Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you climate proof?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭wench

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    Who ever put us here didn’t think of that, we were put here for a reason otherwise we’d have been put on the moon or some other planet. You can cry about it all you like but that is a fact.
    My Mother put me here, I don't think she had access to the Moon...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,342 ✭✭✭✭banie01

In so far as my house is 20mtrs ASL, is not in flood plain and has adequate drainage.
    Sea levels aren't a worry ;)

In that I hope the warming weather allows me to gain more use of my landscaped patio and garden and BBQ more than a few weekends a year :D

Also not a worry and more than ready :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

wench wrote: »
    My Mother put me here, I don't think she had access to the Moon...
    Some woman, did your ould lad have any part to play in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭1st dalkey dalkey

I am amazed at the flippant attitude to climate change here.

I have no idea what age you people are, but if you are under 40 you are very likely to be directly impacted by this issue. Certainly your children will be.

We will have an ice free north pole in summer within ten years. That will change all the northern hemisphere weather patterns impacting all the major grain growing regions of the world.

That is a serious issue. But even worse is the Ozone issue. Loss of arctic ice will lead to an equalisation in temperature between mid and northern latitudes. This will lead to more water vapour infiltrating the upper atmosphere and taking out the ozone. That ozone is the only thing protecting us, all other animals and all plants, from excess radiation. When it happens expect large increases in cancers and collapse in agricultural yields.

Then add in the methane issue, ocean acidification, acquifer depletion, sea level rise, climate refugees etc etc etc.

If you are going to wait for Trump to do something, then at least be honest and go get the snip job done. Bringing children into this environment is criminal.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

I am amazed at the flippant attitude to climate change here.

I have no idea what age you people are, but if you are under 40 you are very likely to be directly impacted by this issue. Certainly your children will be.

We will have an ice free north pole in summer within ten years. That will change all the northern hemisphere weather patterns impacting all the major grain growing regions of the world.

That is a serious issue. But even worse is the Ozone issue. Loss of arctic ice will lead to an equalisation in temperature between mid and northern latitudes. This will lead to more water vapour infiltrating the upper atmosphere and taking out the ozone. That ozone is the only thing protecting us, all other animals and all plants, from excess radiation. When it happens expect large increases in cancers and collapse in agricultural yields.

Then add in the methane issue, ocean acidification, acquifer depletion, sea level rise, climate refugees etc etc etc.

If you are going to wait for Trump to do something, then at least be honest and go get the snip job done. Bringing children into this environment is criminal.

This place is full of old men and social outcasts. Anything mainstream (good or bad) is gonna be met with derision here.

Even if climate change isnt real, we should be taking care of the environment anyway. Pollution and famines aren’t imaginary.

• Advertisement

sk8erboii wrote: »
    This place is full of old men and social outcasts. Anything mainstream (good or bad) is gonna be met with derision here.

Even if climate change isnt real, we should be taking care of the environment anyway. Pollution and famines aren’t imaginary.

A virus isn’t too concerned with preserving the life of its host.

Advertisement