Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Team.ie Predictions for 5 Nations

• 16-07-1999 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭

I got this from Bigfoot's column (the organiser of the MCW n that to those who dont know)

Ireland

Provisional Team:Koopa, EA-Ser,Bunny,Beast,CP-Von

Ireland were the subject of controversy during the 4nations tourney, refusing at times to play on BarrysWorld servers where they lost every game whilst winning on their own server. However, despite a poor record in the Ireland v France games where they lost every single one, they have a strong duel pedigree in Koopa and Ser, and in Ser they arguably have one of the best players in the tournament.

Ser spent most of his clan career playing for 4K, before finally getting ISDN and joining the German clan EA. On doing so he established himself as one of the best players to emerge from these islands, helping EA to various success and being part of the UK team which won the Fusion EuroCup. A very strong player, with bags of experience and could make the difference for this team.

Von will be well known to UK quakers, have spent a fair while in Clan Pendragon and participated in the MCW and UKCL. His dodgy connect has not helped him, and he is the team captain for Ireland so must know his stuff on a lan smile.gif. A good teamplayer, he doesn`t have the best duel skillz in the world but can handle himself well enough and should be a solid member of the team.

Koopa is the duel star of the side, with a good record at lan events. Perhaps equal to Ser in this respect, he distinguished himself by winning the duel comp at the Ireland v France meet. A strong all round player, has never ventured into the UK scene but will be a solid member of the squad.

Beast & Bunny i know not much about to be honest. I`ve seen them play a bit and they strike me as good players, but whether or not they will make a difference against really good opposition i am not convinced.

Overall i reckon Ireland have a good chance. They practice a fair bit on a lan, and with Ser in they now have a very strong side with a player who could win a match for them. The addition of Tomb would make a difference, but they could pull of a few surprises if taken too lightly by the other nations.

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Talking to Bigfoot today he told me that a very experienced team was beaten by Team.ie from UL two of whom had no sound.

He's well impressed now and envisions an ENG v IE final.

Personally I think Scotlan have a good side and will be hard to beat.

The biggest threat to us is the organisation of the team. I'm away on holidays for a week and I dunno if the team has the where-with-all to sort themselves out. (mind you I think that about everyone I deal with, power-mad egotist that I am).

I've left MP in charge of on-the-ground organisation and Von will represent us in the virtual realm. Guys, its in your hands now. Since Tinet will only sponsor us *if* a team actually GOES and since I already have paid for tickets and accom if things arent sorted on Thursday I'll have to cut my losses and call it off cos I will get really badly burned here... sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Compared to this France was a picnic.

DeV.

ps: we're going to win.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

In the words of the best comedian ever to grace this earth - "piece of ****"
    I worry about Dev's expenditure on this expedition because as we all know the whole team are utter drivel. I mean Ser!!!! Lets all join a german clan and build up some experience points (whats this?, an RPG).
    The anticipation for this event (like all Quake1 events) has been enormous. Guys have been lining up in wait to see these gladiators fight. Some carry novelty Rocket Launchers. Some have a life (ooops sorry).
    Many think that koopa is a crap baddie but apparently once you see him on the big screen he's a major improvement.
    Hang on a moment I'm talking about Star Wars amn't I. Silly me. My frail cynical mind got the better of me but in any case I'll be sitting in Savoy 1 at 5.45 on Saturday while some strange mysterious people will actually be reading this thread and taking it seriously. Oh me oh my. Apologies to the quake.ie team for being a cynical b-strd as usual but I really hate the elitism of all sports and I have not stopped hating it upon experiencing it within the almost non-sport like Quake. I will never say "get a life" because I know you have a life. All I'll saa=y is this (very important this bit):-
    When you're in the pub go up to the nearest group you see and say "Hey guys have ye seen Star Wars The Phantom Menace?" and if they all say no then you say "O.K. here's a major spoiler!" So while they are protesting that they don't want to hear it you just tuen around and let rip the biggest f@rt you've ever expended and have a good laugh. A major spoiler of the highest degree. Oh my God I've gone off on a major tangent. Remember to rely on me to keep you all sane!

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Philip: "haha you farted terrance"
    Terrance: "I did din't I philip"
    Philip: "hahahahahaha"
    Terrance "hahahahahaha"

Stuart: "I hate you terrance and Philip, you think farts are so funny but they're not. Fart jokes are the lowest form of humor"
    [FART]
    T&P: "hahahhahaha"
    Stuart: "Curse you terrance & philip you'll rue this day"

wow south park is unbeatable smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Well, if you like T&P, you'll love the movie... smile.gif

(They get uncensored. Very, very uncensored. tongue.gif)

By the way, does anyone else get the suspicion that Rapture will be an anticlimax? It's gonna be poorly attended by the looks of it - as of yesterday, 130 ppl registered, only 27 paid up. Lets face it... a LAN event at the height of summer 10 miles from the *****end of nowhere?

Ah well, ya never know, they could get 200 more registrants within the next 5 mins smile.gif

Ja,
    Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

The prizes are deadly though....we uh suddenly want to win

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I worry about Dev's expenditure on this expedition because as we all know the whole team are utter drivel.

EAT DEM WORDS MUSO!!!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    homepage.tinet.ie/~davitt

Advertisement