Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

They line must be drawn HERE!!!!!

• 08-09-2001 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

I urge all of you not to get sky digital. They will do something similar to what they did with sport.

Sport was free before sky came along and bought it up. If everone had said that they refused to go with sky because they were gettin it free beforehand sky would have failed. But instead all the people went out and got sky sports cause they were weak fools giving in like the cowards they are.

Do not let them get there hold on our country. Over 100,000 of us have joined there ranks but all is not lost. Make a stand, it will be tough but in the end we can all say we did the right thing and victory or defeat we will all be brave heroes who care about and have pride in their country.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Damn right , If I can i will avoid getting sky at all costd i dont ant them scumbags buying the rights to Gaa games and then makeing us to pay to see them , they'd probably charge £30 extra to watch the All Ireland Hurling and Football Finals.
    I dont want to be paying for my right to watch the greatest sport in the world.
    I also urge everyone to boycott the scum known as Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Sky Digital rules and Sky will own everything soon.
    Sky provide the best sports coverage on the British isles and if they soon get GAA, so be it.
    your loss, if your too cheap to get sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭R. Daneel Olivaw

From the prices they are really overcharging for the "season ticket" nonsense for the Premiership. Apparently it costs almost as much to get the matches for the full season as it does to actually buy a real season ticket for some teams.

So it's good thing I don't give a rat's ass about soccer, or GAA or anything. It's not like the fans sold out, but the actual people that fans support sold out, starting probably with Man U a few years ago.

I say don't shoot the messenger.....Sky are only a business, and are there to make money, which apparently the teams have no problem in getting from them for the rights to the games. Complain to the people doing the contract selling...the team managers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

In the pub I'm working in, we paid £75 for the priveledge of having the "Premiership Plus" season ticket, meaning that we can now show -every- -single- Premiership match live. For a pub in a Sports & Social Club, that's pretty essential really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Thats not a bad deal.
    im sure that the £75 was made back in seconds.

• Advertisement
Advertisement