Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Last Week's Top Five Queries (15.11.2020 - 22.11.2020)

• 23-11-2020 3:45pm
    Company Representative Posts: 222 Verified rep

1. I would like an update on my New Connection Application. Can you help?

Would you mind sending the following details via PM and we can look into this:

- Name;
    - Address;
    - Application reference number; and
    - Contact number.

2. I wish to report low water pressure. Is there works in my area?

You can search for reported works which are affecting supply on our website.

If there are no works in your area, please DM us with the following information and a member of our team will assist.

- Your full name;
    - Your full address (including County & Eircode);
    - Your contact number;
    - Is the supply to your cold kitchen tap affected; and
    - Are your neighbours also experiencing this.

3. I have been experiencing lots of disruptions to my supply recently and would like to know more about Irish Water’s plans for network improvements. Can you help?

We are very sorry to hear that there are regular supply disruptions in your area. Please PM us with the following information and we will look into this further for you.

- Full name;
    - Contact number; &
    - Full address including the Eircode and County.

You can also see a list of our upcoming project and plans to upgrade the infrastructure here.

4. I am looking for maps of the network. Can you help?

We recommend contacting the Planning Department of your Local Authority. They should be able to provide you with these maps.

5. I have a leak on my private property and also have lead pipes in my home, what should I do?

Irish Water are responsible for maintaining the public water and wastewater network. As the leak is on private property, this would be the homeowners responsibility to have repaired. You may be eligible for a free repair under our First Fix scheme. To see if your property meets the eligibility criteria for this scheme, please see this link.  If your situation does not meet these criteria, we recommend that you contact a registered plumber to repair this.

If you have lead pipework within your home, the recommendation from the Health Service Executive is to have these replaced. Please see here for more information.

Advertisement