06-04-2021, 23:19   #1
The chan chan man

Work meeting

A situation has come up where I’m being asked to attend a meeting tomorrow afternoon with 15 other people indoors...

So that’s 15 households mixing for something that could be done on Teams.. This is boll0cks as far as I’m concerned and breaks a number of current health guidelines. I’m not even seeing family at the moment and I’ll be fu(ked if i’m going to risk catching covid at a bloody meeting.

What would you do?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
06-04-2021, 23:22   #3
Atlantic Dawn

Say you are awaiting test results of a close contact.
06-04-2021, 23:24   #4
grazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The chan chan man View Post

So that’s 15 households mixing for something that could be done on Teams.. This is boll0cks as far as I’m concerned and breaks a number of current health guidelines. I’m not even seeing family at the moment and I’ll be fu(ked if i’m going to risk catching covid at a bloody meeting.
Just say what you’ve said above to your boss / the meeting organiser. Adjust for appropriate language if you need to, but you've summed it up perfectly there. You should have the option to join the meeting remotely.
06-04-2021, 23:29   #5
StupidLikeAFox

Go and lick everyone's face. There's a small chance you may catch covid but you definitely won't be invited again
Advertisement
06-04-2021, 23:32   #6
JPup

You need to say to the organiser that it’s not on to be holding a meeting like that at the moment. If you feel you are too junior to say it, go through HR.
06-04-2021, 23:41   #7
bfa1509

Quote:
A situation has come up where I’m being asked to attend a meeting tomorrow afternoon with 15 other people indoors...

What would you do?
Bitch about it to the 13 others who didn't organise the meeting, then conspire for nobody to show up.

Must be the last straw.

Last edited by Ted_YNWA; 07-04-2021 at 21:00. Reason: snipping deleted post
06-04-2021, 23:59   #8
Jim2007

Quote:

What would you do?
Nothing. Then about 5 mins before the meeting asked for the video link as it was left off your invite. Oh dear, sorry about the misunderstanding, guess you’ll have to do it without me....
07-04-2021, 00:18   #9
For Forks Sake

Tell them you're just back from Dubai
Thanks from:
Advertisement
07-04-2021, 00:24   #10
anewme

Serious answer.

Tell them you are concerned about Covid precautions and will attend remotely.

Put it in writing.
07-04-2021, 00:44   #11
Strumms

Is there an e-mail invite ? Ring your local Garda station, ask for an email of whomever you speak to, forward them the invite.

If it’s not been put in writing, call, tell them time, place of meeting , who invited you etc...
07-04-2021, 21:33   #12
Potential-Monke

I just simply wouldn't go, but I would have made my concerns clear beforehand. Would want to be some company to fire you for not attending a gathering during Covid.

So, how did it go? What did you do?
07-04-2021, 21:54   #13
Fake Scores

If this is a staff meeting at St.Gerard's in Bray then you guys are good to go.
Otherwise it's an unreasonable risk not to be taken.
(2) thanks from:
07-04-2021, 22:14   #14
dotsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strumms View Post
Is there an e-mail invite ? Ring your local Garda station, ask for an email of whomever you speak to, forward them the invite.

If it’s not been put in writing, call, tell them time, place of meeting , who invited you etc...
You do realise it is not a crime????

The guidelines are "people should work from home where possible". There's no law saying you have to.
07-04-2021, 22:18   #15
Vestiapx

Who is your covid officer? Get them to explain the precautions that are being taken. Temps and decelerations for everyone and a brief explanation of why it can't be done remotely would be the least they should be enforcing.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion