Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Sheffield United's Norwegian beanpole Sander Berge coming in at 5m.

Richarlison 8m forward. Not really interested personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Hard pass

• Registered Users Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Anyone know if he took frees/corners/pens for his former club ?

He scored 3 penalties in the Bundesliga & 2 in the CL last (this?) season.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,603 ✭✭✭✭CSF

titan18 wrote: »
    Then for consistency, Rashford should go to midfield

No, not really for me. Do we change a players position every time they play a few months in a bit of a different role? If Rashford plays a full season wide now, then I think the sample size becomes big enough to make the change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

A big no no unless Everton have easy fixtures first 2 weeks before the big hitters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Pulisic looks good at 8m

The doorbell 8.5

Pulisic 8 million. Look at them helping us save a few quid for TAA’s eventual 10 million release

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭titan18

CSF wrote: »
    No, not really for me. Do we change a players position every time they play a few months in a bit of a different role? If Rashford plays a full season wide now, then I think the sample size becomes big enough to make the change.

Tbf Salah plays even further forward than Rashford most of the time do I don't see why Rashford should be s forward. No reason United should have 3 forwards in their front 3 and Liverpool or City only have one.

I think it's generally based on where the player has played for the majority of the previous season.

• Advertisement

Tbf Salah plays even further forward than Rashford most of the time do I don't see why Rashford should be s forward. No reason United should have 3 forwards in their front 3 and Liverpool or City only have one.

Rashford has been a traditional number 9 until relatively recently. Salah has never been a traditional number 9. The FPL distinction between midfielder and forward has typically been whether a guy is a typical number 9.

Harry Kane will have had a deeper heat map than most wide strikers this year, but he’s a traditional number 9 by trade so it would take a lot for anything to ever come of that.

For me, Rashford and Auba should probably be similar.

I think it's generally based on where the player has played for the majority of the previous season.

Without having a gigantic study with statistics in front of me, my perception has been that it’s taken a bit longer than that, unless it’s a quite clear one, which neither Rashford or Auba are.

A midfielder playing in defence and vice versa, is a bit different to blurring the lines between wide striker and striker in increasing fluid offensive setups.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Fitz* wrote: »
    Werner is a nice price IMO.

Hit and miss how these players start tho. Agreed its a god price if he starts on form

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Rashford has been a traditional number 9 until relatively recently. Salah has never been a traditional number 9. The FPL distinction between midfielder and forward has typically been whether a guy is a typical number 9.

Harry Kane will have had a deeper heat map than most wide strikers this year, but he’s a traditional number 9 by trade so it would take a lot for anything to ever come of that.

For me, Rashford and Auba should probably be similar.

Sterling has played as the no 9 and sole striker at City and is down as a midfielder tbf.

I think Auba might have played too much there last year to make the leap, but I don't see how Rashford or greenwood would be marked as forwards instead of mids considering they've rarely played there

Sterling has played as the no 9 and sole striker at City and is down as a midfielder tbf.

I think Auba might have played too much there last year to make the leap, but I don't see how Rashford or greenwood would be marked as forwards instead of mids considering they've rarely played there

Greenwood’s football pre-COVID was fairly central from what I saw. My personal opinion on Rashford would be that after 4 years of a central striker, I wouldn’t be moving to midfielder because he has had 1 year as a wide striker. If he had a year as a midfielder I’d be perfectly comfortable with it, but given the line is blurry to begin with, I’d be looking for bigger sample sizes to change it.

They may well go ahead with it considering all the Twitter talk. It won’t stress my life too much either way to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Can't believe Pulisic is 8m. I quite like Werner's price too so might be a double up depending on what opening fixtures are like.

manual_man wrote: »
    Can't believe Pulisic is 8m. I quite like Werner's price too so might be a double up depending on what opening fixtures are like.

That tweet has been deleted so maybe it is too good to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

That tweet has been deleted so maybe it is too good to be true.

https://twitter.com/OfficialFPL/status/1294348197830115328?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Me all day.

4bhfbw.jpg

£8.5m is still a good price. My guess is Ziyech will be the same

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be surprised if you're right, but feel like he shouldn't be.

Isn't Ziyech in around the same spot now that Pulisic was in when he joined? The Eredivisie record in the Premier League is not frequently a smooth transition but it would appear that his social media popularity among FPLers will probably see him higher than he might have been otherwise.

Maybe the right middle ground would be an even 8?

8m would be a little more tempting alright. Though would still be risky compared to Pulisic who's shown he can do the business

• Registered Users Posts: 34 FPL_Junior

I think they’ll make Pulisic slightly more with Ziyech being a slight unknown. If they’re the same I suspect everyone will be on Pulisic.

Chris Wood 6.5 as expected.

Chris Wood 6.5 as expected.

It’s an appealing set and forget I think if he can stay fit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭macraignil

1294318113958354945?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Eembeddedtimeline%7Ctwterm%5Eprofile%3AOfficialFPL&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ffantasy.premierleague.com%2F

FPL site is showing a twitter message saying Ings is at 8.5mill.

Think I'll be putting him in my team at that price.

macraignil wrote: »
    1294318113958354945?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Eembeddedtimeline%7Ctwterm%5Eprofile%3AOfficialFPL&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ffantasy.premierleague.com%2F

FPL site is showing a twitter message saying Ings is at 8.5mill.

Think I'll be putting him in my team at that price.

I’m worried that it’s a lot for a Southampton striker. He might regress towards the mean.

No chance Ings is worth 8.5M imo. He won't got near those numbers again. Also he was terrible before the Covid break. The break did him well and he started banging again

No chance Ings is worth 8.5M imo. He won't got near those numbers again. Also he was terrible before the Covid break. The break did him well and he started banging again

I don’t think he needs to reach those numbers again to be worth 8.5 though. Much depends how sharp the decline is. If he was on pens I’d be much more likely to consider it but I think I’ll avoid.

• Advertisement

I don’t think he needs to reach those numbers again to be worth 8.5 though. Much depends how sharp the decline is. If he was on pens I’d be much more likely to consider it but I think I’ll avoid.

Richarlison at 8.0 I think is a much better option and I want neither personally.

Good point on him not reaching those numbers.

Advertisement