Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill Clinton Potrait

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

I think the artist used a picture of Clinton sleeping at George Bush's funeral as a guide:

U5Z7Wdi.png

• Registered Users Posts: 32,875 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It's aight.

00123aef-614.jpg
    Untitled_1.jpg

The painting's not bad, but the pose is awful. Looks like he just sharted.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

gozunda wrote: »
    Id agree tbh - yer man allegedly changed his diet (sic) around the time the Billionaire Stordalens (IYF animals rights / plant food activists) paid Bill Clinton 3.5m Norwegian Krone to speak at one of their conferences

Looks like he is doing little more the usual 'vegan' bandwagon thing tbh

https://www.plantsmartliving.com/blog/2016/7/25/should-bill-should-not-be-considered-a-vegan-celebrity

:D:D:D:D

LOL. Gozzie, do you realize I actually posted that Clinton vegan titbit with the express purpose of seeing would you bite!

OBSESSSED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Both Bill and Hilary Clinton are scum of the highest order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

It's an excellent painting but makes him look older and gives him more of a whiskey nose IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    Both Bill and Hilary Clinton are scum of the highest order.

How so, Mr Hogan?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I think it portrays his shrivelled up little soul perfectly. Like a later day Mr. Burnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

gifted wrote: »
    Looks like he's patting Monica on her head.....

Pensive

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

bfa1509 wrote: »
    I think the artist used a picture of Clinton sleeping at George Bush's funeral as a guide:

U5Z7Wdi.png

That’s another good head shot

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Yurt! wrote: »
    LOLGozziedo yourealizeIactually postedthatClintontvegantitbit withtheexpresspurposeofseeingeouldyou biteOBSESSSED

Lol I'm sorry if your feelings are hurt but YURT but may I ask why you always seek me out - and no I didnt reply to your post - but no matter

'Obsessed' for sure. Just how many times have you made a comment into an ad hominem? 220? 541? As you seem confused what discussion is and just in case your going to ad hominem any one else who posts on the thread - here's something I've always found useful as a guide tbh - hope it helps with your confusion ...
    Comment on the post not the poster.

Responding to someone's point with personal attacks, regardless of how "witty" you think they are, is not big or clever. It just comes across, at best, as being an ass and at worst a bully with a small doodah (we mean “mind” of course).

It’s much better to stay on the topic of their post, not on the person who posted it. People will respect you for that, take your opinion more seriously, and you put the ball back in their court to answer your points.

Abuse is tantamount to saying, "You have beaten me with your argument; I can only resort to name calling."
    from boards.ie FAQ

Have a nice day ;)

• Advertisement

Precious Gozzie.

I heard there's some vegans gathering over in the fencing forum to discuss hummus recipes. They may or may not be enviro-communists as well.

Don't let it slip through your fingers.

Yurt! wrote: »
    PreciousGozzieIheardthere'ssomevegansgatheringoverinthefencingforumtodiscusshummusrecipes.Theymayormaynotbeenviro-communistsaswell.Don'tletit slipthroughyourfingers

Even more? Indeed unlike you I'm a regular contributor to the v&v forum where farming and that thing you hate 'meat' are regularly discussed as topics by lots of posters and quite civilised it is too. Funny that just a tiny bunch of IYF plant activists in AH dont like any discussion or others holding comments up to scrutiny. But hey there you go ... ;)

Now before you derail yet another thread if you would like to actually discuss the comments regarding Bill Clinton then we can do that. Up to you ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

bobbyss wrote: »
    I thought it made him look older and more haggard than he actually is.

I don’t know. He has looked quite frail the last few years.

gozunda wrote: »
    Even more lol? Indeed unlike you I'm a regular contributor to the v&v forum where farming and that thing you hate 'meat' are regularly discussed as topics by lots of posters and quite civilised it is too. Funny that just a tiny bunch of IYF plant activists in AH dont like any discussion or others holding comments up to scrutiny. But hey there you go ... ;)

Now before you derail yet another thread if you would like to actually discuss the comments regarding Bill Clinton then we can do that. Up to you ...

1.Someone mentions Bill is vegan in passing.

2. Gozzie goes off on one about vegans again.

3. Gozzie accuses other poster of thread derailment without any hint of irony.

The cycle is complete. Thread has been gozunda'd

I don’t know. He has looked quite frail the last few years.

He seems to have mellowed somewhat as well
    In a comment about wider trends, he spoke of people being unmoored, grasping for a new identity, sometimes this can be very good but sometimes it can be quite destructive.

"I don't like living in an age of resentment and division, I like living in an age of possibility and hope and actually we are living in both, there's like this battle going on every day in countries all over the world," Mr Clinton said.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2019/0618/1055926-clinton-painting-davidson/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

He is old...

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSQB_RQU0QtoyZAuoZC7gH3_eOs5syu-OY4hZJCCM2A7ZEgYueB

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Looks like Wild Bill has a lot on his mind. A lot of guilt. Whether it be the Clinton Foundation or the social circles he runs with...

• The world must be near its end when an art appreciation thread appears in After Hours...

It's a fine painting, showing his decline to a generally very positive Irish audience which is well aware of the enormous power he once had. Very humbling. The man is almost 73 and he is, as many people have pointed out, looking noticeably frailer these days.

I distinctly recall his election being a breath of fresh air in Ireland in the early 1990s. He was a very good friend to the Irish economy and he made a critical judgment call when he decided to back the Peace Process against enormous British lobbying. Hume at the time was enduring a barrage of abuse on a quotidian basis from O'Reilly's Independent rags, most notably the Sunday Independent. And when Clinton sided with Ted Kennedy, Bruce Morrison, Chris Dodd etc, and a number of wealthy Irish Americans - Chuck Feeney, Bill Flynn and Donald Keough spring immediately to mind - it tipped the balance enormously in favour of the Hume-Adams Agreement/Peace Process succeeding.

That Clinton's Republican opponents decided to focus on his sex life as the major stick to beat him showed them up to be backward little troglodytes. Surely they could have found something much more serious to base impeachment proceedings upon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Woke Hogan wrote: »

So was Obama by that definition.

He let the bankers following financial crisis all run scot free, but then his biggest donors throughout his election campaigns were Goldman Sachs so I suppose we could expect nothing less. Let citigroup hand pick his cabinet!

Also escalated the war in Afghanistan leaving an extra 2000 US troops dead. Seems to avoid this criticism from the worlds left which I've never understood.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Caption this portrait:

"When Trump Won Florida".

So was Obama by that definition.

He let the bankers following financial crisis all run scot free, but then his biggest donors throughout his election campaigns were Goldman Sachs so I suppose we could expect nothing less. Let citigroup hand pick his cabinet!

Also escalated the war in Afghanistan leaving an extra 2000 US troops dead. Seems to avoid this criticism from the worlds left which I've never understood.
    Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,059 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The world must be near its end when an art appreciation thread appears in After Hours...

It's a fine painting, showing his decline to a generally very positive Irish audience which is well aware of the enormous power he once had. Very humbling. The man is almost 73 and he is, as many people have pointed out, looking noticeably frailer these days.

I distinctly recall his election being a breath of fresh air in Ireland in the early 1990s. He was a very good friend to the Irish economy and he made a critical judgment call when he decided to back the Peace Process against enormous British lobbying. Hume at the time was enduring a barrage of abuse on a quotidian basis from O'Reilly's Independent rags, most notably the Sunday Independent. And when Clinton sided with Ted Kennedy, Bruce Morrison, Chris Dodd etc, and a number of wealthy Irish Americans - Chuck Feeney, Bill Flynn and Donald Keough spring immediately to mind - it tipped the balance enormously in favour of the Hume-Adams Agreement/Peace Process succeeding.

That Clinton's Republican opponents decided to focus on his sex life as the major stick to beat him showed them up to be backward little troglodytes. Surely they could have found something much more serious to base impeachment proceedings upon?

not fogetting showing themselves as massive hypocrites considering who they later voted in to power.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

It's aight.

00123aef-614.jpg
    Untitled_1.jpg
    Draught Dodger and I don’t mean what was coming from between Monica’s legs .:eek:

Advertisement