Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Poster street cred

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

claw wrote: »
    I agree with ScummyMan, I had a top 3k season, and a top 10k season with a different e-mail address. There are some very good posters here who are consistent and have no agenda, who I would pay attention to regardless of ranking. The forum is excellent as it is for advice without paying attention to average ranking positions. At the end of the day, it is only advice and it is up to the player to do what he/she wants to do with it.

Well yeah. If someone takes and acts on advice which fails and then look down on who gave it. They obviously agreed with the advice so what are they on?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

A suggestion I had previously was for posters to put their FPL team ID in their sigs and then anyone if so desired they could check histories etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

KevIRL wrote: »
    A suggestion I had previously was for posters to put their FPL team ID in their sigs and then anyone if so desired they could check histories etc.

Very unfair for people to compare against you with your unlimited wildcards :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I've 3 top 10k finishes, very close to top 1k a couple of times. I've a tendency to make rash decisions at times, think that's the reason I've never cracked top 1k!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,765 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I’m laughing that there is a currently hugely escalated version of this on FPL twitter at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

CSF wrote: »
    I’m laughing that there is a currently hugely escalated version of this on FPL twitter at the moment.

Twitter could definitely do with it!

Where are you seeing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,765 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Green&Red wrote: »
    Twitter could definitely do with it!

Where are you seeing that?

There’s some lad FPL Raptor who has put himself forward as a content creator ‘providing psychological advice relating to FPL’.

Seems to have been popular enough in FPL twitter circles and gotten like a 6k follower count.

In a nutshell it has come out that the guy has never finished a full season of FPL and the conversation is varying between ‘this guy is a total fraud’ and ‘you don’t need a good OR to provide good advice’

My immediate memory was the conversation on here which to my mind related to people with an average history rather than none

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Two top 20k finishes and one top 50 finish in the last 5 seasons.

Two other top 100k finishes.

I don't really care who gives advice tbh. I take it at face value, consider it on it's own merits, and move on.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Two top 20k finishes and one top 50 finish in the last 5 seasons.

Two other top 100k finishes.

I don't really care who gives advice tbh. I take it at face value, consider it on it's own merits, and move on.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29mtd61slftet4mtbiox5jp0pcguqpyapfa30betw3&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Green&Red wrote: »
    giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29mtd61slftet4mtbiox5jp0pcguqpyapfa30betw3&rid=giphy.gif

Life was simpler.

No KDB really.
    Salah and Sterling permanently in the team.
    Utd with no decent assets.
    Captained Salah nearly every week.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    Life was simpler.

No KDB really.
    Salah and Sterling permanently in the team.
    Utd with no decent assets.
    Captained Salah nearly every week.

I remember following you that season

Advertisement