Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone else fed up with being single right now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

gillmelly wrote: »
    That's not what I said or was talking about at all, but hey whatever floats your boat !

This conversation did start off talking about a boat...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 gillmelly

This conversation did start off talking about a boat...

the luv boat :)

gillmelly wrote: »
    the luv boat :)

HAHA! More like the lack of!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

:) ahoy sailor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

I have had one 3ish month relationship with a girl in the past 7 years. It didn't lead anywhere. I wasn't particularly upset when it ended either. I am used to being single at this stage and I don't like or particularly want change. Like the OP I have tried dating sites and the like but never had any luck.

I have found that what you never had you never miss. I could probably live my life without marriage or any of that crack.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Poo in a shoe dude! I have found been on the dating site that been spoilt for choice was evident however the choices weren't much to live up to either when they just want the ride.

That seems to be the case with the interweb dating. The girl can't find a fella who is daycent. The fella can't find a girl full stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Sounds like an idea. I may look into some activities but I guess Portlaoise is so tiny, I'm sure there must be a few things out there. Thanks ;)

ICA or Macra?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Worksforyou

Lou.m wrote: »
    Of course you have something to offer.

You have you. That's all you need for the girl you click with.

You are loveable.

All kind decent people have A LOT to offer.

Make your move Badger, go on son.

ICA or Macra?

Don't knock it, if you're a decent country boy or girl or would like one. Much better than people think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Make your move Badger, go on son.

Be a shame to ruin the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭micar

Poo in a shoe dude! I have found been on the dating site that been spoilt for choice was evident however the choices weren't much to live up to either when they just want the ride.

It;s evident that there are 3 types of people on sites.

1) people looking for the ride.
    2) people just wanting to date.
    3) people actually looking to meet someone.

I belong to the third section.

I think i need to re think my profile to make it more appealing. I need to add better photos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

Anyone ever get a bit peed off with being single? Maybe I'm just bored but when it seems impossible to meet someone nice or someone that wants more than an easy ride over three years, it does kind of get to you a little.

I have tried dating sites and I'm not saying all guys are the same, but the guys I met were just looking for the one thing. I socialize and put myself out there but in vain it seems. I have lovely friends and family so I'm grateful for that. Before you say anything, I am focusing on myself, trying to keep myself busy but can't help feeling a bit lonely sometimes. Anyone in the same boat?
    Anyone ever get a bit peed off with being single? Maybe I'm just bored but when it seems impossible to meet someone nice or someone that wants more than an easy ride over three years, it does kind of get to you a little.

I have tried dating sites and I'm not saying all guys are the same, but the guys I met were just looking for the one thing. I socialize and put myself out there but in vain it seems. I have lovely friends and family so I'm grateful for that. Before you say anything, I am focusing on myself, trying to keep myself busy but can't help feeling a bit lonely sometimes. Anyone in the same boat?

I am dating a nice guy right now. It's early days but we will see where it goes. But I really feel your pain. I was in the same boat. It seems like the world is full of jaded people and players but keep in there.

There are lovely guys who want more you just have to look beyond the flashy types and look for the real deal.

It's tough from the guys perspective too I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

micar wrote: »

I think i need to re think my profile to make it more appealing. I need to add better photos.

Points 1 & 2 can't happen without point 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

I really don't believe in those sites.

You need to socialize as much as you can and meet people through friends etc.

Get out walking and chatting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

ICA or Macra?

:( I joined the macra two years ago. been to the rallys Mr personality a few different events and still can't get anyone. full of fellas and I can't get any offers. even the women in work are giving me a hard time over it.
    however I would recommend to joining the macra. its a fantastic organization :) great events :)

I am dating a nice guy right now. It's early days but we will see where it goes. But I really feel your pain. I was in the same boat. It seems like the world is full of jaded people and players but keep in there.

There are lovely guys who want more you just have to look beyond the flashy types and look for the real deal.

It's tough from the guys perspective too I guess.

It really is about looking past the flashy types as you put it. High maintenance, male or female, is far more bother than it's worth.

tim3000 wrote: »
    I have had one 3ish month relationship with a girl in the past 7 years. It didn't lead anywhere. I wasn't particularly upset when it ended either. I am used to being single at this stage and I don't like or particularly want change. Like the OP I have tried dating sites and the like but never had any luck.

I have found that what you never had you never miss. I could probably live my life without marriage or any of that crack.

All I can say is fair play to you for adapting to the situation. Perhaps I'm just meant to be single right now but I definitely want to be with someone special eventually.

Aidric wrote: »
    Points 1 & 2 can't happen without point 3.

I gotta disagree.

I work with a girl who was on POF. She was wanting to meet someone. But all the dates she went on, the guy was only looking for a ride. Pure and simple to the point that she walked away for the whole dating site thing,

ICA or Macra?

ICA seems to be just for females but the second option seems to show no gender requirements, Thank you, I will look into it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Only one thing for it........Time to bring back the SLOW DANCE ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

Ah here, keep it clean. She wants a lad who isn't after the one thing ffs. And you drop in that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Only one thing for it........Time to bring back the SLOW DANCE ;)

AKA the erection section,.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

I'm in pretty much the same boat as you. Just not too pushed any more. I'm well used to being single and not relying on someone or having to worry about anyone but yourself is kinda great.

Tried online dating as well and it is just a disaster zone. Either headcases, people just looking for attention or women with ridiculously lofty standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Wrong. The 3 types are as follows:

1) The creepy guy trying to get laid.
    2) The hot girl who is too good for the site and ignores emails.
    3) The honest people who want to meet someone.

The third group is made up of both males and females and makes up about 10% of the site.

Tell me about it.

I'm in a running club but train with the guys. All the girls train together and there are some very good looking girls there. We never mix.

I;m also in a tri club and we do have social events but I'm not interested in any of the girls there.

A few of my friends have meet their long term partner off dating sites which is great but My experience didn't have a similar result. Personally I think don't knock it til you try it but from my experience the majority of guys on their were just using it for their sex needs.

ICA seems to be just for females but the second option seems to show no gender requirements, Thank you, I will look into it :)

Like anything else Macra can be hit or miss depending on the local group, but I know quite a few friends who met their partners for life there. Never tried it myself, but some people really do swear by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I gotta disagree.

I work with a girl who was on POF. She was wanting to meet someone. But all the dates she went on, the guy was only looking for a ride. Pure and simple to the point that she walked away for the whole dating site thing,

What did she expect with POF tbf? If the ride was good it could have led to more..

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Andrew_C

Buy a toaster -they're cheap. At least then you can offer toast. Girls love toast.

When I saw "buy a toaster" I was a bit alarmed. Fake ad in a internet parody newspaper (not The Onion, it was The Framley examiner) :

"For Sale. Toaster. Used once. Slight water damage"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

No, I wouldn't say I'm 'fed up' with being single. It's not ideal, but I'm comfortable enough with my own company. I'm not a particularly good catch at the moment (bereavement, anxiety, depression), so I'd be very... erm... wary of 'inflicting' myself upon anyone.

I've got 99 problems, but attempting to feign a cheerful veneer for the sake of someone else's happiness ain't one. There are worse things than being single.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement