Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any good ideas to make/save extra money?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭glic71rods46t0

I got a great deal on switching my life insurance/mortgage protection, got cashback of €300 - just for filling in a new form and cancelling the old one. Happy to share the details by pm

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭elgriff

This actually works, but requires being careful, and patient and double-checking everything

https://www.oddsmonkey.com/

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2010/jul/24/free-bets-bookies

I did that before, it is risky. You'll get banned quickly, and you have to worry about your bets being canceled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Apocalypse2018

When I am in the city and waiting for the bus, I often go around and ask folks whether they have any spare change because I have lost my bus ticket which costs 2 euros. 50% of the people will give u something... little bit degrading but it's free money nevertheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

When I am in the city and waiting for the bus, I often go around and ask folks whether they have any spare change because I have lost my bus ticket which costs 2 euros. 50% of the people will give u something... little bit degrading but it's free money nevertheless.

So that was you last week? :D Maybe not though. On the bus and a chap only had a tenner and asked for change, several people did oblige and I was searching in my bag when he finally announced he had all he needed. Wouldn't mind that myself but what you are doing.......no, don't do that, please! Degrading? More like fraud! Or theft? Especially as you seem to be admitting you are lying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

That’s a wee bit scabby..

The most important thing when it comes to saving money is making sure you have a budget in place. That will be your map that will help you get from were you are to were you want to be. See were you are spending money and see what cuts you can make. Some big tips:

1) Rent out a spare room. Not an option for everybody but if it is, you can literally make a few extra hundred a month!
    2) Quit smoking if you do. They cost a fortune now. Vape if you must.
    3) Don't go abroad for holidays. Do some fun things locally.
    4) Cut the phone bill down. Some people are paying up to 60 a month!
    5) Stop eating takeaway. This is a killer for me but its so expensive to order.
    6) Shop in Penneys / Lidl etc

4 years ago I was 28 years old and wasn't really achieving much in my life. Now I have gotten married, got a car and full driving license and bought a new house.

Mainly by managing my money through very strict budgeting. (Wife might divorce me eventually for that :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I watch consumer TV shows, they usually have some good advice even if some of it isn't relevant to my situation. Also, I've been watching 'Eat well for less" on BBC. It's interesting to see just how wasteful some families can be, and how much can be saved by using common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

I do enjoy that show ��
    I can’t believe how little some parents know about basic cooking skills, never mind budgeting or nutrition. I remember one episode where a mum claimed she couldn’t cook at all and that’s why she only bought ready meals. Her job? Cooking chips and burgers from scratch at a layby chip van...

My OH would live on Superquinn sausages or curries if he were let. We are never stuck for things to cook and he can put together a good meal himself. However, outside of his usual go-to recipes, he just can’t ‘see’ what else he could put together from what we have in the kitchen, and I think that’s a problem for a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

There could be many ways to make extra money by continuing your job but it depends either you want to do online or home based jobs or would prefer the outdoor job. Hence, if you are looking for online jobs then you should have the following options:

Get Paid With Online Surveys: In the beginning, I didn't believe that online surveys actually pay to the participant but now, it has become a reality, and you can create some good extra income by participating in online surveys. Survey Junkie, Vindale Research, and Inbox Dollars could be right platforms in this regard.

Earn with FluidStack: In the same token, you can participate in the distributed cloud activity of FluidStack. Earning money with provider.fluidstack.io is effortless. You would only have to install software on your PC and will get a passive income of $50 monthly. I know it is not a very high amount but surely can help you to overcome your financial worries.

Wrap Your Car in Advertisement: I wasn't familiar with it. But, recently, it came into my knowledge that Wrapify offers the drivers to put an advertisement on their vehicle to get some extra cash. You can discover more about this way of making money by visiting the official site or reviews.

Freelance Writing or Typing: If you are good at writing then you can go with a writing or typing task by offering your service at any of freelancing site.

I just share a few online ways to make some extra money. You can also work as a travel blogger, Vlogger, caterer or can offer any skill or service that you have in hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 VirginiaHamilton

It's a great example of how a little effort can result in some extra money in your pocket. 

• Registered Users Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Could you AirBandB any of your spare rooms in the new house?

Advertisement