Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 7.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

In the hospital waiting for an x-ray. Fell awkwardly in football this evening and feels like I've broken my shoulder or something. Fooking raging. I've a nearly 2 year old and another baby coming at the start of July. This is definitely not the kind of injury I needed.

Hopefully it's dislocated , not a broken bone Bones .
    (The lesser of two evils )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Fingers crossed it's not as bad as you think bones!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

In the hospital waiting for an x-ray. Fell awkwardly in football this evening and feels like I've broken my shoulder or something. Fooking raging. I've a nearly 2 year old and another baby coming at the start of July. This is definitely not the kind of injury I needed.

Hope it is not too serious.

Virtual hugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Hope it is not too serious.

Virtual hugs

Awww, I was going to say virtual high five

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Hope it’s not serious bones. Also hope you’re not waiting too long.

I’m looking back at old photographs, a great mixture of happy memories and cringing at my old self :o:D

• Advertisement

Ah Bones you poor divil :( I really hope it isn't a break but either way its awful. Talk about timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Spent the evening drinking beer with my longest 'serving" friend, he shall leave this company in a few days.

For years he has always impressed me with his memory as he can recollect memories from kindergardten.

Well tonight we moved on to Akashic records....

It was a fun last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Erik Shun wrote:
    Ok, serious question....how are your jocks?!?

I just **** myself so a bit sodden.

Too much? :D

I just **** myself so a bit sodden.

Too much? :D

I have an idea that will help you bones!!!!

Mam of 4 wrote:
    Hopefully it's dislocated , not a broken bone Bones . (The lesser of two evils )

I think with a dislocation my shoulder would be hanging down Mam. I'm hoping I've torn a muscle rather than bone. I felt a crunch and pain as soon as I hit the ground so that was either a bone breaking or a muscle tearing. I'm assuming anyways.

Thanks for the well wishes lads.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Persepoly wrote: »
    I have an idea that will help you bones!!!!

Gonna draw him something :pac:?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

After a day of healthy eating and exercise I am hanging for a burger and cake .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Just home from sewing. Starting a new dress and made a mock up tonight. This one is going to be lovely and is more my style :)

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Fifty grades of shay.

Hope you're OK bones, I know all too well about football injuries, I'm a walking monument to them. Sounds like bad timing for you personally so I hope whatever it is doesent affect you for too long.
    Having a lemon tea and relaxing getting set for bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Every was that annoying newbie at some stage.

Feet up watching Pointless.

Of course, and so was I, it’s just hard to give them the training they deserve when it’s so busy and I’m trying to run the bar smoothly.

Anyway, it quietened down, I’m now at home on the couch and tomorrow is my Friday. Bring it on :D

Just home from the pub, had to do something today that I absolutely dreaded, up at 3.45 am this morn with a pounding heart, cold sweat and and huge anxiety, but I put on the glad rags this morning and a lot of war paint lol and just got through it,someone took me out for grub and drinks as a reward, I'd love a glass of wine now just to finish the night but driving very early tomorrow, Friday night I'll push the boat out so put me on ignore due to drunkies posts 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 22,219 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Bedside, night all :)

@bones I hope everything is ok and I know a great orthopaedic surgeon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bedside, thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Bed , thinking Bones' shoulder problem has him in hospital for the night .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Bones I hope everything is ok

• Advertisement

Bedside, wide awake after a short sleep.

On the way home. Got a dead sound doctor in the end. He said my x-ray looked really strange and after talking to me had a theory about what happened but said he needed to look at it again and he'd bring me down a photocopy to show what he means. So basically he thinks a muscle in my back pulled a piece of bone away but it's so deep the orthopedic doctors wouldn't be doing anything with it anyways so it's just a case of rest but keep it moving at the same time like no sling etc. He did say the x-ray was down for further investigation with the radiographers as it's a strange one so may get a call next week. I'm happy with that. :)

Tldr

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Birdies singing me awake. Morning all!

On the way home. Got a dead sound doctor in the end. He said my x-ray looked really strange ....

It would take you to be different. :p

Glad it's not a break.

"Tumble out of bed and stumble to the kitchen, pour myself a cup of ambition and yawn and stretch and try to come to life"

2nd coffee time, not feeling it this morning, just want to hang in here for another hour or so before my cattle walk.

Glad it's not as bad as thought bones.

Morning all :)

Happy Thursday!!!!

@Fifty I'll make you breakfast this morning instead so shout out your order :);)

Guess who's not working today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

...I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes
    The love that's all around me and so the feeling grows...

Morning all

Much duller this morning and kinda like Fifty I felt like rolling over for another while.

Hope everything works out OK Bones

Kitchen with coffee watching the Sparrows outside, will make a burst soon(ish):)

Seven Worlds will Collide

I suppose I could throw your name in the pot and make you breakfast too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Autosport wrote: »
    I suppose I could throw your name in the pot and make you breakfast too :D

Ah you're a star :) I always liked you.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement

Auto, I'll have a ham, mushroom and tomato omelette please, about 10 30ish and thank you, I need looking after today.
    Boots are on and I'm off out to the cattle, I'll be starving when I get back. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement