Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

So are you single? Argos style....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

flazio wrote: »
    What kind of online videos do you be watching?

There are some "opportunities" you should never take advantage of when looking for a partner, this is one of them.

T'was a joke buddy... wind your neck back in! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

using somebody's contact details you got from working with their info to ask them out after meeting them once is insane behaviour.

insane.

trying to handwave that away as if its normal is ridiculous

I.. I..... Cannot finish my post.
    Your reply gave me mental anguish, now I feel unsafe.

Am gonna sue the hole off you ... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,178 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When people do this they either end up telling the story for years to come as the hilarious and romantic way they met or one of them gets very offended by it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

She wont answer the door in her nightgear again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Oberkon

All I can think of is this scene from fletch

https://youtu.be/OQPgJ21MPxU

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I don't think most lads appreciate how scary some behaviour can seem, even if from an outsiders perspective it doesn't appear particularly threatening.

Like, this guy went to her home, then swiped her number off the order info and texted her later. Most of the time if you reject a stranger who asks you out they don't know where you live. Even leaving aside the data protection and corporate policy issues, we have absolutely no idea how he came across to her in person, she might have had every reason to be afraid of what he'd do. Even if he was completely pleasant and they got along well that's weird stalker behaviour.

My wife and her friends would have a good laugh if this happened to any of them

But that's older women for you

Not like today's breed of absolute morons

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

I read the text and he sounds thirsty. But I kinda feel sorry for him and his innocent way of basically asking her for a date. I don't like the way it has exploded in on top of him. And all because she wanted fb to know before the relevant complaints department.. actually not before anything,.it should never have been posted on fb at-all.

My wife and her friends would have a good laugh if this happened to any of them

But that's older women for you

Not like today's breed of absolute morons

I would have a laugh as well. If I were single and thought he was attractive then I might actually be glad and praise his ingenuity.

But sure lookit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Truthvader wrote: »
    What a vindictive bitch. He had a lucky escape if you ask me. Imagine if it had gone well and he ended up marrying herr

Imagine if he was a stalker with sinister intent and she'd just shrugged it off and didn't report him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,324 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Unless he was creepy in person I think this is an overreaction.

If I started a thread about a man I fancied that lived/worked me and asked for advice on starting a conversation I'd imagine most of the advice would be to go for it. He had her number in front of him on delivery documents and he went for it.

A lot of companies and people we haven't met in person have our names, addresses, numbers etc available to them. Delivery and taxi drivers know where we live and when we're out, yet we're all still here.

He made a mistake and probably thought it would seem romantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I would have a laugh as well. If I were single and thought he was attractive then I might actually be glad and praise his ingenuity.

But sure lookit.

Honest question, are you a woman?

A decade ago I might have agreed with you, and maybe it was an innocent **** up. But every single girl I know has a story about a guy crossing boundaries and being a dick when they're told no, and on more than 1 occasion I've had to do the pretend boyfriend bit, so while I can see why someone might laugh it off or even find it cute, I can very easily see how she views it as someone who knows where she lives crossing both personal and professional barriers and why she's mad and scared.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

What he did was seriously creepy.

Not really, dumb beyond belief yes but creepy it's not.

Storm in a teacup nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

It is a bit like Sleepless In Seattle, but with ordinary looking people, and vans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Imagine if he was a stalker with sinister intent and she'd just shrugged it off and didn't report him?

I think people are more angry that she posted it on fb. All that is about her telling people::look how beautiful I am, can you believe this text I got... Upping her profile,not caring about the damage she is doing to others.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Aaa

• Registered Users Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I work with the public and have had this in reverse from customers, men and women. It doesn't really bother me but maybe its different if you are a woman and get a message like that from a man. an ex of mine got a similar text from a guy that came to her house selling broadband.

I sometimes meet women while doing my job and get a vibe off them that they are interested but I would never text or call them first, that is very unprofessional.

I think people are more angry that she posted it on fb. All that is about her telling people::look how beautiful I am, can you believe this text I got... Upping her profile,not caring about the damage she is doing to others.
    Or it's the most direct way to make a complaint in 2020....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

How someone can read that and go “yeah, she’s definitely the one I’m going to direct my ire at” is beyond me. What that guy did was seriously creepy, he knows where she lives, has her phone number. She was dead right to take that as far as possible.
    The fact he even thought that was a good idea.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Honest question, are you a woman?

A decade ago I might have agreed with you, and maybe it was an innocent **** up. But every single girl I know has a story about a guy crossing boundaries and being a dick when they're told no, and on more than 1 occasion I've had to do the pretend boyfriend bit, so while I can see why someone might laugh it off or even find it cute, I can very easily see how she views it as someone who knows where she lives crossing both personal and professional barriers and why she's mad and scared.

I am a woman.

• Advertisement

I am a woman.

Then you're opinion on this matters more than mine......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

the guy just wanted to ask her out, not creepy at all
    what is wrong with women these days??

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

So this is why the Bane masks are selling out again durty George Burgess mutha trucka needs tracking down and a good auld snip snip dose of Venom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Wouldn’t be a problem if she was up for it I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Mic 1972 wrote: »

Creepy men.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Then you're opinion on this matters more than mine......

No. Your opinion is valid. All opinions are.

We live in a strange age. In many ways there has been huge progress in equality between the sexes and unwanted sexual behaviour gets called out when it wouldn't have in the past.
    That's positive. It has created however a whole host of women who faint with horror at the smallest of approaches from men. Innocent interactions become filled suspicion, smiling at a woman on the street is creepy, asking her out is akin to rape.

I just find it all a bit mad.

Moral of the story is that she shouldn't have ordered her Rampant Rabbit for home delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

No. Your opinion is valid. All opinions are.

We live in a strange age. In many ways there has been huge progress in equality between the sexes and unwanted sexual behaviour gets called out when it wouldn't have in the past.
    That's positive. It has created however a whole host of women who faint with horror at the smallest of approaches from men. Innocent interactions become filled suspicion, smiling at a woman on the street is creepy, asking her out is akin to rape.

I just find it all a bit mad.

Or maybe a lot if what we thought was innocent wasn't actually? And it always made women uncomfortable?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,800 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Mic 1972 wrote: »

It’s creepy that he used a telephone number which she provided to a company in relation specifically to a business transaction to contact her and ask her out.

A seriously lack of respect and professionalism both for his employer and the lady... he hadn’t been given her number by her in any social sense or context.

If say a courier for UPS, get assigned a delivery for yourself, bring you some goods which you ordered, you sign, They drive away... then at 8pm that night, you start getting WhatsApp messages from ‘Diego the driver’.... you’d be a bit creeped out... and you should be... that happened the only thing I’d be sending back would be a photo of some broken teeth and a number of a good implant dentist...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Creepy men.

Some creepy men.

Advertisement