Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tullamore Harriers Social Club

• 03-01-2009 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

To all of you over 25, how would feel about the Harriers holding revisiting nights on Friday nights once a month? This would include a band and a disco or something along those lines. Another option would be to have adult dancing on a Friday or Sunday night. Would you consider attending this? Any suggestions would be welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

that sounds like fun!!! :D:D

Something different too......:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Scawgeen

Do you mean a Country and Irish night like they have in the Well in Moate or The Hazel in Monsterevin ? This scene seems to be making a comeback, some people of my aquaintance go dancing four nights a week to as far away as Cork. If Declan Nerney is there opening night I'll dig out my dancing shoes ;) Sounds like fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Scawgeen wrote: »
    Do you mean a Country and Irish night like they have in the Well in Moate or The Hazel in Monsterevin ? This scene seems to be making a comeback, .

Really, I can't see what's so appealing about Declan N:confused: Why do so many people love him?

It could be too expensive to run the events with a band and a dj and a late bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Scawgeen

sunnyside wrote: »
    Really, I can't see what's so appealing about Declan N:confused: Why do so many people love him?

It could be too expensive to run the events with a band and a dj and a late bar.

Dunno why so many love him, he puts on a good show and people travel from all over ireland to see him so I'm told. I don't think a late bar is part of the dancing scene as some people have a long drive home afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 damob2000

if there was a big enough interest, the country and irish night would be a great way of using the big dance floor in the harriers. they were great nights back in the 80s.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Scawgeen wrote: »
    Dunno why so many love him, he puts on a good show and people travel from all over ireland to see him so I'm told.

I'm really curious about this dancing scene, do people go for the music and band or is it for the dancing/meeting people/dating opportunities? Over on the PI board people are always asking for advice on how to meet people and I think this dancing thing would be a great way but lots of people dismiss it instantly and laugh at Declan N and his type.

I saw his show once and it just didn't appeal to me but it was very good, just not my thing and I can't dance.

If you were to organise it are there enough popular bands to be able to attract a regular crowd? You say the venue is big so you'd need a big crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 redsky1

Great Idea as it was

Advertisement