22-03-2021, 17:10   #46

Delighted to report that I bought four packets of crisps today. One packet of light green Hunky Doreys in the original packaging, and a second packet of light green Hunky Doreys with the redesign, plus a packet of Taytos and some Manhattans. Huge difference in flavour with the Doreys. Night and day. And they have the audacity to brand the merchandise for the new crisps with the slogan: "same great flavour". The Doreys with the augmented packaging are a pale imitation of the former crisp and I honestly think a petition needs be started for Tayto HQ. Believe me, this is going to be huge in a few months once people cop it. The original crisps are still available on the shelves and anyone who is interested in comparing for themselves should do so before they run out of stock.

I stopped in a petrol station on the way home to get Kings but they didn't have them so I picked up the Taytos and Manhattans. Then when I'm pulling away in the Discovery, I see some old codger in the vehicle next to me munching on a packet of Kings. Did he eat the last packet in the shop or what?
Advertisement
07-04-2021, 20:03   #47
Galactis

Tayto wheelis are much smaller and lack flavour compared to a few years back.
Quote:
Delighted to report that I bought four packets of crisps today. One packet of light green Hunky Doreys in the original packaging, and a second packet of light green Hunky Doreys with the redesign, plus a packet of Taytos and some Manhattans. Huge difference in flavour with the Doreys. Night and day. And they have the audacity to brand the merchandise for the new crisps with the slogan: "same great flavour". The Doreys with the augmented packaging are a pale imitation of the former crisp and I honestly think a petition needs be started for Tayto HQ. Believe me, this is going to be huge in a few months once people cop it. The original crisps are still available on the shelves and anyone who is interested in comparing for themselves should do so before they run out of stock.

I stopped in a petrol station on the way home to get Kings but they didn't have them so I picked up the Taytos and Manhattans. Then when I'm pulling away in the Discovery, I see some old codger in the vehicle next to me munching on a packet of Kings. Did he eat the last packet in the shop or what?
Crush On You is offline Report Post
I tried the flamed ones in the new packaging and they were really weak. Wasn't expecting that at all.
07-04-2021, 20:19   #48
EmmetSpiceland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactis View Post
I tried the flamed ones in the new packaging and they were really weak. Wasn't expecting that at all.
He’s gone, dude. Sadly.
Thanks from:
07-04-2021, 20:21   #49
Abominable Dr. Phibes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crush On You View Post
Em, yes. Big time. They taste rubbish since the redesign. WTF

Food scientists and accountants are a terrible combination. It's like how all the great corn based snacks of our youth are now a pale imitation of what they once were - the disastrous decision to move from deep frying the snacks to using air fryer technology. Thin, hard, wafery crap.

Manhattan are the only company dedicated to the old ways. Even though their cheese and onion crisps are so oniony they've started to give me heartburn. No higher praise can I give.
07-04-2021, 21:27   #50
Cienciano

All tayto flavours except for cheese and onion are shít. Yes, even salt and vinegar.
Advertisement
07-04-2021, 21:30   #51
ednwireland

philly cheese steak flavour. bottom of the packet "suitable for vegetarians "
07-04-2021, 22:49   #52
Galactis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cienciano View Post
All tayto flavours except for cheese and onion are shít. Yes, even salt and vinegar.
I think it's the normal salt and vinegar that is better than cheese & onion. As i said earlier, i dislike nearly most crisps being Cheese & Onion.

Anyway, lately it's been walkers that i've been working on. I do apologise to people in advance but those prawn cocktail and ready salted are very nice.
08-04-2021, 10:36   #53
Montage of Feck

Gone completely off cheese and onion as it leaves a terrible after taste.
08-04-2021, 10:39   #54
Cienciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montage of Feck View Post
Gone completely off cheese and onion as it leaves a terrible after taste.
That happens with Walkers imho. Or lays. You can taste them for days.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion