Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos RIP thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Argos really should have bought checkargos.com it was a fantastic reservation/stockchecker for their abysmal site.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,542 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Argos really should have bought checkargos.com it was a fantastic reservation/stockchecker for their abysmal site.
    Or just continued to pay for affiliate links as they did, I think that would have kept it going

• Registered Users Posts: 8,842 ✭✭✭Soarer

Buy two then!

Talk about every silver lining has a cloud!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

cyborg wrote: »
    Buy a refill kit from amazon for €20ish

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭daheff

Soarer wrote: »
    Canon Pixma TS5150 for €48.19.

Must be a misprice as it’s £60 on .co.uk.

Mightn’t be groundbreaking, but might dig someone out of a hole for the next few weeks.

€120 in Currys (sold out!)
    €98 with HuntOffice.
    €80 with SoundStore.
    €80 with DID.
    €70 with Canon themselves.

another phantom Argos deal. Its out of stock, so they can price it at this level. Possible was only at this price for the last one or two on sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Argos do have good deals on printers every now and again. I picked up an epson one for €25 down from about €60 a few years back.

• daheff wrote: »
    another phantom Argos deal. Its out of stock, so they can price it at this level. Possible was only at this price for the last one or two on sale

There was at least 20 in stock in the few branches I checked when that deal was first posted. More likely a misprice than a phantom deal. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,714 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

daheff wrote: »

I've one currently waiting to be picked up in Tullamore. So that rules out your theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭enviro

Same, have one reserved for collection.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Christ, the LEGO10 code is pointless when Argos are way more expensive than the likes of Smyths (let alone Amazon).

The chappy website that hasn't had any money spent on it (unlike the Uk) one isn't even mobile optimised.

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    I've one currently waiting to be picked up in Tullamore. So that rules out your theory.
    enviro wrote: »
    Same, have one reserved for collection.

you must have got the last 2 :D. now out of stock

There was 8 in stock in Blackpool Cork when I ordered.

Maybe it's more the fact you're 3 days late to the party, and they've fixed their error?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭Harika

There was 8 in stock in Blackpool Cork when I ordered.

Maybe it's more the fact you're 3 days late to the party, and they've fixed their error?

Wanted to pick it up yesterday from Blackpool but not delivered yet. Trying again tomorrow. Reserves on the 20th

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭cena

one in athlone

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

cena wrote: »
    one in athlone

Love to explain to the Garda that I was collecting a printer for critical business reasons.......... Its around 130km from home, think I can rule that one out. Are there any in the greater Dublin/North Kildare/Meath area?

and they've fixed their error?

what error? still pricing the same, except no stock.

• If the people who are chatting away in the no-chat thread are still interested in a printer, this one is in stock in the few stores I checked and has much cheaper replacement inks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Is it that good a printer? Might see what stock is about other that Dublin if it is.

what error? still pricing the same, except no stock.

Did you even read my post?

• Subscribers Posts: 40,722 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Is it that good a printer? Might see what stock is about other that Dublin if it is.

Not really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,761 ✭✭✭✭muffler

If the people who are chatting away in the no-chat thread are still interested in a printer, this one is in stock in the few stores I checked and has much cheaper replacement inks.
    That seller doesnt post replacement cartridges to ROI unfortunately

Had a quick look on Adverts and theres one guy selling a set for €22

• muffler wrote: »
    That seller doesnt post replacement cartridges to ROI unfortunately

They will to PM/PW/AddressPal though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,761 ✭✭✭✭muffler

They will to PM/PW/AddressPal though. :)
    I keep forgetting about that. I get a lot of stuff from Amazon and a lot of it can be delivered to a choice of post offices just across the border from me. For other items I can use a relation's address there so I never have to worry about sellers who only ship to UK addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,844 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Alright for forty odd quid I think. Not terrible, not great.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Lads, better off buying a laser printer on amazon if black and white printing is all you need. Compatible toners under a tenner and do 1500 pages

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

If the people who are chatting away in the no-chat thread are still interested in a printer, this one is in stock in the few stores I checked and has much cheaper replacement inks.
    You can also get the refillable ink set. The whole kit is around €30. Most other cartridges don't need the empty reset chip cartridges and ink kits are less than €20 without them
    I didn't look too hard, but it is here for €50
    https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Cartridges-Compatible-Expression-XP-3100-Printers/dp/B088TM2LDS
    That is the first result I saw, but I know it can be bought cheaper - For example, €30 on Aliexpress

Guide HERE
    I have refilled a few different cartridges, and not had any issues. But I have read of some people getting inferior ink, or forgetting to clean heads. So best to double check before buying (as with the unofficial replacement cartridges).

I've been struggling to find certain things in Argos recently, and was really missing checkargos, so I decided to download @witnessmenow's code from github and have a mess around.

So far it's just a proof of concept, but I seem to have the basic mechanics working.

pK0BhCI.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Basil3 wrote: »
    I've been struggling to find certain things in Argos recently, and was really missing checkargos, so I decided to download @witnessmenow's code from github and have a mess around.

So far it's just a proof of concept, but I seem to have the basic mechanics working.

pK0BhCI.jpg

Oooooooooooooooh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Basil3 wrote: »

pK0BhCI.jpg

Always wondered why they couldn't just do that!! I think PowerCity do it too.
    Great Job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭matchthis

Ah that image brings back simpler happier times and it’s for a Christmas tree :D

Advertisement