Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

George Clinton in Dublin in July

Options
  • 23-03-2007 7:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Gororge Clinton and Parliment/Funkandelic will make a welcome return to Dublin in July.:D

The date is 5th July.Venue to be announced.

This will be one of the gigs of the year.
    Anyone who was the gig 2 years go will testify this.
    They played for 2 3/4 hours and would have played longer only for being hunted off stage for time restrictions.

Does anyone have the boot of this gig or their prevoius gig in 2001.:rolleyes:

I have over 200 P Funk gis on cdr/dvd and 800 Prince gigs to trade with.:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭fuse

That's great news!
    Seen them in Vicar St two years ago, great show, really got our 3hrs worth alright, they wouldv'e gone on all night if it wasn't for Vicar St's strict closing time.

Seen em in Roskilde last yr aswell, though they went a bit overboard on the whole bee-bop rockabilly vibe, wanted to hear more of their classic stuff.
    Was a bit disappointed after that one.
    They did that alot in Vicar St aswell, it was good for the novelty, but wouldn't fancy seeing that show again, hopefully they'll play more of the old funkadelic stuff.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

It all sounded very tempting until you said "bee-bop rockabilly", which sent a shiver down my spine...

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Cousin it

I really enjoyed the show in Vicar St. but yeah, definitely pissed off bout the early finish, given that it was George's bday and all.

As for them playing more old P-Funk stuff, I don't think they can, meaning that because of so many members taking part in the creative process over the years there are HUGE legal battles over rights and royalties and until they are sorted out the tracks in question cannot be performed live, legally anyway.

Pretty ratty considering the overall message of the group etc. Still it's a class show and well worth seeing. Harks back to a time when musicians really earned their keep in the live show.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 DrFunkenstein

OHH HOLY FEICIN ****E HOW DID I MISS THIS!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ahh Well, Least I now know. WoooWhoooo..... ahhh what a Legend.. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 funkyone

superconor wrote:
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet....
    Tickets now on sale at ticketmaster for the Tripod on July 4th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Got tickets, hope he's feckin worth it :cool:

funkyone wrote:
    Tickets now on sale at ticketmaster for the Tripod on July 4th.
    A second date added now on the 5th.- Same venue.

Any reports from last night?
    Got tickets for tonight. Apparently they were giving them out after last nights gig. sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

A mate was at it last night. He played a 4 & 1/2 hour set and was to quote the txt message i got "THE MOST AMAZING GIG I'VE EVER SEEN"

• Advertisement

Yeah, talk about value for money. Think they played from 9 til after 12.30. Was a brilliant gig. That bassist has some stamina he didn't get a break the whole set. They played so much of their old & best stuff, it was great!

Popped into zaytoon after & met george and the gang headin back to their hotel. George took a bite of my kebab... *swoon*

Wow.
    What 2 gigs.
    The first lasted 3 1/2hrs and included a George Clinton stage dive.
    The seconded lasted 4 1/4hrs and included I bet you+you and my folks.
    I met the band after the show and got a few photos and few autographs from the band.
    They will be back later in the year in Oct/Nov.
    I will b there again.
    Any know of recordings of these shows??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Damn, sounds cool. Wish I could have been there.

Advertisement