Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Prime £59 for a year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Dutchy

Pride and national identity.

Bar that, nothing of note Mr. Grealish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Dutchy wrote: »
    Pride and national identity.

Bar that, nothing of note Mr. Grealish.

Says Dutchy! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭rodders999

So when the agent told me -
    I can request that our developers change your Video Territory of Record to UK, but your current IP address is showing that you are in Ireland.
    Changing a setting from our side will not make any difference because we cannot change your IP address for you.

he was basically bull****ting me?

Switched over using chat.

Opening gambit...
    "I've just taken advantage of your amazon Prime offer, and upgraded my monthly subscription to the annual subscription. After doing so, I noticed my location is set to Ireland instead of UK. I'm based in Newtownabbey, Co. Antrim, BT364PE. Can you set my location to UK please?"

"Give me a moment to do that for you"

"That's done for you now. Is there anything else I can help you with today?"

"No thanks. Have a great day!"

End chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

torrevieja wrote: »
    so how do u do it just sign up for the month , cancel straight away and then buy the 59 after you cancel ?

No, the 59 applies to converting your monthly to yearly.

Sign up for trial. Then when it's active, take the 59 offer which requires you to convert to annual billing and it will tell you that your next annual bill is August at 59 and 79 every year thereafter.

You don't have to cancel anything.

Your welcome ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

Soarer wrote: »
    Switched over using chat.

Opening gambit...
    "I've just taken advantage of your amazon Prime offer, and upgraded my monthly subscription to the annual subscription. After doing so, I noticed my location is set to Ireland instead of UK. I'm based in Newtownabbey, Co. Antrim, BT364PE. Can you set my location to UK please?"

Thanks for the script, Soarer. I copied and pasted this to get mine changed!

Rega wrote: »

I just tried the same thing. Was told they needed to ring me as it is an “Ireland related issue”.

Man I’m cursed. Second attempt failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

rodders999 wrote: »
    I just tried the same thing. Was told they needed to ring me as it is an “Ireland related issue”.

Man I’m cursed. Second attempt failed.

The first guy I was onto hadn't a clue what I was requesting. After I pasted Soarer's piece I told him my amazon prime video wasn't working. He transferred me to someone else who asked me to confirm my location. I told him that I'm on holidays in Spain (I am) but my home address is Newtownabbey, Co Antrim. He changed it then, straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Dunno if this is any help - I never had Prime before and my original address was Ireland.
    I signed up to Prime using Revolut card and my Parcel Motel address (NI).

Logged in and checked Lego Batman/Fleabag/The 100 and they are all available. I think the region was set automatically to UK by the address I chose at signup.

The first guy I got on to was able to tell me that I’m getting all my deliveries to the republic so I can’t change the location.

They seem to be way more thorough with me than everyone else on here for some reason!

I wouldn’t win an argument.

• Advertisement

Do you have Parcel Motel registered as an address?

Maybe do that, set it as your default address, and then try again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭ALS

Same here ... no issues , thanks
    Rega wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Is the yearly sub taken in lump sum or monthly payments?

Do you have Parcel Motel registered as an address?

Maybe do that, set it as your default address, and then try again?

Yes, Parcel Wizard address. It’s in my wife’s name, maybe that has something to do with it.

I set my default to that and contacted them the other night m. They replied saying -

“I can see that you have already set your country of residence to UK the reason you still cannot access the full UK catalogue of prime video content is because your video territory of record and current location are still set to Ireland”

Here is the thing I can request that our developers change your video territory of record to UK, but your current IP address is showing that you are in Ireland. Changing a setting from our side will not make any difference because we cannot change your IP address for you.

Based on your recent purchases it looks like you are still residing in Ireland if this is the case then there is no way to bypass the system and access to full UK prime video catalogue”.

It’s like dealing with the KGB!

muffler wrote: »
    Is the yearly sub taken in lump sum or monthly payments?

Lump sum in a couple of days. Doesn't even happen instantly.

Well it didn't for me anyway. Maybe that's because I'm monthly already?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Well it didn't for me anyway. Maybe that's because I'm monthly already?

Yes. You'll get charged 59 at renewal date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

rodders999 wrote: »
    Yes, Parcel Wizard address. It’s in my wife’s name, maybe that has something to do with it.

I set my default to that and contacted them the other night m. They replied saying -

“I can see that you have already set your country of residence to UK the reason you still cannot access the full UK catalogue of prime video content is because your video territory of record and current location are still set to Ireland”

Here is the thing I can request that our developers change your video territory of record to UK, but your current IP address is showing that you are in Ireland. Changing a setting from our side will not make any difference because we cannot change your IP address for you.

Based on your recent purchases it looks like you are still residing in Ireland if this is the case then there is no way to bypass the system and access to full UK prime video catalogue”.

It’s like dealing with the KGB!

I sent a quick email via the app giving my PM address and within an hour I was on the UK region. Seems to be the easiest way.

Are you sure? Wouldn't make much sense for them to take the full amount while saying you can cancel any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Are you sure? Wouldn't make much sense for them to take the full amount while saying you can cancel any time.

Yes they take it as a lump sum and refund pro rata if you cancel. They will be the sole arbiter of what constitutes pro rata and that's reasonable enough IMO.

Have a look at the attached.

Upgraded this morning. Will pay on the 18th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭faolteam

amadablam wrote: »
    No, the 59 applies to converting your monthly to yearly.

Sign up for trial. Then when it's active, take the 59 offer which requires you to convert to annual billing and it will tell you that your next annual bill is August at 59 and 79 every year thereafter.

You don't have to cancel anything.

Your welcome ;)

So the months trial will move to the yearly if I sign up and I get 13 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

faolteam wrote: »
    So the months trial will move to the yearly if I sign up and I get 13 months

Pretty much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Thogught everyone was still using their student accounts.. 39 a year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

Etnies wrote: »
    Thogught everyone was still using their student accounts.. 39 a year
    How do you get a student account?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

I availed of the 59 offer last August, went on to chat the other day and asked if I was able to renew at the 59 offer they had on at the minute or was that just for new customers. He came back and told me it was only for new customers but seeing as I was a valued customer they could offer me 20 pound credit to be used on purchases. I'm delighted

bromley52 wrote: »
    How do you get a student account?
    See this post

So I took the great leap of faith and signed up. I sometimes use a relation's address across the border in N.I. (15 minutes drive from me) for Amazon deliveries and a couple of days ago I set that address as the default. When signing up for Prime I then set that address as the billing address also and all done and dusted in a couple of minutes.

I just went through the Videos and searched for the earlier titles mentioned in this thread i.e. Fleabag season 1, Lego Batman and The 100 and Im able to view the lot of them. Happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

my deal was due to expire in august.. cancelled tonight. got £10 back and signed up again for £59.. Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭torrevieja

when u sign up for year how much notice do u have to give if u dont want it for another year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Does anyone have an idiot's guide to changing a revolut card to UK? Pulling my hair out on this.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement