06-04-2021, 17:52   #61
Pussyhands

Anyone see the ad for Mark Moriarty's new show?

What a boring boring person.

"I'm going to show you how you can cook good simple food at home, without going to the restaurant."

"These will be recipes you will want to eat"...well yeah Mark, that's generally what a cooking show is about..
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
06-04-2021, 20:48   #62
freshpopcorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pussyhands View Post
Anyone see the ad for Mark Moriarty's new show?

What a boring boring person.

"I'm going to show you how you can cook good simple food at home, without going to the restaurant."

"These will be recipes you will want to eat"...well yeah Mark, that's generally what a cooking show is about..
He popped up on the Today Show in the last few years. He is just very dull. I'm convinced he has somebody inside RTÉ helping him out.
06-04-2021, 21:00   #63
Batattackrat

WHERE'S THE LAMB SAUCE
06-04-2021, 21:08   #64
trashcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_circus View Post
They're all just playing catch up to the late and the great Keith Floyd, God rest his pickled soul.

And all done to that theme tune by The Stranglers.
Christ, no. Could never stand Floyd. Have never once seen him prepare anything that looked even vaguely appetising.
06-04-2021, 21:09   #65
Harpon

Gordon Ramsay and his hysterics is tedious to watch, he’s never off the tele either.
Advertisement
06-04-2021, 21:11   #66
trashcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by murpho999 View Post
Whatever about cooking on TV, at least you can see processes and results, it's cooking on radio that gets me.

Every Friday Pat Kenny Show has a chef on Gareth somebody from Marker Hotel and he lists ingredients and instructions for a recipe and Pat goes "that sounds delicious" and it's totally ridiculous.
Does seem a bit pointless alright. A bit like mime on the radio.

On a related note (well, somewhat) RTE radio sports news in the mornings used to play clips of the radio commentary of goals from the previous nights matches. What the hell was that about ? They may still be doing it for all I know. Bizarre.
06-04-2021, 21:17   #67
trashcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpon View Post
Gordon Ramsay and his hysterics is tedious to watch, he’s never off the tele either.
Every show in his kitchen nightmares series had exactly the same plot arc. Gordon goes in, doesn’t like the food. Goes into the kitchen and usually finds some disgusting and unhygienic food storage. Gives them a new menu, goes out on the local streets to entice people with the new food. Has a few screaming matches with the owner/chef (“wheres your passion ?”) Then they make up, he redesigns the restaurant for them, they take his menu advice and everyone lives happily ever after. The end.

It’s entertains the first few times, but gets tired pretty quickly.
Thanks from:
06-04-2021, 21:27   #68
Batattackrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashcan View Post
Every show in his kitchen nightmares series had exactly the same plot arc. Gordon goes in, doesn’t like the food. Goes into the kitchen and usually finds some disgusting and unhygienic food storage. Gives them a new menu, goes out on the local streets to entice people with the new food. Has a few screaming matches with the owner/chef (“wheres your passion ?”) Then they make up, he redesigns the restaurant for them, they take his menu advice and everyone lives happily ever after. The end.

It’s entertains the first few times, but gets tired pretty quickly.
Most of the places still close down after Ramsay been there soon after.

Hello, My Name is NINO
06-04-2021, 21:29   #69
NickNickleby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpon View Post
Saw him doing one of his restaurant 'rescues' years ago. There was a young lad in the kitchen, a bit slow I thought. But good ol' hardman Ramsay decided here was a handy punchbag. Slapping the young lad across the back of the head a number of times, and the lad going down liked a whipped dog and slouching off out of harms way till the next instructive slap. I remember the red mist on me at the time, thinking "if that was my brother or son.....". In fairness, I wouldn't be as big and tough as yer man, but a cast iron skillet is a great leveller.

You're right, I wouldn't. But if ever someone deserved it......
Thanks from:
Advertisement
06-04-2021, 21:58   #70
Batattackrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickNickleby View Post
Saw him doing one of his restaurant 'rescues' years ago. There was a young lad in the kitchen, a bit slow I thought. But good ol' hardman Ramsay decided here was a handy punchbag. Slapping the young lad across the back of the head a number of times, and the lad going down liked a whipped dog and slouching off out of harms way till the next instructive slap. I remember the red mist on me at the time, thinking "if that was my brother or son.....". In fairness, I wouldn't be as big and tough as yer man, but a cast iron skillet is a great leveller.

You're right, I wouldn't. But if ever someone deserved it......
I'm never seen Gordan slap anyone, he never does that.
06-04-2021, 22:06   #71
NickNickleby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batattackrat View Post
I'm never seen Gordan slap anyone, he never does that.
Well, painful as this will be, I'm going to try very hard to find it. I DID see it, it was appalling, and I was amazed that : it was televised, and that there was no torrent of outrage at it.

It was early on in the whole Gordon Ramsay thing and was set in the north of England I think. Like a cafe type place, but bigger.
06-04-2021, 22:06   #72
banoffe2

Not a trace of Dylan McGrath or his pal Mick Munier for years now
06-04-2021, 22:13   #73
machiavellianme

Astonished at the lack of outrage towards that river cottage nonsense.
The aptly named Hugh Christopher Edmund Fearnley-Wit-is-stalled
06-04-2021, 22:17   #74
kowloon

I used to watch a thing where it was just the food cooking, no commentary or anything, just the food spinning around as it cooked. When it's cooked I can take the food out and eat it.
Thanks from:
06-04-2021, 22:23   #75
TheRiverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJIMI TRARORE View Post
Who's the obnoxious pr1ck that's always on the LLS, fat, loves his own voice, gone bust more times than anybody I've ever heard, over and back to London with his "organic" range
Richard Corrigan ?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion