Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Washington Commanders thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Your best bets are either fansedge or footballfanatics. Both American websites but have decent postage rates

Cheers jack they both look like good sites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Nice that the re-signed Fred Davis for next season. I know he's had his problems but he's still nice to have around.

Rg3 sells the most jerseys in nfl history and here i was thinkig we had no fans HTTR!!

Top 5 teams with shirt sales were 49rs,ravens,giants,redskins,and steelers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

shamrock55 wrote: »

Really? Would of expected the Cowboys (America's team -PUKE) to be in there. No Green Bay either.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

Rg3 sells the most jerseys in nfl history and here i was thinkig we had no fans HTTR!!

His tweets are horrid, Ive unfollowed him.............................Im Redskins since 1982

Redskins are great in March. They normally win the 'off season' and they now sell the most jerseys. Pity this doesn't translate to playing games in late January/early February

His tweets are horrid, Ive unfollowed him.............................Im Redskins since 1982

In what way im not on twitter so wouldnt know??

5 games on prime time next season. Add in 1 or2 on Sky which will be blacked out means it's probably not worth my while signing up for Gamepass again this season. Last season was my first time subscribing and I enjoyed it but I didn't watch much else other than the games so with only 9-10 games available, it'll be very expensive to get it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 pepperfoot

little late - im not a redskin fan but i love rG3 - he has a bright future in the game and im looking forward to see him in action in his second season .

• Advertisement

What...????? You mean you're not hooked on such gems as "Hope gives us a purpose...Hope keeps us stable...Hope leads to intimacy with God"?

I hope 6th round draftee Rambo makes the team. It'll do wonders for jersey selling if nothing else.

An identical thing to what Matt Harvey of the NY Mets did on Jimmy Fallon's show recently but funny nonetheless, especially the last girl he interviews.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9NHRBsZdGc&feature=youtu.be

Very good but how did that girl not recognise him:D

Nice pre season win at home to the steelers 24-13, kirk cousins injured his foot though at 7-3 so mr grossman got a turn to shine:D alot of turnovers too 4-3, next up buffalo on sat;)

Nice pre season win at home to the steelers 24-13, kirk cousins injured his foot though at 7-3 so mr grossman got a turn to shine:D alot of turnovers too 4-3, next up buffalo on sat;)

I didn't see the game so don't know how nice it was but I do know it will have zero relevance to what happens against the Eagles in week 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

I didn't see the game so don't know how nice it was but I do know it will have zero relevance to what happens against the Eagles in week 1.

It might if RG3 isn't ready and Cousins is hurting.

davyjose wrote: »
    It might if RG3 isn't ready and Cousins is hurting.

Cousins is alright apparently but I think RGIII will play so I don't think they'll have to resort to RGI like they do tonight. Leaving the QB issue aside, there is very little to be learned from preseason games generally with the amount of reps the proposed starters get which was the point i was trying to make in my previous post. I know people get excited about the 3rd preseason game but even that will be forgotten about once week 1 comes about.

I heard Snyder is letting the doctor make the call on whether RG3 starts or not. And he's apparently one of the leading experts on the knee in the world. So he won't be easily coerced by Shanahan. If RG3's knee goes, so does his reputation.

True about preseason not mattering, but it's good to get an idea of where your team is at?

• Advertisement

I know in going against everything I said in my earlier post but the amount of penalties the Redskins are giving up this preseason is ridiculous and that's something they better sort out before the Eagles game.

And preseason or not, Rex Grossman is not an NFL QB

• Registered Users Posts: 39,415 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I heard Snyder is letting the doctor make the call on whether RG3 starts or not. And he's apparently one of the leading experts on the knee in the world. So he won't be easily coerced by Shanahan. If RG3's knee goes, so does his reputation.

True about preseason not mattering, but it's good to get an idea of where your team is at?

Yeah dr James Andrews is the guy that did the surgery on RGIII. The man is a genius really and if he says no then that a no.

And preseason or not, Rex Grossman is not an NFL QB

Not watching but his stats look good. 116 QB rating. You're spoilt dude ;)

Not watching but his stats look good. 116 QB rating. You're spoilt dude ;)

Bad passes straight into the arms of the opposition that are dropped don't show up in the stats! He had a particularly bad one earlier. And some of his incompletions were no where near the intended receivers.

Bad passes straight into the arms of the opposition that are dropped don't show up in the stats! He had a particularly bad one earlier. And some of his incompletions were no where near the intended receivers.

Sounds like ol' Rexy alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Adam Schefter tweeting that Pat White deserves a spot on the 53

I hadn't realized he was back in football. :confused: Last I heard he left football to go play professional baseball and the Dolphins had wasted a valuable second round pick.

Will the Redskins cut Grossman and carry White as the 3rd QB?

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Adam Schefter tweeting that Pat White deserves a spot on the 53

I hadn't realized he was back in football. :confused: Last I heard he left football to go play professional baseball and the Dolphins had wasted a valuable second round pick.

Will the Redskins cut Grossman and carry White as the 3rd QB?

I'd love it if they did but I can't see it happening. The shanahans seem to like Grossman a lot (what are they seeing that the rest of us aren't?). If they did cut him it would mean 2 backups with very little experience and that's about the only thing Rex has going for him. He is awful though, painful to watch. With Rex, you're always only one play away from a bad interception or fumble.

Another preseason win at fedex against the bills 30-7, grossman threw for 170yrd completing 11 from 21 passes including a 7yrd td for garcon, pat white then replaced him not sure when though(wasnt watching it) and went 7 for 14 for 96yrds including a 14yrd td
    Rg3 was fully kitted out on the sideline this time though without his "operation patience" t-shirt:D HTTR!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,415 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Cousins is alright apparently but I think RGIII will play so I don't think they'll have to resort to RGI like they do tonight. Leaving the QB issue aside, there is very little to be learned from preseason games generally with the amount of reps the proposed starters get which was the point i was trying to make in my previous post. I know people get excited about the 3rd preseason game but even that will be forgotten about once week 1 comes about.

I didn't think godell was in game shape.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I didn't think godell was in game shape.

Nah, Rex Grossman is RGI

Advertisement