Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How can I minimise risk staying with with XP

• 14-03-2014 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

My desktop is running XP & has hardware which isn't supported if I upgrade so how do I minimise [not eradicate] risk while staying with XP?
    Avoid using IE, third party AV & Anti Malware. Follow best pratice while on line, change my profile from admin user to limited user. What else can I do ?

As this forum is realy about system vunerabilities I'm looking forward to your answers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

install the browser srware iron. install security extensiosn for it. disable things like javascript/images/cookies, and only enable them for individual sites when you are forced to(this can be tricky for javascript)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

A lot of customers for a company I work for are choosing this to get around upgrading, which locks down the system. May/may not be of use to you depending on what your doing with the machine.
    http://www.symantec.com/critical-system-protection

Advertisement