Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where is the Best Burger in Dublin?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

trellheim wrote: »
    Chili Shack currently is running 1st for me with the tex-mex poutine being a wonderful combo.
    maximoose wrote: »
    Had my first Chili Shack yesterday actually, Bacon & Cheeseburger and it was wonderful

Their Bacon Cheese Burger is my favourite around without doubt. The best value burger too and fries come included.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Tried my first Wow burger recently.
    Wasn't that juicy and didn't pack much taste.
    The chilli fries were topped nicely, but the chips themselves were ok.
    I went for BBQ sauce and different toppings.

I've had nicer burgers in Eddies, and I Bunsen for me is still my favourite burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ate in Bujo Burger in Sandymount last night and have to agree with dudara that it is an even better burger than Bunsen & Wow. The brioche bun is like a dome shape rather than the crushed buns you get many places. Cheese on the burger was superb too as was the meat. I wasnt impressed with their thrice cooked chips though, they left a lot to be desired. They were far from fluffy on the inside and crunchy outside and I doubted that they were cooked three times at all. But for the burger alone I have Bujo as top contender in Dublin. Will definitely be back even though its out of my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Someone who eats burgers looking down upon someone who eats spice bags. Wtf.

You're comparing fast food crap to fast food crap. Both are delicious.
    I don't think we're talking about fast food here at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Ate in Bujo Burger in Sandymount last night and have to agree with dudara that it is an even better burger than Bunsen & Wow. The brioche bun is like a dome shape rather than the crushed buns you get many places. Cheese on the burger was superb too as was the meat. I wasnt impressed with their thrice cooked chips though, they left a lot to be desired. They were far from fluffy on the inside and crunchy outside and I doubted that they were cooked three times at all. But for the burger alone I have Bujo as top contender in Dublin. Will definitely be back even though its out of my way.

Delighted you made it over there to try it out. The fact that they’re a little out of the way in Sandymount means they don’t always get the same exposure as Wow & Bunsen.

The chips are fine IMO, but the burgers....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Was in Bujo's a few days ago and didn't like it at all.

Soon as I went in the smell of refined oil in there was very off putting and the chips reeked of it.

As for the burger, no idea how they do it, but the meat tastes like (and has the consistency of) frozen burgers you'd get from a burger van, and tastes as bland.

Bu2.jpg

Other than the brioche bun (which was quite tasty) for me the place sells burger van quality food at gourmet prices.
    Rookie error
    Always get small fries they are about 10% smaller than a large which is huge and if there are two of you one small fries will still probably do

It was indeed and I was back again and this time I took your advice and if anything, they gave me more fries than when I ordered a large fries.

Had a Bacon Cheese Dog this time and man they are beautiful. Best dog I've ever had. If I'm ever on Death Row someday, I'm getting another one of these bad boys just before I bow out.

FGBD2.jpg

FGBD1_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

FGBD1_1.jpg

That bacon is so burnt it can only be identified by its dental records.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Had a Burger at the Patty Wagon on Saturday
    Its a Van that on Saturdays operates out of the Honest to Goodness Farmers Market in Glasnevin . Not sure his schedule rest of the week .

He has two burgers mixes on offer I went for the Fat kid mix which is 70% Chuck 30% Brisket I think the other was 70% Chuck 30% Short Rib

Really good burger well worth a visit on a Sat afternoon if your in the area

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Passenger wrote: »
    That bacon is so burnt it can only be identified by its dental records.

When I got their Bacon Cheese Burger I thought the same and was disappointed as I hate crispy bacon.........

Maybe they marinate it, or fry in butter oil or something, but it tastes waaay better than it looks is all I can say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭JayRoc

dudara wrote: »
    Delighted you made it over there to try it out. The fact that they’re a little out of the way in Sandymount means they don’t always get the same exposure as Wow & Bunsen.

The chips are fine IMO, but the burgers....

Made my first trip to Bujo this week. Pretty much due to this thread. Good burger (but brutal chips)

No Bunsen though .

Top 3: Bujo, Box, Bunsen (3,2,1).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Mr.S wrote: »
    Tried BuJo this evening - I actually really liked the chips!

Very decent burger, would have liked a bit more choice for toppings though.

Wow still top of my list! Bunsen is still decent but the service is horrific.

Side note, I wonder why none of the burger places deliver via JustEat / Deliveroo (apart from Five Guys) - they'd make a killing.

Chili shack delivers via Deliveroo.

Doesn't be as good though as the steam coming off the food drops back onto the food making it soggy when in a closed box

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Lettuce on a burger getting delivered isn't great either. Pizza, Chinese and indian works well delivered, I don't think burgers or most chipper stuff does.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭yogi37

Had Box Burger last night for first time ever. It was delicious. And after a couple of pints so it was even better. Very much enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭trellheim

Side note : Lidl are doing a very nice range of brioche burger buns at the mo if your doing BBQs

• Registered Users Posts: 16,878 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

My favourite at the moment is Hoggs and Heifers in Swords. They are barbecued so the meat alone stands out. Well worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Cienciano wrote: »
    Lettuce on a burger getting delivered isn't great either. Pizza, Chinese and indian works well delivered, I don't think burgers or most chipper stuff does.

I live near an Eddie Rockets and I sometimes get the Smokestack delivered :D

It's always in good shape and they take great care to box it nicely (even ventilated).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭Mike Hoch

pwisp wrote: »
    I do like Bunsen but I wish they had more toppings like bacon for example. This is where Wowburger do better in.

Five guys is grand but there's no reason why it needs to be so dear.

I find Wowburger to essentially be a Five Guys copy for a few quid cheaper. Are they AS nice? Maybe not quite but they're close enough.

And their fries are reasonable. FG fries are muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

As a big fan of Wowburger (on Parnell Square) how do the other ones fair up? Can they vary much? May be heading to the Wexford St one on Saturday after Leopardstown and don't want to be let down :pac:

As a big fan of Wowburger (on Parnell Square) how do the other ones fair up? Can they vary much? May be heading to the Wexford St one on Saturday after Leopardstown and don't want to be let down :pac:

I don't know about taste but the other ones are cool as you have to go through a pub to get to the restaurant. Kind of bizarre when you first go to them.

The one on the quays is outdoors on the roof of some bar. It's quite unique IMO as opposed to the new, boring branch on Parnell Street.

Does anyone have any new reconnections aside from wow, Bunsen, chili shack?

Has a BoBos recently and it was terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

BoBos is terrible.

The undisputed kings are Bunsen and Wow but I Honestly think wow trail Bunsen by long way.

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I don't know about taste but the other ones are cool as you have to go through a pub to get to the restaurant. Kind of bizarre when you first go to them.

The one on the quays is outdoors on the roof of some bar. It's quite unique IMO as opposed to the new, boring branch on Parnell Street.

After being outside in the cold of Leopardstown I'll be avoiding the Workmans one! May venture to Mary's so instead of Wexford St!
    I Honestly think wow trail Bunsen by long way.

Bacon....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

The only wowbuger I have been to so far has been the one on Wicklow street and i have to say i found it disappointing.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Wowburger is much better than Bunsen IMO

Real Gourmet Burger in Terenure and Farmer Brown’s in Rathmines both do delicious burgers as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Wowburger is much better than Bunsen IMO

Real Gourmet Burger in Terenure and Farmer Brown’s in Rathmines both do delicious burgers as well.
    Real gourmet burger has changed hands in the last week or so

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Real gourmet burger has changed hands in the last week or so

Oh... hope the menu/quality doesn’t change.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Just an update on Rick's Burger (mentioned a few times on thread). I popped in for take away lunch recently and was happily surprised that they've changed their chips.
    They were always a lowest common denominator chip and brought the whole menu down. They were like something you'd get from a Chinese van in a pub car park outside Edenderry. In November.

The new ones are more like fries...but a little thicker, but not chips and the oil tasted better too. Hopefully it wasn't a one off as the thoughts of their chips often puts me off going in.

Still a cheap and decent burger option. But now with fries!*

*thick fries, not chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,469 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Technically and non-technically in Meath, but since we are including places in Swords and Balbriggan i thought i would throw it in.....

The Newbarn Farm just outside Ashbourne is by some distance the best I've had in the Greater Dublin area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    Technically and non-technically in Meath, but since we are including places in Swords and Balbriggan i thought i would throw it in.....

The Newbarn Farm just outside Ashbourne is by some distance the best I've had in the Greater Dublin area.
    The donkey shed is a great spot for lunch , but their burger doesn't approach the levels talked about in here

Had a Bunsen at lunch from the Essex St branch... excellent but not as good as Wow! Needs bacon and better chips imo!

• Advertisement

Had a Bunsen at lunch from the Essex St branch... excellent but not as good as Wow! Needs bacon and better chips imo!

I've been to Bunsen twice. Both times in temple bar. I've left both times wondering wtf the deal is. I don't get the appeal at all.

Advertisement