Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How many shock / contact sensors per window

Options
  • 03-11-2019 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi
    Getting conflicting info from installers , wondering how many shock / contact do you need per window
    I've 2 window to the front of the house with 2 large opening on the side and small at the top?
    Would I need one shock / contact or 3 ?!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Can't comment on the question you asked but I'd look up the installers and see what kind of testimonials they are getting from other people, credibility and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Ropo wrote: »
    Hi
    Getting conflicting info from installers , wondering how many shock / contact do you need per window
    I've 2 window to the front of the house with 2 large opening on the side and small at the top?
    Would I need one shock / contact or 3 ?!

Thanks

Could.you post up a picture of them ?

If not, are they ' bay ' type windows where you have a big pane of glass in the middle with opening's on either side of it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ropo

Hopefully a pic below gas attached , not Bay I've 2 Windows similar at front of the house

quote="kub;111681244"]Could.you post up a picture of them ?

If not, are they ' bay ' type windows where you have a big pane of glass in the middle with opening's on either side of it ?[/quote]

Hopefully a pic below gas attached , not Bay I've 2 Windows similar at front of the house

If not, are they ' bay ' type windows where you have a big pane of glass in the middle with opening's on either side of it ?[/quote]

Thanks for the reply , I've 2 Window as like this to the front of the house

quote="Ropo;111681408"]Hopefully a pic below gas attached , not Bay I've 2 Windows similar at front of the house

If not, are they ' bay ' type windows where you have a big pane of glass in the middle with opening's on either side of it ?[/quote][/quote]

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I would have thought you need one on all windows/doors that can open so in your picture you would need 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Ropo wrote: »

If not, are they ' bay ' type windows where you have a big pane of glass in the middle with opening's on either side of it ?
    [/quote]

Great, ok. You need 1 Inertia Shock Sensor fitted somewhere towards the centre of the frame.
    This can be a Reed type shock which has an inbuilt contact as well.
    Obviously you will need 2 other contacts to cover the other 2 windows

Advertisement