If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommendations for a 40/43 Inch 4K TV

Options
  • 26-05-2019 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm currently looking to purchase a 40 or 43 inch 4K TV with as many of the usual trimmings as possible. 

My budget is in or around the €400-€450 mark and I'd ideally like something with a nice smart TV interface. The TV will mostly be used for watching sports and Netflix shows on a daily basis.

From doing my own research, I've been drawn to 4 options, in no particular order, and struggling to narrow it down from there.

1) Samsung UE43NU7400
    2) LG 43UJ670V
    3) Samsung UE40NU7120
    4) Philips 43PUS6703

Do you have any thoughts on the above options or could advise on something that you offer which may be better suited?

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,128 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Paully D wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm currently looking to purchase a 40 or 43 inch 4K TV with as many of the usual trimmings as possible. 

My budget is in or around the €400-€450 mark and I'd ideally like something with a nice smart TV interface. The TV will mostly be used for watching sports and Netflix shows on a daily basis.

From doing my own research, I've been drawn to 4 options, in no particular order, and struggling to narrow it down from there.

1) Samsung UE43NU7400
    2) LG 43UJ670V
    3) Samsung UE40NU7120
    4) Philips 43PUS6703

Do you have any thoughts on the above options or could advise on something that you offer which may be better suited?

Thanks guys.
    Hi Paully D.

Thanks for the post.

All of the TV's mentioned are decent products.

The 43UK670 is a discontinued line from around 2 years ago so that knocks that one out of the race.
    The 40NU7120 is not one that we have stocked , so that's out too.

Leaves the 7400 or the Philips.

The Samsung has the better smart features and a much smoother operating system.
    Both would be on par picture quality wise or very close.

In my opinion the Samsung would be the better of the two sets even thought the Philips is still a good televisions.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hi guys,

1) Samsung UE43NU7400
    2) LG 43UJ670V
    3) Samsung UE40NU7120
    4) Philips 43PUS6703

Thanks guys.
    Hi Paully D.

Thanks for the post.

The 43UK670 is a discontinued line from around 2 years ago so that knocks that one out of the race.

In my opinion the Samsung would be the better of the two sets even thought the Philips is still a good televisions.

Hi Kenny,

Many thanks for coming back to me.

I had actually narrowed it down to the 7400 or the Philips myself yesterday, so that's handy! :)

My head says the Samsung too but I do like the Ambilight feature on the Philips. Would you have any thoughts on the Ambilight feature?

What would be the best price you could do on them including delivery and I'll have a chat to herself and come back to you.

Thanks Kenny.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,128 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi guys,

1) Samsung UE43NU7400
    2) LG 43UJ670V
    3) Samsung UE40NU7120
    4) Philips 43PUS6703

Thanks guys.
    Hi Paully D.

Thanks for the post.

Hi Kenny,

Many thanks for coming back to me.

I had actually narrowed it down to the 7400 or the Philips myself yesterday, so that's handy! :)

My head says the Samsung too but I do like the Ambilight feature on the Philips. Would you have any thoughts on the Ambilight feature?

What would be the best price you could do on them including delivery and I'll have a chat to herself and come back to you.

Thanks Kenny.
    Hi Paully D.

The ambi light is a nice touch but it does not have any effect on image quality.

To be honest you would be happy with either set but the smart hub on the Philips is really basic and if it's as many features as possible within budget you are after the Philips does lack in this department.

At the moment our web prices would be the best on these products unfortunately.

The 43NU7400 priced at £369 with our 6 year guarantee.

The 43PUS6703 priced at £349 again with our 6 year guarantee included free of charge.

I could offer free shipping on either for a boardie :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.