Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Request for Information

Options
  • 18-02-2005 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭

I would like to hear from people who remember the following weather events in Ireland and to compile their memories in this thread, please specify where you livbe or lived then...

EVENT ONE: July 25th/26th 1985:

Severe thunderstorms over Laois, possibly more of Ireland too.

EVENT TWO: December 20th 1995 to January 12th 1996:

Severe wintry spell over Laois, probably much of Ireland too.

I look forward to reading!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

EVENT ONE: July 25th/26th 1985:

Severe thunderstorms over Laois, possibly more of Ireland too.

I was onboard a train travelling from Dublin to Limerick. The storm occoured between 10 and 11 am. I can remember the streetlights being on when we went through Kildare railway station, Portarlington Portlaoise and Templemore. because it was so dark. The sky was dark green.

At one point the train had to stop until the storm eased somewhat.

I was ten years old at the time and scared ****tles at the time. that much I can remember.

There was more thunder that night

althoguh i thought that storm was in June and not july. but I do remember it. July could also have been the right date for it

Advertisement