Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MotoGP, Superbikes and Road Racing 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Infoanon wrote: »
    IF Yamaha decide to run 2 bikes then Jorge should be riding .
    I think they have to as per regulations. Not sure what the deadline is though as regards this weekend but they'll certainly have to have someone for next weekend.

This mornings schedule delayed due to it being only 7C on track.

In other news... Danilo's been stung on the face by a wasp and it's caused his whole face to swell. It won't effect his weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Scotty # wrote: »
    I think they have to as per regulations. Not sure what the deadline is though as regards this weekend but they'll certainly have to have someone for next weekend.

This mornings schedule delayed due to it being only 7C on track.

I think they are allowed miss 3 races before having to run a bike - from a championship point of view it's one less bike to take points of Mir and Dovi

Yamaha take top 3 spots in FP1. Vinales fastest (shocker!). AM 4th!

Ducati all in 2nd half. Possible due to temps still below 14C. I'd expect this to change in mid day sun when temps much higher. Sunday expected to be 20C.

This will be the first time in years that there's no Champion on the grid. Also, no previous Aragon winner on the grid.

I think they are allowed miss 3 races before having to run a bike - from a championship point of view it's one less bike to take points of Mir and Dovi

Yamaha have confirmed they won't be replacing Rossi for Aragon and are hoping he's back for Valentia. If not, they likely won't be calling on Lorenzo... "In the test at Portimao, Lorenzo has shown that he needs to spend more time on track. He spent so much time off it, he lost his pace and his braking. If Vale cannot be fit for Valencia 1, we have time to find out another solution" - Massimo Meregalli

Arbolino out now too after a passenger on his flight tested positive.

• Advertisement

Zarco and Rabat the fastest Ducatis in FP2.....

Yamaha , Honda and Suzuki setting the pace with Aleix doing miracles on the Aprilla as usual and Pol showing pace on the KTM

What has happened to Ducati? They were very fast here last year and the year before?

What has happened to Ducati? They were very fast here last year and the year before?

Tyres ? , Ducati managements over reliance on aero results and ignoring rider feedback.

Hodgie and Huewen highlighting Peccos struggles and the fact that he was supposed to be the rider that had solved the Ducatis problems according to Ducati management.
    (they where taking a shot at Ducati )

Schedule change again for this week due to the cold weather.

Sunday (Irish times):
    Moto3: 11:00
    Moto 2: 12:20
    MotoGP: 14:00

This is subject to further change!

Unfortunately it now clashes with the WSB.

I'm surprised they pushed it and hour later and not an hour sooner (as they did at Le Mans). 3pm local time now for the main race which could lead to track temps considerably cooling as tires wear off at the same time.

Big highside for Fabio this morning. Spent some time in the medic centre. Says he's OK but is using a crutch to walk.

• Advertisement

Big highside for Fabio this morning. Spent some time in the medic centre. Says he's OK but is using a crutch to walk.

Declared fit. Some craziness in Moto 3 quali - expect penalties

? Slipstreams? The only session I didn't watch!

Marquez has found his mojo!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Great first few Laps from Rea.

Any word on what Eugene Laverty is doing next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭legrand

Any word on what Eugene Laverty is doing next year?

Word is BMW may run a satilite team tbc. Maybe BSB?

legrand wrote: »
    Word is BMW may run a satilite team tbc. Maybe BSB?

I think he is past it now. Hasn't really done much to warrant a ride at world level for a while now. Better let some young gun have a go.

He'd struggle in bsb too.

Gerloff is impressing me now. Rumour that Cameron beaubier (sp?) is going to moto2 to roberts ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Magown3

I think he is past it now. Hasn't really done much to warrant a ride at world level for a while now. Better let some young gun have a go.

He'd struggle in bsb too.

Unfortunately I think you're correct. Big fan of Laverty and really enjoyed watching him in Supersport and then the early years in WSBK when he was winning on the Aprilia. He had a lot of momentum behind him back then and probably shouldn't have gone for a second rate ride in MotoGP.
    Had he stayed in WSBK, what might have been.

Also, I was only thinking of this recently. During his time of success, wasn't Phil Marron his chief engineer (or whatever you call them). Phil now works with Toprak who won today's race and has been doing great things ever since he was joined by Phil. So it got me thinking, was a lot of Eugene's success partially down to Phil?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

This is getting interesting.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement

Don’t read any further if you’re avoiding spoilers.

That was an awesome race. Great podium. I’m delighted for Alex Marquez. He has far too many naysayers for the skill he actually has. No matter how good and strong you are it must be tough to go out and ride well with all the put downs.
    And as a Rossi fan I’m meant to “hate” anything Marquez.

Three fabulous races today - 4 races to go and all the championships wide open

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

what a race!!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Magown3

Can't believe the twists in this Championship.

Leader of the championship hasn't won a race.

Rider in 5th position in the championship and 29 points down, well in contention, has never scored a MotoGP podium (I think).

Any predictions for next week? Any of the double-headers always throw up a completely different win, so I"m gonna go with Pol for the win!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

[quote="Magown3;114969560"

Any predictions for next week? Any of the double-headers always throw up a completely different win, so I"m gonna go with Pol for the win![/quote]

Any weather forcasts for next weekend, hopefully the Suzuki's keep it up, Irish engineering brains behind that bike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Irish engineering brains behind that bike

What's the story there?

christy c wrote: »
    What's the story there?

Irish man Tom O’Kane has been with Suzuki MotoGP for a long time. Electronics are his specialty.

I wonder can Dovi turn things around and take the title. I’d hate this to be his last chance and blow it.

Dovi was (again ) the highest Ducati finisher.

Whats happened to Bagnia? , factory contract signed and he had dissappeared.

Only one factory Yamaha next week again - third best bike today.

Controversy in Moto 3 - Stewards need to be consistent

Outstanding performance from Alex Marquez again.

It's Mir's championship to lose now but I won't like to see him win it without winning a race.

Dovi's missed his chance unless he can be very strong in all 4 remaining races, which I doubt (but hope he can). Petrucci's antics in Q1 didn't help.

Controversy in Moto 3 - Stewards need to be consistent
    The 'penalties' are a joke!! Deducting Free Practice time, for people who are on their FOURTH offence!! How is that going to stop them?

1st offence - back of the grid, 2nd - deduct points, 3rd - disqualify. That'll stop them.

For those that missed it...

https://twitter.com/MotoGP/status/1317434786714161152

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭legrand

^^^

All naughty boys but my guess most (if challenged) would claim they slowed down 'cos all the other bike ahead slowed and they did it for safety reasons!!

Imagine a class-room full of kids and race-direction giving up with a wag of the finger and a - "right, just don't do that again" :)

Moto3 - great entertainment as usual

Advertisement