Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

He performed well in the debates in your opinion but performed worse than anyone in FG can imagine when it counted election day

Now he's tweeting in support of the Brown Thomas workers but nothing for the Debenhams workers.

I really think he's lost it a bit since he was shell-shocked over SF beating him in the elections.

He never had it. He was critical of other departments while doing little to better his own and when questioned in the Dail get's bratty.
    He's most effective when he's not speaking or tweeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

He performed well in the debates in your opinion but performed worse than anyone in FG can imagine when it counted election day

Now he's tweeting in support of the Brown Thomas workers but nothing for the Debenhams workers.

I really think he's lost it a bit since he was shell-shocked over SF beating him in the elections.

Did you not think he performed well in the election debates? I thought that was accepted by most?

My point was that FG performing poorly would probably have happened under Coveney also as I outlined. Never heard anything about a heave against him so presume they are reasonably content.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Seeing lots of this on the twitter machine.could get interesting lol.

https://twitter.com/Revolution_IRL/status/1294360954226999296?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 7,229 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

smurgen wrote: »

Any credible links apart from twitter?

Any credible links apart from twitter?

Credible? Twitter is just a platform. Government officials and agencies use it for official announcements.now nothing confirmed yet but I'll be sure to post it here when I've more news. Night!

• Advertisement

Credible? Twitter is just a platform. Government officials and agencies use it for official announcements.now nothing confirmed yet but I'll be sure to post it here when I've more news. Night!

We'd a cancer charity thing around our way a few years back. All the women were hanging up bras like Bunting up near the community hall. Local FG TD who lived nearby had them taken down at 2 in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

u could be right there about the last part, being shell-shocked over SF and the elections.
    He rebuffed M.McD in the Dail and he genuinely seemed to believe that there was nor could be political alliance whatsoever, in any way, shape, or form, with Sinn Fein.

But, is Leo himself out of touch? - with his own Fine Gael party?

Because for the ordinary persons; it is quite obvious that there are massive and corrupt turf-ground [of voters' areas], that Fine Gael and Sinn Fein are in, in local areas, understandings with each other. There is at least 'pact' agreement on the ground carve-up of voters areas; and even strategies on dealing with dissented voters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Bowie wrote: »
    I'm posting on people and policies of government. I raise issues and incidences.
    You post on why you think people shouldn't be posting. You get personal.

Who has the problem here?

The WWN popped up on my Facebook feed. Here you are suggesting anyone with news about the Tánaiste of the country, the gaffe prone former Taoiseach had to go looking :)

You use Varadkar's sexuality constantly. I never have.
    It's an insult to the gay community. It's despicable and homophobic. On another thread you are sexist trying to argue that a woman can't be involved in a discussion without it being about her sex. It's the same hang up you have with Varadkar. That's an issue you have. You need look at yourself dude.
    Instead of taking the post for it's content you use Varadkar's sexuality to try score a sly dig. Pathetic Mike.

Nonsense. You were the one who posted under his partner’s name. Nobody believes a word of what you say is genuine.

Yes and they are credible sources. The fact they use twitter as the medium doesn’t take away from their credibility.

Have a feeling here there’s no smoke without fire however. It may may well come out that there is some connection to FG which will be used to attack them. If there isn’t though, I look forward to your retraction.

tobsey wrote: »
    Nonsense. You were the one who posted under his partner’s name. Nobody believes a word of what you say is genuine.

I'm not the one using Varadkar's sexuality.because I can't hold my water in a discussion.
    Just look at the posts. Most of us speak on politicians, politics and current affairs.
    Look at your input here. Nothing on FG, no current affairs, raising Varadkar's sexuality when nobody else is. Seems I'm not the one with the problem.

• Advertisement

tobsey wrote: »
    Yes and they are credible sources. The fact they use twitter as the medium doesn’t take away from their credibility.

Have a feeling here there’s no smoke without fire however. It may may well come out that there is some connection to FG which will be used to attack them. If there isn’t though, I look forward to your retraction.

Its either true or its not. Very insightful. :)
    He'd need retract if he said it happened that way however he's commenting on a tweet. Unlike Leo when he said SF don't like white people. He'll retract that **** though yeah? I mean that was ****ing silly.

He'd need retract if he said it happened that way however he's commenting on a tweet.

Posting a tweet that suits your agenda without any form of corroboration is the equivalent of repeating pub talk.

That poster has form for repeating sh1te without engaging his brain, so a retraction would be appropriate if it is false. However I don't know if it's true or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Will wait for this to develop, but at a guess I'm going to go with Hugo?

That Jennifer Carroll McNeil comes across terribly in any show she appears in, she's another one that answers a question about any subject at all with "Sinn Fein".

Would be nice to see her taken down a peg or two and get her wings clipped if it turns out Hugo was behind it.

christy c wrote: »
    Posting a tweet that suits your agenda without any form of corroboration is the equivalent of repeating pub talk.

That poster has form for repeating sh1te without engaging his brain, so a retraction would be appropriate if it is false. However I don't know if it's true or not.

Yes I agree. Until its clarified.
    Discussion forum.

Now you're just being uncivil.

Yes I agree. Until its clarified.
    Discussion forum.

Now you're just being uncivil.

It's a discussion forum, but no point discussing stuff that there is co corroboration of.

If I'm being uncivil I'm in good company in this thread.

It's a discussion forum, but no point discussing stuff that there is co corroboration of.

If I'm being uncivil I'm in good company in this thread.

We all do it all the time. Maybe its the topic you've issue with.

You certainly are.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,948 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Yes, we should really believe a Twitter Account called Revolution, who according to its posts also supporters Gemma o"Doherty and Irelands exit from the EU.

We all do it all the time. Maybe its the topic you've issue with.

You certainly are.

If it turns out to be false it should be retracted and shouldn't be discussed until corroborated IMO- that is regardless of topic. Plenty of sh1te posted that I dont partake in.

In good company in this thread so.

If it turns out to be false it should be retracted and shouldn't be discussed until corroborated IMO- that is regardless of topic. Plenty of sh1te posted that I dont partake in.

In good company in this thread so.

I disagree. Certainly any tweet from anyone isn't much of a talking point but he's commenting on the claim, not making the claim.

Yes. Some only pile on in certain instances.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

• Advertisement

Greencore serious issues, or UK serious issues? Over there you get £95 a week if out sick. Here it was €350. Maybe if the government there had supported workers enough such that they could afford to stay home if sick they wouldn’t be on the mess they are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,054 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Get away bro....

Don’t forget to check with the lads up amongst the whins and heather before you go to the lawmen.

Be a wise move.

Get away bro....

Don’t forget to check with the lads up amongst the whins and heather before you go to the lawmen.

Be a wise move.

What you on about? This is second outbreak, first one was in June, Government still has a say in Greencore ,however minute.

What you on about? This is second outbreak, first one was in June, Government still has a say in Greencore ,however minute.

Simon Harris put forward what seems like a great idea regarding helping people get trades.
    I was on applauding it. Not a peep from the lads.
    Chance to get a dig in elsewhere, in like a light.
    Not a normal party.

Have you gone to the relevant authorities or do you have to wait for permission from the ‘bhoys’?

Have you gone to the relevant authorities or do you have to wait for permission from the ‘bhoys’?

I have a supreme Hatred of Fine Gael, you seem to mistake it for membership of another political which I am not. I despise FG and will use any method to vent my dislike for them, so get the nuns in Tuam to say a wee rosary for you Anton and get Mammy to pay for better dentures, them ones at the moment are atrocious, is it true she's banned all the female staff from being alone in the office with you?

I have a supreme Hatred of Fine Gael, you seem to mistake it for membership of another political which I am not. I despise FG and will use any method to vent my dislike for them, so get the nuns in Tuam to say a wee rosary for you Anton and get Mammy to pay for better dentures, them ones at the moment are atrocious, is it true she's banned all the female staff from being alone in the office with you?

I’d never have guessed that in fairness.....:D

I paid a lot of moolah for these scobs and have two other sets standing by for ‘occasions’ so a bit of respect please.

Don’t forget to clear everything with the ‘bhoys’ before you do the right thing.

Very important.........ummmm

I’d never have guessed that in fairness.....:D

I paid a lot of moolah for these scobs and have two other sets standing by for ‘occasions’ so a bit of respect please.

Don’t forget to clear everything with the ‘bhoys’ before you do the right thing.

Very important.........ummmm

Don't stay in the room when she's applying the peroxide, it's bad enough that everyone thinks you are a poundshop Norman Bates

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Simon Harris put forward what seems like a great idea regarding helping people get trades.
    I was on applauding it. Not a peep from the lads.
    Chance to get a dig in elsewhere, in like a light.
    Not a normal party.

People don't listen to him after his shambolic role in the previous Govt

• Advertisement

People don't listen to him after his shambolic role in the previous Govt

The Covid 18 gaffe was something else alright.

Advertisement