Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

im at 16hrs and level 10, is that bad? feels like im not levelling up at al i gotta go fight more sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Smith like a mad scone krudler, you'll fly up levels

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

yap the old trick of creating dagger after dagger after dagger

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

dont rush to level up
    enjoy your time in the world where anything can kill you
    once you hit the late 40's you're just auto moving around the map spitting in giants faces for fun

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

honestly how fkin good is this game, being new to TES but played fo3/NV.. ive played 50hours only level 16 (i know major exploration) spent most of that time 2handed and archer with heavy armour suit perk and + 15% extra damage with the gauntlets, now ive just decided to go mage wearing +75% regen robes & hood with 20 extra magika points & ive lots of potions in stock, this game is amazing u can play it so many ways!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

krudler wrote: »
    im at 16hrs and level 10, is that bad? feels like im not levelling up at al i gotta go fight more sh1t

I'm 37 hrs and level 16 :O I've just been doing a load side quests for 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

nothing wrong with that at all kruds!! as long as your enjoying the game your level dont mean $hit!

Im doing mostly the main quest, I should stop and do some side missions, Im usually on a main quest when side missions come up and never go back for them, the story keeps pushing me on. the map just keeps getting bigger and bigger, I love it. the area near Solitude is lovely looking.

fast travel, I love how I can skip huge chunks of walking with you, but from now on can you not drop me next to a friggin bear?! cheers.

wheres a good place to start smithing? and to get supplies, I have random bits of iron ore and leather I found, need more stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

on ps3... hows everyones lag? havent had much myself...my savefile still around 6.2,.. apparently sleeping in ur gaff regularly helps keep the save file down, heard sum people are having awful problems... that patch should be out by monday or tues

hypermuse wrote: »
    nothing wrong with that at all kruds!! as long as your enjoying the game your level dont mean $hit!
    padz wrote: »
    honestly how fkin good is this game, being new to TES but played fo3/NV.. ive played 50hours only level 16 (i know major exploration) spent most of that time 2handed and archer with heavy armour suit perk and + 15% extra damage with the gauntlets, now ive just decided to go mage wearing +75% regen robes & hood with 20 extra magika points & ive lots of potions in stock, this game is amazing u can play it so many ways!

thats what I love about it, I use armor and a bow when out in the world, and robes and magic in both hands when in dungeons, love mixing it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Im doing mostly the main quest, I should stop and do some side missions, Im usually on a main quest when side missions come up and never go back for them, the story keeps pushing me on. the map just keeps getting bigger and bigger, I love it. the area near Solitude is lovely looking.

fast travel, I love how I can skip huge chunks of walking with you, but from now on can you not drop me next to a friggin bear?! cheers.

wheres a good place to start smithing? and to get supplies, I have random bits of iron ore and leather I found, need more stuff.
    Whiterun is good, the chick outside the warmaiden usually has Iron and Leather Straps, also the guy inside, make your iron daggers sell em to the chick do a few dungeons go back and she should be all restocked, you can also visit any mines you found, theres an iron one near Riverwood once collected you just lash it in the smelter. Its not that much fun but you level up really fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

The Quest's don't matter because you xp comes from ranking up skills. I was rather stagnant leveling up because I just really focused on heavy armor and two handed.

Then I made an unholy amount of daggers, started using a bit of magic and got into the auld potions so as I ranked up the lower level skills my overall level followed suit. Plus my legendary dragon armour is quite the added bonus!

I thought I found some thing really cool in Kagrenzel

Oh how disappointed I was

this bit was awesome thou
    The falling and falling and eventually falling into water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Headshot wrote: »
    Im level 32

It kiinda pisses me off that Falmer use to be piss easy to beat but now 2 arrows and im dead

Just not right

Try dropping the difficulty?

falan wrote: »
    Try dropping the difficulty?

Not a chance in hell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

padz wrote: »
    on ps3... hows everyones lag? havent had much myself...my savefile still around 6.2,.. apparently sleeping in ur gaff regularly helps keep the save file down, heard sum people are having awful problems... that patch should be out by monday or tues

Mine was pretty bad when I played it last. Huge framerate drops in places. Mine is probably 6.6-7 in size. Hope the patch addresses it as it's getting to be an annoyance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

how do you join the brotherhood? i think i've messed it up :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    how do you join the brotherhood? i think i've messed it up :(
    Talk to barmen, they'll tip you off about a kid in winterhold (afaik). Go to said kid.. Alternatively just kill (better word in this case being murder) some random NPC's and they'll contact you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

[ive killed people and i get nothing. think i was contacted in the past and now dont know where to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Finally finished thieves guild and restored them to their former glory, tip for anyone looking for the have 100,000k achievement, do these missions then start selling to fences as they carry mega bucks compared to others, Had my achievement in 10 minutes, I reloaded though as I sold some rare stuff to them :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

calex71 wrote: »
    Finally finished thieves guild and restored them to their former glory, tip for anyone looking for the have 100,000k achievement, do these missions then start selling to fences as they carry mega bucks compared to others, Had my achievement in 10 minutes, I reloaded though as I sold some rare stuff to them :D

I'm finding quite a lot of the side quests from Vex and Delvas are horribly bugged, especially the ones with the ledgers.
    Even had a quest where I had to pickpocket a guy who was in jail, even if you get arrested you get put in a different cell.

Quite annoying.

Aside from that, loving the game for the most part. Already got nearly 100 hours played.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I've enough money I think, but I see no practical use for it, as most of the stuff I need I get as rewards or can craft.
    The only thing I find it useful for is levelling up skills at trainers.

Is there something I'm missing ? I already own a few places

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I've enough money I think, but I see no practical use for it, as most of the stuff I need I get as rewards or can craft.

Im in the same boat as you. I can smith anything i need at this stage so i don't need the case other then to buy houses. Buying training seem to be the best use of the gold i have.... feels like a cheap way out of getting past a difficult dungeon though! Its worth buying all the houses i think, ill spoiler the reason for anyone who doesn't want a quest hint;
    If you are trying to collect the unusual gems, i found one of them in one of the houses i bought. I haven't bought them all yet so maybe there are more hidden in the houses you can buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Im in yor Sightless Pit fuxxing yor perceptionz.

Jesus.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Ye gotta love Tobuscus. 15 Lets play videos and still in Riverwood. Funny to watch though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

SeantheMan wrote: »

No thats exactly what I'm using the 100k for, skill trainers to boost towards level 50.

The only thing money can't buy and I want is daedre hearts, only found 1 of those on my travels and that got used in a quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I just got the Wabbajack. It may just be the greatest weapon in gaming history! I haven't laughed so much since a mammoth shot into the air and took out a dragon. Granted, that was only the other day, but it was a damned good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

No thats exactly what I'm using the 100k for, skill trainers to boost towards level 50.

The only thing money can't buy and I want is daedre hearts, only found 1 of those on my travels and that got used in a quest.

Theres a guy sells these in the mages college.

Hall of attainment, first floor, room to the left at the top of the stairs. Has two at a time and restocks after 48 hours I think, about 1000 gold a piece.

Sourced all mine from him to make my Daedric armour and weapons.

Anyone else annoyed when they're fighting dragons and your knocking lumps out of them that they get distracted by a moth or something miles away and fly off in the middle of battle.

Turned level 40 last night, only finished the dark brotherhood missions and on the last of the Companions missions. Barely touched the main quest. Loving it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

depending on what mission you do you can pick a few up.
    Azuras star mission when you go into the star should have 1 or 2 for you at least.
    i've also found a few floating about in dungeons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

depending on what mission you do you can pick a few up.
    Azuras star mission when you go into the star should have 1 or 2 for you at least.
    i've also found a few floating about in dungeons.

you can buy those from alchemists too. Arcadia in Whiterun usually has one. I build up my daedric set and weapons that way :)

Advertisement