Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stars of Heaven

Options
  • 31-10-2014 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Anyone listen to these lads anymore? Great (now semi-forgotten) Irish band from 80s.
    am listening to unfinished dreaming here, beautiful stuff. granted, it sounds a bit samey after a while, but still great.
    anyone know is Stephen Ryan still making music??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭francois

Fabulous band, saw them live many times, some memebers went on to form the Revenants, don't think he is doing anything else at the moment.
    Mid to late 80's saw a great deal of talented bands in Irish rock

• Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭jd

Think Stephen plays with Dinah Brand at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭trashcan

My favourite Irish band, just beating the Blades. Sacred Heart Hotel, Speak Slowly, and the compilation Unfinished Dreaming - all essential listening. Wonderful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭trashcan

This thread inspired me to go seek out the Revenants - Stephen Ryans post Stars band. Bought both of their albums last night on Itunes.

This is just a majestic song from the second album, Septober Nowonder, Scott Miller Said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Hippo

Stephen has a solo album ready to go. Any day now etc.

Hippo wrote: »
    Stephen has a solo album ready to go. Any day now etc.

Cool. Must say one of my favourite memories is ye playing with Dessie Horde on guitar as the day broke to close the Trinity Ball. 1987 I think.

Top of these charts (by journo and ex whipping boy guitarist, Paul Page.
    http://www.betweenthebars.net/10-most-underrated-irish-bands-of-the-80s/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Hippo

I'm never really sure about the 'underrated' thing. Plenty of critics say and have said very nice things about TSOH. Had the chances and didn't take them!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭estariol

http://www.stevecummins.com/blog/stars-of-heaven-free-album-downloads

link dead anyone have these to share? feel I've missed out on something!

• Advertisement
Advertisement