Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Midlands phased reopening.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

From MNSCI Facebook page
    Notice
    Midlands Shooting Centre is an outdoor amenity and can easily comply with the social distance requirements
    It will remain open and will comply with all covid 19 restrictions

Do these new restrictions restrict the range to 15 max, as in no more than 15 to gather, outdoors?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I'd imagine so. Haven't set foot in the place since February. Starting to wonder if i should sell my guns, and buy a nice car because at least i can watch it sit in the yard. :rolleyes:
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭alanmc

Cass wrote: »
    I'd imagine so. Haven't set foot in the place since February. Starting to wonder if i should sell my guns, and buy a nice car because at least i can watch it sit in the yard. :rolleyes:

That's weird. I'm thinking of selling my nice car (cos I can't fupping go anywhere) and buying another rifle. Maybe we could swap.

Its like when i was a kid, sitting in the car and making engine noises. :D

God, i'm bored.............................

What ya got btw?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Its like when i was a kid, sitting in the car and making engine noises. :D

God, i'm bored.............................

What ya got btw?

So, you have a choice.

A 09 Nissan 370Z .... which I love
    A 17 530D ... which I also love

I've changed my mind :)

• Advertisement

Sh********************************t

Was thinking for a minute you might be serious and was going to ask for pics of the 370.

Went to buy one back in 07. Decided to treat myself. Was €57,000 at the time and the price was going up the following year due to the new emissions thingy. Then common sense kicked in and when i realised i'd tear the sump out of her the first day i drive onto the site so i went for the jeep instead and ended up sinking a
    ton of money into it with new custom wheels, remapping, custom canopy, etc. Was a nice jeep but still missed having a car.

Sh********************************t

Was thinking for a minute you might be serious and was going to ask for pics of the 370.

Went to buy one back in 07. Decided to treat myself. Was €57,000 at the time and the price was going up the following year due to the new emissions thingy. Then common sense kicked in and when i realised i'd tear the sump out of her the first day i drive onto the site so i went for the jeep instead and ended up sinking a
    ton of money into it with new custom wheels, remapping, custom canopy, etc. Was a nice jeep but still missed having a car.

The 07 would have been the 350Z with the HR engine. Had one of those. Great car. Arguably better than the 370Z.

I toyed with the idea of buying something 4x4. LandCruiser maybe. But I (usually) spend most of my time commuting on the M4, so I went for the 530D instead. A motorway muncher if ever there was one.

You're right, it was the 350 and in black too. 3.5ltr, V6. Took it for a test drive and loved it. Althugh i do remember the pedal not going all the way down. Think they installed (not sure if it came that way) a physical blocker to stop potential messers from going too fast when test driving.

As for your ones, don't get me wrong the Beamer is gorgeous, but the 350 and 370 are just that something else.

Just after realising, what age do you have to be to qualify for mid life crisis? Mid 40s cut it? :D

Seriously nice motors.

You're right, it was the 350 and in black too. 3.5ltr, V6. Took it for a test drive and loved it. Althugh i do remember the pedal not going all the way down. Think they installed (not sure if it came that way) a physical blocker to stop potential messers from going too fast when test driving.

As for your ones, don't get me wrong the Beamer is gorgeous, but the 350 and 370 are just that something else.

Just after realising, what age do you have to be to qualify for mid life crisis? Mid 40s cut it? :D

Seriously nice motors.

Yeah, about mid-40's <whistle nonchalantly> :D

I often bring the '70 down to midlands. Well, I used to. I had to buy a rifle with a folding stock so it'd fit in the boot. Shows you where my priorities are. I've talked to other guys at the range who have bought vans to transport their rifles.

The stock Z cars restrict the throttle to 80% in 1st and 2nd gear. You can get that mapped out though.

Hope to get back to Midlands soon. I'm spending far too many weekends working lately.

alanmc wrote: »
    I'm spending far too many weekends working lately.
    Reminds me off my old boss on the roads:

"You'll earn loads of money, but have'll no time to spend it".

In this case it'll be no where to spend it. Lockdown my arse. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

alanmc wrote: »
    I often bring the '70 down to midlands. .

I've seen it, hell i've probably spoken to you.

Funny enough i had the same thoughts, how does this guy get his guns into the car. I remember on the test drive i asked about the boot size and he showed me, what on any other car would be the the back window shelf, and said thats it.

Funny enough i had the same thoughts, how does this guy get his guns into the car. I remember on the test drive i asked about the boot size and he showed me, what on any other car would be the the back window shelf, and said thats it.

A long gun with a folding stock in a soft slip just about fits. I would have loved to have gone all custom with a PSE stock, but .... boot space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

Will we ever see an end to this virus ? The second wave is upon us and the rest of Europe. No end in sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

tudderone wrote: »
    Will we ever see an end to this virus ? The second wave is upon us and the rest of Europe. No end in sight.

This is only foreplay. The second wave hasn't hit properly yet. Wait until the Winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,950 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Wouldn't be planning much until about 2024 meself.But you can be assured a few things will NEVER come back to normal.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Elderly woman who lives next door just taken away in an ambulance. The ambulance men before they took her away, disappeared into the ambulance and reappeared dressed like spacemen. Her husband reckoned it could be the dreaded lurgy !

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Wouldn't be planning much until about 2024 meself.But you can be assured a few things will NEVER come back to normal.

Its a poor do when you cannot even go to the range :(

Notification from the MNSCI within the last hour.

NOTICE
    Recent announcement regarding the lifting of lockdown in Laois and Offaly with immediate effect Unfortunately Kildare remains in lockdown .

All competitions this weekend are cancelled .
    New dates will be arranged as soon as possible .
    We believe in the interest of fairness that our matches should rcommence when members and competitors from all counties in the island of Ireland are free to travel to the range.

I would like to thank all of you for your patience . At least we were able to keep the range open over the last few weeks for our Offaly members .
    I thank them sincerely for their recent support.

I understand what’s it’s like to be one of a few counties in a lockdown and I wish a speedy exit for our KIldare members and friends and I so look forward to seeing you all back on the range enjoying your sport

Very important to note the following ;

If you wish to attend the range at ant time you MUST book by text to JP on 0868232641 . You will receive a confirmation text if range is available.

It is important to text name , membership number date , time , range or ranges you wish to use Each member is responsible for their own booking .

PLEASE PLEASE if you are not coming it is imperative that you notify your cancellation by text immediately. This is to ensure that there is fairness for everyone and all can be accommodated.

Please remember that the range will be strictly compliant with all covid 19 restrictions and social distancing.
    Strictly no entrance to range reception without a mask
    Please use hand sanitizers that are available throughout the ranges.
    Tea and coffee facilities are not available at this time so please bring your own refreshments and all litter to be brought home for disposal

Hope to see you all soon
    Please stay safe everyone
    Jp

Moved all Mask/virus talk to off topic thread.

Advertisement