Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RCSI 1st year GEM question

• 23-06-2012 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

For anybody in RCSI, when does the 1 month placement usually take place in Beaumont? June, July or August??

Thanks in advance
    Peadar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Biologic

For anybody in RCSI, when does the 1 month placement usually take place in Beaumont? June, July or August??

Thanks in advance
    Peadar

It used to be June in Beaumont, but I think it's August in Blanch now. There's a few GEP1s on the board who can confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭PeadarGalway

Biologic wrote: »
    It used to be June in Beaumont, but I think it's August in Blanch now. There's a few GEP1s on the board who can confirm.

Thanks for your response biologic, and also for your older posts about year one in rcsi. They helped me make up my mind that rcsi is the place for me. What stage of the game are you at now? :)

Thanks for your response biologic, and also for your older posts about year one in rcsi. They helped me make up my mind that rcsi is the place for me. What stage of the game are you at now? :)

Awesome, glad I could help :). I might do a post for GEP2 if people found that useful.
    I finished GEP2 yesterday and everything went really well. Now I'm settling down to a Summer of USMLE study, research and some other stuff to pad out my CV for the US. The past 2 years flew by, it's crazy. We'll both be qualified before we know it.

Awesome, glad I could help :). I might do a post for GEP2 if people found that useful.
    I finished GEP2 yesterday and everything went really well. Now I'm settling down to a Summer of USMLE study, research and some other stuff to pad out my CV for the US. The past 2 years flew by, it's crazy. We'll both be qualified before we know it.

Congrats :) I'm guessing you're US bound then, best of luck with the study!
    Im sure many of us would appreciate a post about gep2, but only if it doesn't eat too much into your time.

I'm sitting on a 62 gamsat so I'm hoping for rcsi, but would also be very happy in any of the other colleges. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

this year we're in beaumount for August.

• Advertisement

jtsuited wrote: »

Thanks for the response! Just wondering what are most of the class up to for the break? Study, research, holidays? I'm trying to see if I'd be able to work for some of the summer if I went to rcsi; I wanna keep the borrowing to a minimum!

jtsuited wrote: »

Is that your whole class? We were told people from your class would be in Blanch for August.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Is that your whole class? We were told people from your class would be in Blanch for August.

According to the email we got a few days ago, all students are in Beaumount (it actually says 'all students are in Beaumount').

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭vladcount

Guys for the loan with BOI did you guys need parental gaurentee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭WorthlessPeon

does the loan cover all fees or just 15k of fees?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Recap

Do you guys have non-Irish, EU students on the course at RCSI?

Advertisement