Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BT Sports coverage of UFC

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

dulux99 wrote: »
    Still no word on Chromecast support? I really don't want to have to break out the laptop and HDMI cable FFS.

They have Chromecast support.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It’s staying with BT Sport for at least 2019.

Fantastic news! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭xtal191

Paully D wrote: »
    It’s staying with BT Sport for at least 2019.

Fantastic news! :)

That is good news, is it 100% confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

xtal191 wrote: »
    That is good news, is it 100% confirmed?

Seems to be the case.

https://twitter.com/clmmcrthy/status/1072890700977459202

Early Christmas present.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Praise the f*cking lord. Totally thrilled with that news. BT's coverage is actually really good in fairness. Hated the idea of having to mess around with laptops and chromecasts at 3am when I'm after 9 pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Any bt deals on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭shanec1928

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Any bt deals on?

By will be moving under sky sports from summer time onwards

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

shanec1928 wrote: »
    By will be moving under sky sports from summer time onwards

Only in the UK, in Ireland two separate subscriptions will still need to be paid.
    However, Irish subscribers of Sky will not have access to BT’s exclusive Champions League matches and Premier League matches, unlike their British viewing counterparts.

Spokeswomen for Sky and BT confirmed that the deal did not apply to Ireland, but did not elaborate why.

Sky chief executive Jeremy Darroch said the agreement would benefit its UK customers who would be able to watch all soccer matches from the Premier League, UEFA Champions League and Europa League with a single Sky TV subscriptio

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I like the football I get on Eleven, but they have completely failed to deliver on their pre-launch promises.

Every match was supposed to be on demand after it aired, but instead there was just highlights.

They promised the NBA and UFC, and have also failed on that front.

They'll be bust before the end of the season.

If only BT could get the NBA back from Sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

bt sports is free if you have eir fibre broadband

sc86 wrote: »
    bt sports is free if you have eir fibre broadband

Or if you know someone that has it ;)allegedly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Seems to be the case.

https://twitter.com/clmmcrthy/status/1072890700977459202

Early Christmas present.

best Christmas present ever

• Registered Users Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Jesus wept...i canceled the fooking thing on monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

dashoonage wrote: »
    Jesus wept...i canceled the fooking thing on monday.

lord why.... ufc 232 is on it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭bennyl10

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Only in the UK, in Ireland two separate subscriptions will still need to be paid.

The deal is coming under sky from next august afaik?
    They announced it after the English deal

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    lord why.... ufc 232 is on it

ill still get 232 :P im paid up until the 4th of Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

30 quid a month doesn't seem to be any deals at the moment for previous customers. They also said its not confirmed they will have it long term. Seems they are getting a good few calls from Ireland. I didn't sign up yet will wait a little while see if any change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

I have the BT sport app and went to cancel this last night as I only really watch UFC on it. The girl told me there was a penalty for cancelling the contract early and to wait a few months and it will work out cheaper.

Decided to do what she said then googled Eleven Sports UFC coverage only to see it was effectively scrapped. Funny the way things work out.

I read Eleven is on the brink of collapse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

bennyl10 wrote: »
    The deal is coming under sky from next august afaik?
    They announced it after the English deal

You will still need to pay extra for BT Sport though. All that's changing is BT will be gone the Eir Sport pack and Sky will be collecting the subscription payments for BT.

• Advertisement

lertsnim wrote: »
    You will still need to pay extra for BT Sport though. All that's changing is BT will be gone the Eir Sport pack and Sky will be collecting the subscription payments for BT.

Oh. I didn't know that. So it's not going to be free with eir broadband anymore? Balls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

lertsnim wrote: »

Any idea if that will be the case with Sky Sports on NowTV?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭weemcd

I was very close to ordering eleven sports for UFC. Good thing I'm a life long procrastinator.

BT officially announced the deal

Great news, bit sickened if it's no longer free with Eir Broadband but I'd still take it over Eleven.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

So there's no coverage of this weekends UFC ? What the hell is going on?

Burty330 wrote: »
    So there's no coverage of this weekends UFC ? What the hell is going on?

erm...this weekends events? 232 is the following weekend...nothing this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

dashoonage wrote: »
    erm...this weekends events? 232 is the following weekend...nothing this weekend.

My mistake , i forgot the King is returning next week. Thought it was this weekend for some reason

Burty330 wrote: »
    My mistake , i forgot the King is returning next week. Thought it was this weekend for some reason

it will be great to see Gus back all right :P

Advertisement