Thread Closed  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
26-11-2020, 19:45   #136
Meteorite58
Registered User
 
Meteorite58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 9,016
Yeah still showing a low but not as deep and further E over the UK. Still showing a cold airmass and got the look of cooling down more in general as we move into winter proper. It will feel a bit more seasonal if anything.

Still early days , no doubt we will be seeing a variety of scenario's over the coming days, will se if it keeps that general look.






Meteorite58 is online now  
Advertisement
27-11-2020, 10:18   #137
pauldry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,706
Joanna said on Radio1 "becoming very cold late next week"
pauldry is offline  
27-11-2020, 14:56   #138
Humberto Salazar
Registered User
 
Humberto Salazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldry View Post
Joanna said on Radio1 "becoming very cold late next week"
In these times that's probably about 6-8c by day...
Humberto Salazar is online now  
(3) thanks from:
27-11-2020, 15:18   #139
pauldry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,706
Yup even the Arctic JAXA extent is down by 4k today. If that cant freeze what chance do we have. 6 to 8c is probably what it will be.
pauldry is offline  
27-11-2020, 20:49   #140
Meteorite58
Registered User
 
Meteorite58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 9,016
In my opinion ECM keeping it's general shape from +120 hrs. Unsettled, cold with wintry showers, would not rule out snow on elevated ground at times especially night. Windy at times and a new deep area of LP making an appearance at the end of the run. A lot of NW and Nly sourced air. Currently showing some frosts, possibly hard in places , has the look of getting down quite low. Going to stick my neck out an say that snow should be not ruled out, maybe wet lower down in places but could see some lying on hills.

Would have thought that the 12Z was an upgrade regarding cold. And with wind at times could get very low wind chill readings.

Gets more interesting I reckon.









Meteorite58 is online now  
Advertisement
28-11-2020, 19:42   #141
Hooter23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,250
Cold coming down from the north next week then its shows the pattern after that changing and cold starting to come in from the east/north east into the second week of December...too early to tell yet but it is possible...we often get a short few days of cold coming down from the north followed by a longer spell of cold from a more easterly direction not long after...we'll see sure
Hooter23 is offline  
Thanks from:
28-11-2020, 20:13   #142
Humberto Salazar
Registered User
 
Humberto Salazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooter23 View Post
Cold coming down from the north next week then its shows the pattern after that changing and cold starting to come in from the east/north east into the second week of December...too early to tell yet but it is possible...we often get a short few days of cold coming down from the north followed by a longer spell of cold from a more easterly direction not long after...we'll see sure
Looks likely. Long term though, no cold pool to tap into, Scandi and Europe still too warm.
Humberto Salazar is online now  
28-11-2020, 20:14   #143
Nqp15hhu
Registered User
 
Nqp15hhu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 854
It’s only November. Give it time, it will snow eventually as it does most years.
Nqp15hhu is offline  
28-11-2020, 21:05   #144
nacho libre
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 13,631
I would not say it's likely until it's within t 48. We have seen easterly vanish in previous years even within that time frame

As regards the continent being too warm,If a proper easterly or northeasterly source is established it won't take long for the continent to cool down, but given our location it would be better if the cold air was already in place.
nacho libre is online now  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
28-11-2020, 21:24   #145
JanuarySnowstor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,135
Icon a slight upgrade again out to 120hrs

We are on the cusp of something special
A slight nudge would do it!!
JanuarySnowstor is offline  
28-11-2020, 21:53   #146
Captain Snow
Registered User
 
Captain Snow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuarySnowstor View Post
Icon a slight upgrade again out to 120hrs

We are on the cusp of something special
A slight nudge would do it!!
Cusp...love it...what we are seeing is a 2010 developing before our eyes. It's a classic. Cold is pooling in the east. It's either a brutal cold northerly, a easterly...beast...or both. The Atlantic is shutting off run after run and its showing accross other models.
Captain Snow is offline  
28-11-2020, 22:48   #147
pauldry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,706
It will get very cold next week but I feel all the parameters will not be in place for any real snow. Still a messy mixture is likely though some heavier spells may whiten the place for brief moments.

After a brief Easterly incursion it will go back to mild again up to Christmas
pauldry is offline  
28-11-2020, 22:50   #148
Cork2021
Registered User
 
Cork2021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 400
Is Kermit going to jump ship from covid related issues and go back to his roots this week??
Cork2021 is online now  
28-11-2020, 23:00   #149
mcburns07
Registered User
 
mcburns07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldry View Post
It will get very cold next week but I feel all the parameters will not be in place for any real snow. Still a messy mixture is likely though some heavier spells may whiten the place for brief moments.

After a brief Easterly incursion it will go back to mild again up to Christmas
Much too early to say what will happen after the upcoming cold spell (if that even materialises)
mcburns07 is online now  
28-11-2020, 23:01   #150
White Clover
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 2,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cork2021 View Post
Is Kermit going to jump ship from covid related issues and go back to his roots this week??
Hopefully not! Another 2010 is a sheep farmers worst nightmare.
White Clover is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Thread Closed

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search