Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aaron Brady Guilty as charged

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

What physical evidence,puts him.there?
    it doesn't have to be physical evidence as we know from the verdict from the jury

if you don't like that campaign for reform

but to question a jury like this after 20+ hours of deliberation is absolutely off the wall

how many other jury decisions have you questioned publicly like this?

none? oh

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

So i'm a faceless clown because i'd like to see or hear some evidence.

Its been pointed out to you the evidence isn't a secret.
    Read the trial transcripts, or at least the pros/def/judge summing-ups if you are that interested.
    Anything within the limited confines of a post on a message board isn't going to be particularly convincing. Justice isn't operated by 'sum it up in a hundred words'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Listened to reports....

My takings....

The investigation seems like a job well done by all involved.... especially the US Homeland security.

I think there is some unease regarding the case apparently hanging on a
    confession made by Brady to some aquiantances, when he was drunk

(There may be other evidence, and for operational reasons, its not being disclosed ...on-going investigations etc.)

The Border counties of the north east, seem to be still a cesspool of lawlessness.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Well he went over to Woodlawn in New York hiding after it and told everyone over there he did it when he used to get drunk. Sounded like a scumbag his father went over to celebrate his birthday one year and pulled a gun on a fella in a pub so scumbag family.
    Wonder will Tony McEntee write him another Character reference

Have you a link to the father part please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

the only people that matter when it comes to evidence presented are the jury and they decided there was enough evidence to convict

that's all that matters here

you can do all the obfuscation and waffling you like but your mate is going to jail for forty years

maybe you can show him your posts here to cheer him up like a good little republican

While the WhiteJesus is going against the flow, I have reported this post as your tone is completely against how things should be conducted on Boards. More of a thug than the bogeyman Republicans you deride so much. The WhiteJesus seems contrarian, that is all, while your post is heinous.

• Advertisement
  • Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: @Hodors Appletart, @ThewhiteJesus - cut it out. Engage with the topic of discussion, not with each other.

An Ri rua wrote: »
    While the WhiteJesus is going against the flow, I have reported this post as your tone is completely against how things should be conducted on Boards. More of a thug than the bogeyman Republicans you deride so much. The WhiteJesus seems contrarian, that is all, while your post is heinous.

ok :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Damien360

What physical evidence,puts him.there?

Seems a whole lot of he said/she said....just dont think someone should do 40 years jail on that basis........same as graham dywer,no physical evidence exists,its a dangerous path for a country to go down

Agree with this. Surely he has a grounds for appeal and all the way to Supreme Court at that. No evidence whatsoever. He’s a scumbag and deserves to be taken off the streets but surely evidence is required for murder.

Are we to take it then,there is no physical evidence.....hes prob guilty,dunno nor care really,just think actual physical evidence/surrvelience should be necessary

campaign for reform then!

how many other juries decisions have you questioned in this manner?

it's very transparent

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SoberAsABird

a shinner bot !!
    I have never voted sinn fein in my life, and never will.

Yeah no shinner would have a cardassian as their avatar. Now a bajoran...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

touts wrote: »
    And here we go. The shinner bots starting the "punishment tweeting" against the Gardai

Yep already recognise some of the Sinn Fein fanboys arriving here with their vague questioning of the verdict. Obviously not as "safe" as the verdicts handed down to all the young men found in ditches with bags over their heads back in the day.

I would let them at it as it only reveals who and what they really are for anyone taken in by the PR spin they distribute

• Registered Users Posts: 15,961 ✭✭✭✭event

So i'm a faceless clown because i'd like to see or hear some evidence.
    I thought personal abuse wasn't allowed on this site.
    You've waited 7 years for this, really lol

If you want to see or hear evidence. GO LOOK IT UP. There's this wonderful thing called google, you can find all about it there. The majority of the irish news sites reported back daily on it.

Im sure the mods will deal with anything I have said

Yep. 7 years. Here is the original thread the night he was killed and here are some of my posts in it

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82890257&postcount=174

So yes, I have waited 7 years for this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Truthvader wrote: »
    Always suspected that there would be a sticky trail leading back to the good republicans which would lead to the usual "unauthorised" wordplay or "its not us its the dissidents" plus the usual condemnation from you know who. Be interested to see if anything more emerges though I expect he will be encouraged not to open his little rat mouth

Based on rumours there will be a few interesting stories to come about links between him and some "good Republicans". That's why the Shinner Bots have been deployed to start questioning his conviction already.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭mikekerry

Are we to take it then,there is no physical evidence.....hes prob guilty,dunno nor care really,just think actual physical evidence/surrvelience should be necessary

I think it was mainly circumstantial but there was cctv of him and others staking out the credit union a couple of times that week.
    As well as that some confessions he made to others were brought up as well as the the string of lies he kept on telling it was enough to convict him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

Does voting Sinn Fein automatically mean you support Garda killers now?

Damien360 wrote: »
    Agree with this. Surely he has a grounds for appeal and all the way to Supreme Court at that. No evidence whatsoever. He’s a scumbag and deserves to be taken off the streets but surely evidence is required for murder.

Thats it exactly......its same as the right wing lads explaining away killing george flyold coz he did drugs

Theres no sense to it

Just what i've heard from someone that would know that's all i can say.
    That's why i have to repeatedly ask what evidence makes people so sure he's guilty, all i'm getting is abuse, or end of story !
    I have no hidden agendas i just like to know the actual truth.

Have you brought this information that “someone in the know” told you to the attention of the Garda ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,883 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

BPKS wrote: »
    His mates who killed Jerry McCabe didn't serve 40 years anyway

They got off with manslaughter even though it was a clear case of capitol murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

a shinner bot !!
    I have never voted sinn fein in my life, and never will.

Of course you haven't. You need to be a real person not a Bot to actually vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,883 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

well you'd imagine finger prints on a gun, or someone actually seeing him shoot the thing would be enough to satisfy everyone.
    A drunken bravado chat in a pub, and a few disgruntled guards hearsay should not be enough imo and will be challenged.

Do you have some connection with this chap?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

He was found guilty by a jury of his peers in the Central Criminal Court.

I suspect that the members of the jury that found him guilty would take grave exception to being considered to be "his peers"!

yes IMO

It means you support a party that is happy to turn a blind eye to it, at worst

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭mikekerry

It's as plain as day he did it anyone with an ounce of sense wouldn't be questioning this verdict

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Thats it exactly......its same as the right wing lads explaining away killing george flyold coz he did drugs

Theres no sense to it

This is very dishonest.

George Floyd was summarily detained and kneeled on by Police until he died.

Aaron Brady fled the country shortly after murdering a Garda in the course of an armed robbery, boasted about it for years in the states, was arrested and deported from the US, given a full and fair trial here in one of the most accused-friendly criminal justice systems in the world, advanced a defence that admitted he was a lying criminal, and was after a long process designed to avoid wrongful convictions found guilty by a jury.

Maybe the prosecution was flawed. But until someone advances an argument better than "someone told me it wasn't him" or "the gang managed to dispose of the physical evidence so you're not allowed to find any of them guilty" then there is no reason to assume that it was flawed.

There is no comparison.

While this is some limited evidence....just think confession/eye witnesses are unreliable and think physical evìdence should be needed personally

Everyone,no matter how bad their character should be entitled to due process.....this conviction to me is unsafe to put someone away for 40 years

have you started your campaign yet or are you just harping on this single case as unsafe and maybe one other?

disingenuous to the last

touts wrote: »
    Based on rumours there will be a few interesting stories to come about links between him and some "good Republicans". That's why the Shinner Bots have been deployed to start questioning his conviction already.

Would be very interested if that were the case. I cant imagine you could rob the local credit union on the border without permission or approval but have not heard anything yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Short read but a good summary. I wonder did someone tip US Homeland security of his whereabouts or was this just bad luck on his part and how he ended up back in Ireland?

Aaron Brady: The low-level criminal who grew to wear murder of Adrian Donohoe like a badge of honour

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭White lighting

Have you a link to the father part please?

No link just a close relation who was in the bar at the time and witnessed it.

• Advertisement

It means you support a party that is happy to turn a blind eye to it, at worst

Actually they wouldn't agree to the "peace process" unless McCabe's killers were released

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement