Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coronavirus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

And as I said in another reply, causation and correlation are two different things; i.e. one may have a healthier society that still has a high fertility rate.
    Do you have any reason or evidence to show that vaccines reduce fertility?
    I find the desire of a very wealthy individual for poor people to have fewer children suspicious.
    But that's another misrepresentation on your part that springs from some rather silly conspiracy theories.
    Characterizing his efforts and position as "wanting poor people to have fewer children" is wrong on every level.
    I'm not generally against vaccination technology but a vaccine could be created which might affect fertility even just completely unintentionally. People, including scientists, make mistakes.
    And a vaccine could be created to turn people purple, even unintentionally.
    What's your point here?
    Do you believe that there are vaccines that reduce fertility?

It can't be unintentional if you are claiming that Bill Gates's intention is to make people less fertile. That's a contradiction.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Isn't this like the Notre Dame conspiracy thread, pedantic/contrarian views with few or no conspiracy theories

Perhaps it's the new trend

I think that it's so that people can sound informed and pretend that they are in the know.
    They can fire off a few knowledgeable sounding factoids and a few sly implications. But examine any of those, or ask for my details, then things get a bit uncomfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Titclamp wrote: »
    Ooh, my little Wuhan one, viral one
    Coming to congest my lungs, ay Corona...
    Wheooo
    Class song by the LA crew the Knack, and the video is a belter too, 30yrs+ (1979) timeless hit!

n.b. Although this probably alerted someone's pager, there is no conspiracy to that simple statement, so please, don't someone else bombard me with a dozen or more questions as to it's meaning, or bring up the NotreDam, or niche religions and so on thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 IconAssassin

Level 4 BioLab Wuhan

In 2015, the Institute opened the first biosafety level 4 (BSL–4) laboratory to be built in mainland China.

Extract from wiki page (can't post link - new member)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,747 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

• Advertisement

Class song by the LA crew the Knack, and the video is a belter too, 30yrs+ (1979) timeless hit!

n.b. Although this probably alerted someone's pager, there is no conspiracy to that simple statement, so please, don't someone else bombard me with a dozen or more questions as to it's meaning, or bring up the NotreDam, or niche religions and so on thanks.
    So given that you've ignored my question after I directly addressed yours, I can only assume that you don't have a coherent conspiracy theory to present.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 17,747 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Interesting how these things are often presented in a distorted manner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Interesting how these things are often presented in a distorted manner

Never let facts get in the way of a good story?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

Re Bill Gates and vaccines; there are clips of him seemingly linking vaccines and a reduction in population growth.

How does he do this? Perhaps he believes that vaccinating people in the third world provides an opportunity to educate them about contraception. Come for your vaccine and there will be posters on display showing the benefits of a smaller family and how that can be achieved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Its funny that people think Bill Gates is a genocidal maniac.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

I’m surprised this isn’t here already.. but do people actually believe this started with some clown eating a bat???

Do you mean this thread or the virus?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Emme wrote: »
    How does he do this? Perhaps he believes that vaccinating people in the third world provides an opportunity to educate them about contraception. Come for your vaccine and there will be posters on display showing the benefits of a smaller family and how that can be achieved.

This has been explained several times now - with references.

When childhood mortality rates are lowered, through better healthcare (which may include vaccines for common childhood diseases among other things), people tend to have fewer children. Because fewer of their children will die in childhood. This is an observed fact.

If you can't understand this, then I suggest that formulating conspiracy theories about Bill Gates's attempts to reduce world population is not a good use of your time.

The Nal wrote: »
    Its funny that people think Bill Gates is a genocidal maniac.
    As far as can tell it's only you keeps making this (repeated) particular unfunny reference to Mr.Gates as being some, 'maniac'.
    Do you not like him, are you a Mac only user, and do you view Windows users (maybe Vista OS) as maniacs?

Others have suggested things such as enhancing healthcare (through vax) to prevent having too many children, better health means less reliance on offspring volume for survival. Hardly a maniac.

I don't think he had anything whatsoever to do with the origins latest flu, and have never implied such.
    However... now that it is/has happened, and now appears to be heading pandemic.
    Perhaps he is simply now being overly 'opportunistic' be that financially, egotistical, or otherwise.

He was very quick to throw 10m 100m at COVID19, even before the WHO elevated the risk level, maybe he just had a big heart with too much money.
    He is no longer the richest chap in the world, why didn't the Amazn lad throw a few hundred million (or more) at it also.

It's more of a 'curiousity', than a conspiracy, as to why a nerdy computer software/chip/hardware guy, is so heavily involved in widespread, global, injectable health vaccines.

There was just a biochemist on the news talking about horse racing, and he said he'd been over and back to China a few times over the last year about the Corona virus..

It's more of a 'curiousity', than a conspiracy, as to why a nerdy computer software/chip/hardware guy, is so heavily involved in widespread, global, injectable health vaccines.
    Why, in your opinion is he being so "heavily involved"?
    Do you have any evidence that he is profiting from his investment in developing a vaccine for Corona virus?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I’ve read (no idea where) that China created and released the virus in reaction to the rioting in HK (which I’m assuming has died a death since this thing exploded.) Mission accomplished methinks.

King Mob wrote: »
    Why, in your opinion is he being so "heavily involved"?
    (In the vaccine), Not the actual flu, as you may be trying to imply for enhanced dramatic effect, or some type of conspiracy perhaps.

Would you consider throwing $100m at it (vaccine), as not being involved?
    Has he not been involved in organising or funding various vaccines before? Are you not aware of this?
    Do you have any evidence that he is profiting from his investment in developing a vaccine for Corona virus?

Your single suggestion that he may only be profiting, could certainly be one option.

Have also mentioned however, that it could also be for egotistical reasons (enhancement of ego), perhaps he views himself as some sort of saviour I.e. saviour complex?

No idea if he religous or not, so if not doing/supporting such vaccine work for some higher power, is he doing it for himself, someone else, or just because he's a great all-round humanitarian and people-person?

The move from nerdy technology (software/hardware/chips etc) towards healthcare, specifically towards injectable vaccines is somewhat curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,535 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I’ve read (no idea where) that China created and released the virus in reaction to the rioting in HK (which I’m assuming has died a death since this thing exploded.) Mission accomplished methinks.

Heard this also

(In the vaccine), Not the actual flu, as you may be trying to imply for enhanced dramatic effect, or some type of conspiracy perhaps.

Has he not been involved in organising or funding various vaccines before? Are you not aware of this?

Your single suggestion that he may only be profiting, could certainly be one option.

Have also mentioned however, that it could also be for egotistical reasons (enhancement of ego), perhaps he views himself as some sort of saviour I.e. saviour complex?

No idea if he religous or not, so if not doing/supporting such vaccine work for some higher power, is he doing it for himself, someone else, or just because he's a great all-round humanitarian and people-person?

The move from nerdy technology (software/hardware/chips etc) towards healthcare, specifically towards injectable vaccines is somewhat curious.

Whatever the reasons for him donating over 30 billion to charity over the years, saving an immeasurable amount of lives, its probably for his own personal gain and hence, worthy of suspicion.

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »
    Whatever the reasons for him donating over 30 billion to charity over the years, saving an immeasurable amount of lives, its probably for his own personal gain and hence, worthy of suspicion.
    As a business person, profit (or success) could certainly be overbearing factor.

The only other possibility outside of profit, goodwill, higher calling, ego and so on and on, might be the combination of his vast technical (software/hardware) expertise and resources with mass vaccine programmes.

Not sure how this would work, or if its even possible (to combine the two). E.g. Could some miniturised technology (sub-grain of rice size) be combined wtih a vaccine? Who knows.

The future of healthcare (5/10/20yrs) may well involve wearable or body implantable technology, for monitoring and thus healthcare enhancement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

Yes I came across that too. Good logic if China are as ruthless as they meant to be.

Yes. I asked you why he you think he was heavily involved and why you think that?
    Yes, and it's the only one that would warrant any kind of suspicion worthy of mention in a conspiracy theory forum.
    You have no evidence that he does profit, therefore we can exclude that along with the idea he's trying to depopulate the world.
    Therefore there is no conspiracy here.

And this is all pure speculation that's highly biased.
    And that's both inaccurate and very reductive.

Why do you keep pointing out "injectable" vaccines and refering to them as "vax"?
    This seems to be the language used by those who subscribe to anti vaccination theories. Do you subscribe to such theories?

This was less than 48 hours ago.

Hong Kong police fire tear gas as black-clad protesters return to streets

Hong Kong police fired tear gas on Saturday to disperse hundreds of black-clad protesters, some armed with petrol bombs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Heard this also

You’re both wrong. I heard it was created by George Soros.

Yes. I asked you why he you think he was heavily involved and why you think that?
    (In vaccines), already said why it's clear, that he funds vaccine programmes.
    Again are you not aware of this by now? As you weren't aware of it a few pages back and seemed like fresh news to you then.
    Yes, and it's the only one that would warrant any kind of suspicion worthy of mention in a conspiracy theory forum. You have no evidence that he does profit therefore we can exclude that along with the idea he's trying to depopulate the world. Therefore there is no conspiracy here.

Depopulate the saaay waaa?
    Why do you bring this strange 'population' related conspiracy up, do you believe in this wild stuff?

This is highly baised for people like you to keep suggesting, indeed very wrong and indeed speculative.
    For the record, really can't say I'd share this viewpoint or agenda.

Can a 'desire to profit or even ego-boost, under the guise of goodwill' not be a curiosity in itself, worthy of discussion?
    Can profit never be a future intention, a long-term goal if you will? You can't prove a future profit as it doesn't exist yet, thus it's a 'theory' by it's very nature, see?
    Do you wish to close this 'theory' thread, as it has too many theories?
    Why do you keep pointing out "injectable" vaccines and refering to them as "vax"?This seems to be the language used by those who subscribe to anti vaccination theories. Do you subscribe to such theories?
    Do you think they are effective if not injected, like swallowed or something?
    Have you heard of the term abbreviation, it's whereby a shortened term is used?

Has anyone here claimed to be anti-vax (as you call it)?
    Again vaccines may be very useful, going forward, for healthcare monitoring if they can be somehow combined with technology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Lord Fairlord

Do you have any reason or evidence to show that vaccines reduce fertility?

But that's another misrepresentation on your part that springs from some rather silly conspiracy theories.
    Characterizing his efforts and position as "wanting poor people to have fewer children" is wrong on every level.

And a vaccine could be created to turn people purple, even unintentionally.
    What's your point here?
    Do you believe that there are vaccines that reduce fertility?

It can't be unintentional if you are claiming that Bill Gates's intention is to make people less fertile. That's a contradiction.

Quote from you, "Vaccines do not affect fertility rates." The point that I was trying to make was that we don't know that there isn't a bad batch of vaccines that does this, for example.

No, I don't know for sure what Bill Gates' intention is. I'm suspicious and I'm giving my suspicion but there's a good chance that isn't his intention and I hope that is the case.

(In vaccines), already said why it's clear, that he funds vaccine programmes.
    Again are you not aware of this by now? As you weren't aware of it a few pages back and seemed like fresh news to you then.
    You are misunderstanding my question.
    I'm asking you what you believe is Bill Gate's motive for funding vaccine research (among other things).
    Depopulate the saaay waaa?
    Why do you bring this strange 'population' related conspiracy up, do you believe in this wild stuff?
    It's a common conspiracy theory promoted in many places, including here in this forum.
    Can a 'desire to profit or even ego-boost, under the guise of goodwill' not be a curiosity in itself, worthy of discussion?
    Sure, but why in the conspiracy theory forum? :confused:
    Do you think they are effective if not injected, like swallowed or something?
    Why do you refer to them as "injectable" vaccines rather than just "vaccines"?
    It's a bit redundant to refer to them as such especially since you are concerned with brevity:
    Have you heard of the term abbreviation, it's whereby a shortened term is used?
    Has anyone here claimed to be anti-vax (as you call it)?
    Again, it's a common conspiracy theory that has been claimed here on this forum.

So I think it's pretty clear that you have no conspiracy theory to present and no point to make.

You are misunderstanding my question.
    I'm asking you what you believe is Bill Gate's motive for funding vaccine research (among other things).
    I mentioned (again) various possibilities ranging from: profit-making, ego-boosts, or humanitarian actions under some other guise (maybe a future business opportunity) etc.

Perhaps a future enterprise whereby his software skills could be combined with vaccines, if that's even possible: it would be an ideal mix of software and vaccines, don't you think?

Again it's curious a computer guy is now a healthcare guy. If your mechanic suddenly became a florist... be like: like what's the story.

Also, only you and perhaps one of two others keeps bringing up all this population stuff, almost like a disturbing fetish. I've never mentioned it once confused.png which only adds to the mystery.
    Why do you refer to them as "injectable" vaccines rather than just "vaccines"?
    It's a bit redundant to refer to them as such especially since you are concerned with brevity:.
    Why do some people skip when they walk, habit perhaps. Once knew a chap that instead of saying where's me 'hat', he said where's me 'cap', mad funny eh?
    Again, it's a common conspiracy theory that has been claimed here on this forum.
    Again, some people, somewhere else, doing something different appears to be trying to get crowbared right in here.

That sounds like an kingmob-boards tabloid agenda, does it not?
    So I think it's pretty clear that you have no conspiracy theory to present and no point to make.
    So I think it's pretty clear that any theories here as to ulterior motives, will not be considered as theories, unless they're super juicey, dark, fetish-like, or just wacko wacko.

• Advertisement

Again it's curious a computer guy is now a healthcare guy. If you're mechanic suddenly became a florist... be like: like what's the story.
    It's curious only if you're implying a conspiracy.
    If you bring Bill Gates up on a thread about conspiracies on a conspiracy theory forum, it looks like you are implying a conspiracy.
    But since you are not, and have no point, best to leave it there.

Advertisement