18-02-2020, 12:34   #61
murpho999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning_Stroke View Post
Completely different and you know it. The passport is recognised internationally as a physical representation of your citizenship of a state. Why should I have to pay for that? Next you'll want us to pony up for our PPS number
What rubbish. Every country in the world charges for passports.

It's not a representation of your citizenship it's a document giving you the right to travel to other countries and only required if you choose to travel so it's only right that you have to pay for it as you actually don't need one to live in the state or interact with the government.

However you do need a PPS number to live in the state and there's no charge for that as it's a state imposed requirement.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
18-02-2020, 13:29   #62
kickfacer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by murpho999 View Post
What rubbish. Every country in the world charges for passports.

It's not a representation of your citizenship it's a document giving you the right to travel to other countries and only required if you choose to travel so it's only right that you have to pay for it as you actually don't need one to live in the state or interact with the government.

However you do need a PPS number to live in the state and there's no charge for that as it's a state imposed requirement.
You're comparing apples and oranges.
18-02-2020, 14:41   #63
murpho999

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickfacer View Post
You're comparing apples and oranges.
No I'm comparing what was quoted above.

Also never got that phrase. Why can’t apples and oranges be compared.

Both are fruits, both have outer skin, both have seeds etc.

Last edited by murpho999; 18-02-2020 at 14:51.
18-02-2020, 15:01   #64
moycullen14

Applied last Sunday week, new passport arrived 3 days later. Cracking service. Well done to all involved. Gotta say this and the revenue web service are very good. On the other hand, buying a dog license on line ..... from the post office. Still have no idea whether I actually purchased anything or not.

Took me two goes to get them to accept a selfie from phone (it was an expensive iphone so maybe that helped ). For the passport, that is, not the dog license.
18-02-2020, 15:06   #65
murpho999

Quote:
Yeah and that's where the similarities end. Despite everything they have in common, one is still and apple and one is still an orange. They are not the same.
That's what comparison is about.
Advertisement
18-02-2020, 15:13   #66
Collie D

Quote:
Do you really need a detailed comparison of apples and oranges though? Sometimes it so obvious that two things are going to result in completely different outcomes.
What the **** are you even arguing about?!
18-02-2020, 19:15   #67
murpho999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collie D View Post
What the **** are you even arguing about?!
The price of oranges compared to passports and how apples don't have PPS numbers even though PPS is in the word.
15-09-2020, 13:56   #68
happyplants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theboinkmaster View Post
Just an FYI this service is incredible - I applied online Monday and I received by new passport in the post today.

Agreed. I think my application was done online last Friday and its Tuesday and I have it.

Its so great when we can get things right.
Thanks from:
18-09-2020, 21:40   #69
Capt'n Midnight
00:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlash View Post
I renewed my passport last year. I remember thinking it was one of the slickest, most customer friendly, and technically advanced online services I’ve used. Like noteworthy in how good it was.
It was terrible. I took my photo with the magic code. But then I had to wait for it to be accepted and then they wanted my birth cert because of a typo.

It took from Sunday night until Thursday morning. Even had to wait until Friday , Friday! to get the card thing. Middle of summer is no excuse
Advertisement
06-04-2021, 10:13   #70
Danick

Anyone know when I can renew my passport - can’t at the moment because of Level 5 restrictions - any chance the easing of level 5 on 12th April will allow the processing of renewing passports - need it for my Revolut card - they won’t accept any other form of ID. Thanks.
06-04-2021, 13:17   #71
Fandymo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danick View Post
Anyone know when I can renew my passport - can’t at the moment because of Level 5 restrictions - any chance the easing of level 5 on 12th April will allow the processing of renewing passports - need it for my Revolut card - they won’t accept any other form of ID. Thanks.
You’ll be lucky to get it this side of the summer.
06-04-2021, 21:50   #72
ulster

I sent my passport for online renewal in the first week of January. I received it in the post in March. Absolute agony. Not going anywhere. Just needed it for ID.
Thanks from:
07-04-2021, 09:42   #73
Fandymo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulster View Post
I sent my passport for online renewal in the first week of January. I received it in the post in March. Absolute agony. Not going anywhere. Just needed it for ID.
Sent mine last week of Jan. No sign. Passport Office is closed from what i hear and will be a massive backlog when they do get back in. I need photo ID to be Garda Vetted in work.
07-04-2021, 21:33   #74
ulster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandymo View Post
Sent mine last week of Jan. No sign. Passport Office is closed from what i hear and will be a massive backlog when they do get back in. I need photo ID to be Garda Vetted in work.
I think some of them must be there when I got mine.
07-04-2021, 23:37   #75
Witchie

Mine expires in June next year and I want to get back to Southeast Asia in August and worrying in case get stuck there and it runs out.

Might just have to apply for a British one instead. Fuming.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion