put in a safe bet prediction (as always for fun) that it’ll be a relatively mild autumn like every other these days with a lean towards a wetter than average season particularly later on.
Your probably right as it seems to the same thing most yrs nowadays. Last autumn though did feel more seasonal for the most part, I really liked last Sept and oct Had some frosts in both months and 2 airfrosts in Oct. Sadly last nov the autumn of nowadays returned to type which then led on to a very poor winter.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
02-09-2019, 10:50   #21
JCX BXC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim76 View Post
What are peoples opinions on the best weather app/site out there?

I'm using Met Eireann and YR.NK but but seem to be getting it wrong a lot lately. Granted the weather in the west of the country can be fairly unpredictable at times.
Any app that gives you a set time on rainfall is inaccurate, very hard to forecast showers.

Text-based forecasts are the only go-to for accurate forecasting IMO.
(2) thanks from:
02-09-2019, 11:39   #22
sryanbruen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billcarson View Post
Your probably right as it seems to the same thing most yrs nowadays. Last autumn though did feel more seasonal for the most part, I really liked last Sept and oct Had some frosts in both months and 2 airfrosts in Oct. Sadly last nov the autumn of nowadays returned to type which then led on to a very poor winter.
Last September and October were very much ideal to me. September started off relatively warm but not ridiculous like 2016 then became much cooler with an unsettled spell mid-month to keep us on our toes followed by a very settled end with cold nights. October started off relatively warm with 20c on the 10th standing out but then became very cold towards the end with a severe frost on the 30th. Best October I have seen honestly. As you say, felt seasonable which was a nice change on previous autumns (although Nov 2016 was very good and Nov 2017 was nice too).
(3) thanks from:
02-09-2019, 12:42   #23
Tim76

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCX BXC View Post
Any app that gives you a set time on rainfall is inaccurate, very hard to forecast showers.

Text-based forecasts are the only go-to for accurate forecasting IMO.
Thanks for the feedback.

Where can i find Text-based forecasts?
02-09-2019, 12:46   #24
JCX BXC

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback.

Where can i find Text-based forecasts?
Met Eireann
Advertisement
02-09-2019, 12:59   #25
Tim76

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCX BXC View Post
Met Eireann
If we are relying on the vague descriptions that they give for both national & regional forecasts then we are in trouble!
02-09-2019, 13:01   #26
JCX BXC

Quote:
If we are relying on the vague descriptions that they give for both national & regional forecasts then we are in trouble!
How could it be improved in your opinion, what information is missing?
Thanks from:
02-09-2019, 13:09   #27
Oscar Bravo

Quote:
How is 3 paragraphs vague? How would you change it?

Early this afternoon, rain will spread eastwards over the northern half of Ireland. It will be drier further south with some bright spells and a few showers. This evening will become drier and brighter in most areas, but rain and drizzle will continue in the north. Highest temperatures of 14 to 18 degrees with freshening southwest breezes.

Tonight

Tonight will be dry over much of the country. However, rain and drizzle will continue in the north and later in the night, rain and drizzle will develop in west Munster, Connacht and west Ulster. Lowest temperatures of 11 to 14 degrees with moderate southwest winds.

Tomorrow

Tuesday morning will be mainly dry in the east and south. It will be duller to the west and north with rain and drizzle, which will spread across the country in the afternoon and early evening. It will brighten up in the west in the evening. Mild with highest temperatures of 16 to 20 degrees and moderate to fresh westerly winds.
02-09-2019, 14:10   #28
Mobhi1

I always wonder is north Dublin classified as being in the northern half of Ireland but it must be for this forecast as we've had 2.0mm of rain in the last hour and it's still raining. It's 14.6C now. There was a high of 16.4C before the rain.
02-09-2019, 14:22   #29
Gonzo

Send a message via MSN to Gonzo
horrible day here at Dunshaughlin, Moderate rainfall since 11am.
02-09-2019, 14:24   #30
Rock Lesnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
horrible day here at Dunshaughlin, Moderate rainfall since 11am.
Same here, cleared now, cloudy and very breezy

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion